PDA

View Full Version : Why are there too many threads on this forum?

The_Hitman
06-01-2007, 01:21 AM
Ive noticed that most of the threads in this forum could be joined with others to make up the same conversation. Why is there such a need to have so many?

Siouxsie
06-01-2007, 01:22 AM
always the same during bb

Jay
06-01-2007, 01:24 AM
People have lot's to chat about.

Slezer
relax your socks

Siouxsie
its cool

Psylocke
06-01-2007, 01:28 AM
lots of spammin happened earlier too

The_Hitman
06-01-2007, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by Jay

Sure they do, but so many threads have the same subject. Just takes longer to look through em, and less incentive to even bother doin so.

Siouxsie
06-01-2007, 01:33 AM
things happen too quick it gets confusing

James
06-01-2007, 01:34 AM
We'll try and merge topics a bit more.

I haven't really been doing it, been busy with other stuff.

Siouxsie
06-01-2007, 01:35 AM
good idea

The_Hitman
06-01-2007, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by James
We'll try and merge topics a bit more.

I haven't really been doing it, been busy with other stuff.

That was my thinkin. My football clubs message board merges em all together to make it a bit easier, if you do it already then thats reet by me.

Siouxsie
06-01-2007, 01:45 AM
this aint a footy thread

Red Moon
06-01-2007, 01:53 AM
People post without checking that the thread exists already. They think they are first with the news. There is also post counts to to consider, if a user deletes their thread they lose a post and face. Post count seems to be a big thing with some members. We can't catch them all. I will, as will everyone else on the moderating team, try and clean things up when we can, but while people keep falling out and picking on each other we don't have the time. We are to busy sorting out the interpersonal mess. Give use time.

Messiah
06-01-2007, 01:54 AM
People like to make new threads to feel important. Take yourself for example.

Siouxsie
06-01-2007, 01:55 AM
who me ?
post count is the last thing on my mind

Red Moon
06-01-2007, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by Messiah

I play the game threads.... check my profile.

Red Moon
06-01-2007, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by scooby
who me ?
post count is the last thing on my mind

I didn't mention names. You have been about for ages. Hence the high post count... it's natural to have a high post count if you been on the site a long time and posted between the shows.

Siouxsie
06-01-2007, 02:02 AM
isnt that what a forum is for
i really do like it here
some members seem to complain about my posts all the time
honestly whats the point of a forum if you dare not post because of what members think
just my opinion red
not a personal attack

Red Moon
06-01-2007, 02:06 AM
Glad you are here Scooby, it would be different without you. It's what you say that is important and not what members think. It's having an opinion and putting it across and stating your case so people understand your views.

But this off topic.

Siouxsie
06-01-2007, 02:08 AM
ok cool:thumbs:

The_Hitman
06-01-2007, 02:22 AM
Originally posted by Messiah

A message board could never......and I mean never.....make me feel important.

suzywingwong
06-01-2007, 02:40 AM
I understand it isnt an easy task , keeping up with loads of posts that cover the same topic, with everyone posting thinking they have the news on there first. But i do have to admit that sifting through it is difficult, i appreciate the job the admins and moderators do, and from experience know its a thankless task,so keep up the good work . But members have to keep up their side of it too, it doesn't take long to check if theres someting related, if there is join in that one and better luck getting in first with the next piece of gossip. in the long run it means everything will be easier to have access too and you dont have to keep repeating yourself all the time in loads of related posts.

Siouxsie
06-01-2007, 02:44 AM
its only a twice a year job when it gets busy lol

Rory
06-01-2007, 02:54 AM
And to boost their post count they just reply saying "thanks."

Siouxsie
06-01-2007, 02:56 AM
well thats just being polite

Smeggypants
06-01-2007, 04:00 AM
Originally posted by The_Hitman
Originally posted by Jay

Sure they do, but so many threads have the same subject. Just takes longer to look through em, and less incentive to even bother doin so.

Start your own thread then :) :) :)

Juelz
06-01-2007, 04:02 AM
i agree with this........
it should be more orginised so that we keep a smaller ammount of threads and none with the same topic twice.........

Siouxsie
06-01-2007, 04:03 AM
its not that easy when thing happen so quick

Juelz
06-01-2007, 04:04 AM
actualy yea...

The_Hitman
06-01-2007, 10:36 AM

Every single moment doesnt require a comment though. Take your time, form an opinion, find the appropriate thread, join the conversation.

Or just post post post:banana:post post post post:banana:post post post post:banana:

Siouxsie
06-01-2007, 10:57 AM
who are you to tell anyone what and when they can post

MarkWaldorf
06-01-2007, 11:04 AM
Not another. :rolleyes:

These types of threads that mention people's anger against 'spamming' just end up in arguments. Bad idea starting one.

