PDA

View Full Version : BB Aled from Radio 1: Comments about Celebrities

Sophii3x
05-01-2007, 03:08 PM
JERMAINE JACKSON

HOW did Big Brother producers get him!?! WHY has he gone in? And WHO told him it'd be a good idea?

There's always one that BB seem to manage to pull out of the hat that make us go "no!" for me that was Jermaine I'm very interested to see what he's like and what he has to say about Michael. Could be the David Guest of the group and surprise us all by his normality... who knows.

DANIELLE LLOYD

There are a few unspoken rules about being a successful BB housemate. She's breaking some of them already – highlight how wealthy you are and how little work you do while not appearing grateful (the audience hate that), appearing as though you're trying to be as dumb as Jade (Jade was naturally thick so that was funny – if it doesn't appear natural people will be cynical) and selling yourself on how attractive or sexual you are doesn't work either. They need to find you attractive without you appearing to know it – just ask Traci Bingham. Not a great start.

KEN RUSSELL

WWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO? LOL!!
Am I the only one not to know who this "motion film heavyweight" is? Top tip: being a prat doesn't work – proof: John McCirick. He wasn't really hoping to copy Pete and get away with it was he?

JO O'MEARA

What a sweetheart! I appreciate I may be blinded slightly by my sexuality, but if I was to answer that awkward question that everyone asks each other at the start of any BB series, "who do you think is going to win?" then I'd have to say so far, for me, it's Jo. Pretty without flaunting it (she's in her pjs as I type this), honest ("that's where my career went wrong really"), can laugh at herself and comes across as one of us. The reality of the situation is of course that it's a marathon not a sprint and the person who walks in the favourite rarely are.

LEO SAYER

Here's a common misconception that Celebs and non-celebs make when they go into the BB house. A "natural entertainer" i.e. Someone who likes being centre of attention and who can hold court at parties don't work in the Big Brother house. One person's "natural entertainer" is another person's annoying. The people who keep the house up are the quiet diplomats and Leo doesn't appear to be one of those.

SHILPA SHETTY

Who's in the house to "raise Bollywood's profile". Phylease! Raise HER profile more like it. Where else DO YOU go when you're one of India's most famous people? The West I'd imagine. And what better than a series that streams live into more of Britain's houses than most others to kickstart project UK Career! She's making similar mistakes to Danielle on first appearances. Are you looking for sympathy when highlighting that you'll miss your entourage? Or looking for votes when boasting about how so many people know who you are? Or looking for sympathy when you tell us people don't know her over here... yet? I hope she's a nice person.

CLEO ROCOS

I'll reserve judgement on Cleo. Good entrance, warming to her already although she's being a bit guarded (good tactic – that's what you need to win, lay low for the first few evictions).

CAROLE MALONE

Already one of the people I love to hate, it'll be interesting to see whether she changes my view on that or reinforces it. A face that popped up more as a talking head from Channel 4 / Five / Sky One Review of the Year / Top 100 Countdown's programmes than Jimmy Carr presented. She's clearly someone who places herself high on the moral shelf and above mere celebrities as she's able to comment on them on all the shows. Very much believes she's a journalist that's managed to get into the house rather than admitting to herself and others that she's now one of those "celebrities" that she thinks are fair game to judge and to be honest so wishes she could be. Well she's got it, and judging by her mistakes it's going to be a bumpy ride. Loud in the house, opinionated, a journalist, and refers to herself constantly as "we" as in "us jounalists" not something that's going to get her accepted in the house and certainly not going to help the public warm to her. At this rate it could be a short visit.

DONNY TOURETTE

What a sad, pathetic, clichι entrance. I'm hoping there are personality deficiencies that caused them that might come out in him during the house. At least then, there's a chance of something for the audience to warm to, because when you look at who watches and more importantly who votes on Big Brother – there's not much to warm to so far.

IAN 'H' WATKINS

I must confess an irrational hatred of this man. Which isn't fair. It's based on him being a member of Steps – which I can take or leave – but when he managed to out-camp the band – THAT is a feat. I've met him a couple of times both of which reinforced my feelings towards the Welsh gayer. And that's the rub. I am INEVITABLY going to feel a tonne of pressure to like him being a) Welsh and b) gay that I'd better give him a second chance. He better not mess it up. Bar Brian Dowling (who was a novelty) gay people never came out well on Big Brother. They tend to be picked for their sexuality rather than for other reasons which normally mean they're therefore camp and very irritating. What I wouldn't give for a normal gay guy to go into BB! Ian, just stop the laugh and we'll go from there!

DIRK BENEDICT

And the final genius hand is played. I love it! Despite swearing that his name was in fact a food item I now know who he is and it's genius. It's connected with so many people immediately that he surely has to be an early favourites. He just needs to not mess it up. A Team. Love it

Sophii3x
05-01-2007, 03:24 PM
I like Aled
He's so bitchy:laugh:

Siouxsie
05-01-2007, 03:25 PM
good reading thanks

Sophii3x
05-01-2007, 03:26 PM
No probs Scooby:thumbs:

MarkWaldorf
05-01-2007, 03:26 PM
:tongue: I like his Jo comments.
Dont you find it weird when celebrity people use 'LOL' lol?

andybigbro
05-01-2007, 04:36 PM
Thanks for the Comments

missbling
05-01-2007, 04:44 PM
thanks

Bells
05-01-2007, 04:45 PM
Yeah thanks for that Sophie!

Sophii3x
05-01-2007, 04:46 PM
No probs people :hugesmile: