PDA

View Full Version : Do you like it when the producers try and stir up drama?

zakman440
18-05-2015, 06:50 PM
In the forms of giving the housemates viewer opinion (though polls/viewer tweets), nominations twists and showing the housemates Diary Room/other footage?

Will.
18-05-2015, 06:52 PM
Yes with this series as its been quiet for the last week so having drama 10 days in or so is a good thing.

smudgie
18-05-2015, 06:53 PM
I quite like it, shakes them up a bit.
Those that come out on top normally overplay the game and ruin it for themselves.
Those that get dissed get paranoid, what's not to like?:shrug:

Beetlejuice
18-05-2015, 06:53 PM
I don't mind when done right. But this just feels desperate.

I don't really know how people continue to defend this programme to be honest. It must have the worst production team in television.

Mystic Mock
18-05-2015, 06:55 PM
If it's late in the series, and it's starting to die off then yes I'm all for it.

But when it's at this stage then no I would like it to play out naturally.

Jake.
18-05-2015, 06:56 PM
No, leave things as they are.

Withano
18-05-2015, 07:07 PM
It works fine usually, saying that I would love a completely paranoid house with 0 knowledge of how they're perceived, this would include Emma speaking to the house from a silent studio. It would be interesting for a change.

Jamesy
18-05-2015, 07:07 PM
I like it but in short spurts and at the right time.

The way I like to see things:
- Week 1: Launch night twist and reveal (if applicable)
- Week 4: Face-to-face noms
- Week 6: Mid-series twist, new housemates or both
- Week 8: Public poll/something involving the outside world but not spoiling too much

Unfortunately the days of no interference are gone (they disappeared halfway through the Channel 4 era really). Although there needs to be a good balance with keeping things natural while injecting some twists that will keep the show fresh and exciting.

Fun tasks and shopping tasks over several days should be the things that keep the show entertaining. Particularly since BB15 tasks have become non-existent, it's like that department has been stripped down to nothing which results in shopping tasks that last 6 hours and daily tasks that lack a lot. It's hard to judge the task team with BB16 yet, although things like Eileen's secret mission yesterday shows that we can be entertained in far more ways than constant negativity.

Daniel-X
18-05-2015, 07:08 PM
No it's much better when things flow naturally usually.

However, sometimes a twist can be a good thing. This is rare though.

Shaun
18-05-2015, 07:11 PM
the only manufactured drama I've seen executed well has been on Drag Race. get their producers in, then we may talk.

Josy
18-05-2015, 07:32 PM
No. I genuinely prefer everything to develop naturally and we have a decent enough mix of them in there for normal every day dramas to happen.

Pete.
18-05-2015, 07:34 PM
NO Power Trip is the reason why

aman201
18-05-2015, 07:38 PM
Some of these twists are embarrassing.

Especially the eviction of that showbiz slaphead bloke on Day 1.

rusticgal
18-05-2015, 07:52 PM
I like it sometimes....it's good when they show snippets of what housemates said about others. It's good when they randomly show Diary room noms...but once per series is enough.
Face to face never works because it's always live and people are rushed for pathetic reasons and not forced for valid ones.

They all talk about each other...and it's good when they stir the pot by showing it (so long as it isn't biased like Ashleigh last year).