Siouxsie
06-01-2007, 11:07 AM
True mark very true
not worth the hassle is it

MarkWaldorf
06-01-2007, 11:10 AM
Nah, it's not worth the hassle. If someone has a problem that's what the admin are here for, to help solve it.

Bells
06-01-2007, 11:12 AM
This is a forum, people can post whenever they feel the need to, saying whatever it is they feel like saying!

About the topics issue, there are quite a few similar ones I must admit, mainly because people don't realise the same thread idea might have been thought of beforehand. But the admin are doing the best they can in merging topics, and you could always help by just posting the link of the other similar thread in the new thread that's been created (which is what I tend to do).

Siouxsie
06-01-2007, 11:13 AM
yes well said mark and ice maiden Its bound to happen at first as things happen so quickly:xyxwave:

The_Hitman
06-01-2007, 11:23 AM
I think this thread had a small effect though. Finally some threads are getting merged and everyones happy now, its always a good idea to keep goons on their toes when theyre being irresponsible:laugh:

suzywingwong
06-01-2007, 03:01 PM
calling people goons and telling them they are being irresponsible wont win you any favours.

no one was telling you what to post but there are 44 pages of topics on the main cbb section of the page, good topics get lost in the vast amount of similar posts taking up 44 pages,

all well and good if all you do is sit in front of the computer sifting through topics till you find one that interests you, but surely it is better for all the forum community to have a site that is easy to read and you can get to and find good quality threads where everyone can contribute.

Someone whos topic gets lost without one reply or very little reply's could get downhearted and leave, whereas some thought before posting could mean everyone can post and enjoy a lengthy discussion, instead of similar posts all over the forum with one or 2 reply's.

Its not easy, and everyone wants to be first, but keep up the good work , in your thankless task as moderators and admin,

The_Hitman
06-01-2007, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by suzywingwong
calling people goons and telling them they are being irresponsible wont win you any favours.

Im not lookin for no favours Admin deleted.

suzywingwong
06-01-2007, 03:05 PM
just as well. because none were being offered.

Siouxsie
06-01-2007, 04:29 PM
yes the admin and moderators are doing a good job it is a busy time

James
06-01-2007, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by suzywingwong

Im not lookin for no favours Admin deleted.

That was not very nice. (The bit I deleted)

Unless I'm missing some private joke?

suzywingwong
06-01-2007, 04:41 PM
nah there was no private joke lol. im fine with it though, think he was complementing me in his own way saying they were sweet :wink:but thanks for the consideration.

Ella
06-01-2007, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Slezer
relax your socks

OMG! Slezer is back! yaaay! :thumbs2:

Siouxsie
06-01-2007, 07:00 PM
hi elz where ya been hiding:xyxwave:

iConBOY
06-01-2007, 07:24 PM
Don't you have a search feature where people can search for posts that's already been made?

Tanser_Man
06-01-2007, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Rory
And to boost their post count they just reply saying "thanks."

At last people are starting to see it.

I applaud the admin's here but theres only so much they can do, look in the suggestions area of the forum and give your views in the debate.

People are posting for the hell of it, which isn't an incitement for debate.

Tanser_Man
06-01-2007, 07:27 PM

Every single moment doesnt require a comment though. Take your time, form an opinion, find the appropriate thread, join the conversation.

Or just post post post:banana:post post post post:banana:post post post post:banana:

It's falling on deaf ears mate, you'll be the one who ends up getting in trouble. Trust me.

Quality over quantity, but who are we to acknowledge this.

iConBOY
06-01-2007, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Tanser_Man

It's falling on deaf ears mate, you'll be the one who ends up getting in trouble. Trust me.

You know ur Last.fm sig.. how did you get the BBcode for it?

Tanser_Man
06-01-2007, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by iConBOY

You know ur Last.fm sig.. how did you get the BBcode for it?

Just copied the image location of it and posts it as you would a normal image.

Check this out

[ url =http://www.last.fm/user/IndieChris86/?chartstyle=Maclen] [ im g]http://imagegen.last.fm/Maclen/recenttracks/IndieChris86.gif[/ img ] [/ url ]

iConBOY
06-01-2007, 07:50 PM
Do you have to go to the website to get the image?

I'm on there now but can't find it =\

Tanser_Man
06-01-2007, 07:56 PM
At recent tracks it should say below your tracks, "Put this on your website/bog".. click it.. then on the right hand side it should say forum bb code!

:thumbs:

iConBOY
06-01-2007, 07:59 PM
Got it thanks :]

The_Hitman
07-01-2007, 12:25 AM

Oh deary deary me. Please dont get me in trouble little indie kid. Dont grass on me, ill never forgive myself if i just dont make friends with you. :joker: