PDA

View Full Version : Point proven

Princess
04-01-2007, 12:22 PM
That it doesn't matter how famous anyone is to get noticed on CBB. Like last night we get Jermaine Jackson whose band was so famous that they had to have their own postal code for all their fan mail. Yet the one guy we are all talking about is the one no had heard of. He was f'ing and blinding and so he gets all the attention

Same last year. We get a huge basketball star and a once huge entertainer. And we just talk about Chantelle.

So it really doesn't matter about the line-up it seems as long as they are entertaining which really is the point of BB in the first place.

Bells
04-01-2007, 12:26 PM
Which is why I never judge celeb HMs based on their celeb status, it's all about how they are in the house. I still think it's a bit early to judge completely but based on first impressions I've realised now that celebs don't always expose their true selves.

SiMoN!
04-01-2007, 12:26 PM
there still celebs really lol

GlitterEyes
04-01-2007, 12:27 PM
I think he seemed rather annoyed people not knowing who he was aswell...he seemed a bit stand off ish when people didn't shout wow its Jermaine etc lol.

MarkWaldorf
04-01-2007, 12:27 PM
True I guess. Which is why is I end up watching these shows anyway. Because even if I haven't heard of them before, doesn't mean I wont like them.

Mike
04-01-2007, 12:56 PM
Jermaine seemed well annoyed when people didn't have a clue who he was, don't know too much about him personally other than who his brother is but will still give him a chance, havent had much chance to watch live feed yet but will have a look later.

lily.
04-01-2007, 12:58 PM
I think Jermaine hasn't spent much time in the limelight in recent years, so it's understandable that he isn't instantly recognisable. He admits to being a private person, so he can't really complain about people not making a big deal over him.

It will be interesting to see how he fairs in the house, as he has certainly had a very privileged upbringing, and "real life" is a bit of a stretch for him to be honest. Of course, that's not his fault, but I do think he will be a good HM because of it.

GlitterEyes
04-01-2007, 01:05 PM
I think it all depends on if he is willing to interact with people he thinks are lower than himself and to see how he copes without friends & family. I cannot see him quitting personally because he seems someone who will stick it out...but he does need to interact more with people. I think Donny and Danielle are also "loners" of the group..they do try more than Jermaine though.

lily.
04-01-2007, 01:12 PM
Danielle is so out of her depth. She won't survive this. She isn't the sharpest tool in the shed either.. :conf2:

Slezer
04-01-2007, 01:20 PM
I wouldn't say it depends on your status as a celebrity in big brother to do well, but there has to be a certain balance of not-so-well-known celebs mixed with well known celebrities to make people tune in.

lily.
04-01-2007, 01:24 PM
I have to say I think they are scraping the ar$e of the barrel this year with the "celebs" seriously!

However, I will watch the show and I might even be entertained... You just never know!

Ruth
04-01-2007, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Princess
That it doesn't matter how famous anyone is to get noticed on CBB. Like last night we get Jermaine Jackson whose band was so famous that they had to have their own postal code for all their fan mail. Yet the one guy we are all talking about is the one no had heard of. He was f'ing and blinding and so he gets all the attention

Same last year. We get a huge basketball star and a once huge entertainer. And we just talk about Chantelle.

So it really doesn't matter about the line-up it seems as long as they are entertaining which really is the point of BB in the first place.

True to a point. But if Jermaine was still successful in England, people would probably still be talking about him more than the others. But let's face it, he isn't a big star over here any more (although he doesn't seem to realise that).

Lauren
04-01-2007, 02:48 PM
I agree Laura. Every year we get the same reactions from people "Those aren't celebs!" - well does it really matter? They're famous, obviously. And they've been drawing viewers in from everywhere. They're just as entertaining as everyone else, and they have their own fanbase.

And as you said, no-one knew Chantelle and yet she still won. The celeb status isn't everything!

andybigbro
04-01-2007, 04:38 PM
Yeah i agree laura

Dan_
04-01-2007, 04:42 PM
Totally agree, afterall we watch a bunch of random nobody's in the normal version of BB and are entertained by them so it does not matter if you're A List or Z list just so long as they make for interesting viewing.

Juelz
04-01-2007, 04:45 PM
this is true but it doesnt matter if your fmous anyway, you can still be a good contestant.

EG the normal big brother is full of ppl we never herd of yet we love that..

Ruth
04-01-2007, 06:42 PM
Well it's true that you don't need to be famous to be a good housemate. But as it's celebrity big brother, it's not unreasonable to expect people to be famous. And most of the housemates are not famous this year. They were once, or they hope to be in future, but not many of them can be described as bona fide celebs. Of course, bona fide celebs will never go on the show - they don't need to.