PDA

View Full Version : I hate all this Editing after 9 pm Why ?

Dan_
06-01-2007, 11:40 AM
Do you mean the live feed?

It's for legal reason's.

Dan_
06-01-2007, 12:26 PM
Not really, if one of the celebs mentions something that might not be true and is more their opinion and not actual fact the show is as at risk of being sued.

Siouxsie
06-01-2007, 12:53 PM
its law

Princess
06-01-2007, 12:54 PM
They have to have sound-cuts. If a housemate swears or talks about the outside world they can't have that broadcast. Then they could get sued and BB would no more. So editing is better in the long term!

Tanser_Man
06-01-2007, 01:27 PM
I agree with the sound editing as and when the time is right but when there having a chat about socks or something they still do it!

:nono:

GlitterEyes
06-01-2007, 01:30 PM
The use to do it just to block out swearing and talking about family etc but thesedays its edited more and more to make people tune into the highlights show to see what happened. This also gives them more room to manipulate the voters as they can edit out certain parts to make certain people look in a certain way.

Lauren
06-01-2007, 01:43 PM
Because BB don't own the copyright for that music to be played. :thumbs:

And sometimes they block out good bits of the show, so that they can show it later on the main show.

GlitterEyes
06-01-2007, 01:47 PM
Yeah plus they only want to pay once for the music being played...which is on the main show rather than live and paying twice. Thats one part of big brother I would like them to change I miss seeing them dance and sign to the music...with the money they make they could atleast fork out for the rights of some songs.

GlitterEyes
06-01-2007, 01:55 PM
Yeah but they make millions down to the fact they are scrooges lol

Lauren
06-01-2007, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by merlin437
bb makes millions it is the biggest reality tv show in this country.

And they wouldn't be the biggest reality TV show in the country if they threw money around as if it were rubbish. It costs a lot for them to play a song twice to millions of people - so if they can only play it once - why not?

Lauren
06-01-2007, 02:07 PM
Strange our they never edited the 1st big brother show.

Maybe they lost out on a lot of money from the first show and hence why they're doing it this way now?

GlitterEyes
06-01-2007, 02:08 PM
People probably didn't complain about rights etc on the first show as much. The fact people watch without the music is reason enough for big brother not to include it live.

arista
06-01-2007, 02:10 PM
Why do they edit bb after 9 o clock at night i watch it at 2 and 3 o clock and they still edit it.

Maybe because Carole was telling Donny Jade is going in,
Donny was getting Rude.

So they Looped the Live feed twice or so.

And Donny got out
they online editor did the switch to loop
under new Endemol Rules.

I hope they do not Loop it again.

arista
06-01-2007, 02:12 PM
You mean E4 repeats,
they have to edit all Adult words out.
Daytime hours - little kids watch it.

Ch4 was fined by ofcom
over other Live shows
because they did not bleep the swear words.

andybigbro
06-01-2007, 05:13 PM
oh god i hate editing too

Riz
06-01-2007, 11:07 PM
i know i dnt get it.. late night viewing should be able to hear :conf2:

spacebandit
06-01-2007, 11:18 PM
Example 1

Because if they mention in conversation that the big bloke who lives next door to them likes to dress up in womens clothes and parade around the house - the big bloke next door can sue channel 4 and endemol.

Example 2

If they mention in passing that a relative is on trial for something and its broadcast - Channel 4 and Endemol are in contempt of court and are fined, and in all probability the trial is then stopped and cannot continue.

The basics

the HM's sign disclaimers, the people outside they may talk about amongst themselves, family / friends / etc etc do not. If anything is broadcast that could defame a third party - the third party has legal redress.

What is so difficult to understand about that ?

Dracula
07-01-2007, 12:31 AM
You should watch George Orwell's 1984 its about people like you that believe what you are being told.:joker:

Dan_
07-01-2007, 12:34 AM
You just don't get it you, do you?

Dracula
07-01-2007, 12:42 AM
Why are we the ONLY country on Earth that edits big brother.

You tell me Sherlock ?

Dan_
07-01-2007, 12:44 AM
We are not the only country that edits it though, the same legal contstraints apply in other country's for the live feed unless they want to be sued that is.

Dracula
07-01-2007, 12:49 AM
Name the countrie's please.

Dan_
07-01-2007, 12:57 AM
Kazakstan :xyxwave:.

In all seriousness on the live feed you cannot broadcast a housemate saying stuff like my neighbour Billy is a pervert as he can sue for deformation of character, that's just not the law here it's the law in the majority of countries.In America they are always censoring stuff on tv such as swearing and nudity on live shows like wrestling.

Unless they want to be sued you cannot allow that sort of stuff to be broadcasted.

James
07-01-2007, 01:01 AM
Why are we the ONLY country on Earth that edits big brother.

You tell me Sherlock ?

Watch it with the sarcastic tone, merlin.

Channel 4, like all other television channels that broadcast in the UK, are legally bound by the Ofcom broadcasting code.

Interestingly they could get away with fewer sound dips on the Internet streaming, but they choose not to.

andybigbro
07-01-2007, 01:03 AM
i dont mind the dips to be honest i feel its more like big brother if it had them

Dracula
07-01-2007, 01:23 AM
James

Take a day off.:xyxwave:

Rory
07-01-2007, 05:56 AM
James

Take a day off.:xyxwave:
:flowers: Put these on your warning/banning grave.

Anyways, USA's BB doesn't have "daily shows", so we never really know what they talk about. I'd rather have an edited down version rather than not knowing what's on their minds at all.