PDA

View Full Version : What actually is a celeb ?

Siouxsie
06-01-2007, 02:59 PM
To me a celeb is someone who is famouse for doing something entertaining like an actor singer footballer etc
and has gained celeb status.
Jakie (Jades mum isnt a celeb ) imo
Donny was and still is a celeb
IAnd Yes I had heard of him before he entered the house
I have his albums(someone i think it was lance asked me this)
so what is a real celeb
It is really bugging me
opinions please without arguing:thumbs:

Chrizzle
06-01-2007, 03:01 PM
Jackiey isn't in there as a celeb, shes in there as a family member.

A celebrity is someone in the public eye- I don't think personally you need talent to be classed as one. It doesn't matter.

Lauren
06-01-2007, 03:02 PM
You don't need talent to be classed as a celeb. Look at Jade Goody for example.... Or the Queen. :wink:

Siouxsie
06-01-2007, 03:03 PM
thanks for that opinion
I just want everyones thoughts on it thats all

GlitterEyes
06-01-2007, 03:03 PM
I think celeb status has changed since reality tv. It use to be someone who worked in films, on tv or a famous footballer but now you become a celeb if you appear on a reality tv show which is wrong.

Bells
06-01-2007, 03:04 PM
A celeb to me is someone who is well-known, you can have different ranks of celeb as well as types; e.g. actor, singer, TV presenter, some of which you've mentioned.

But just a 'celeb' counts as anyone who's well known and in some cases has a fan base as well.

Princess
06-01-2007, 03:05 PM
A celebrity is defined as someone who is well known I think. I think there is a difference between famous person,celebrity and celeb though.

Famous person: Bono,Bob Geldof,The Queen etc. People who are known world-wide and actually do something in the world

Celebrity:Jennifer Lopez,Beyonce,Take That. Known in a lot of the world and have talent.

Celebs:Chantelle,Jade,Jasmine Lennard.Well known in one part of the world and is famous for being famous.

Arneldo
06-01-2007, 03:05 PM
Years ago you may have needed a talkent to be a celebrity but the times have changed.

Today, a Celebrity is sombody who people admire and look up to, sombody people want to read about, Sombody the public find entertaining.

And Laurne made a good point - The Queen, possible the most famamous person in the world - what has she done? All She did was be born.

lily.
06-01-2007, 03:07 PM
Celebrity is someone who is a household name... someone who the majority of the public know or have heard of.

Sometimes the celebs they choose for these shows aren't really celebs at all. But, then again, maybe the real celebs don't want to do it.

Ask random people on the street who Jermaine Jackson is, and 99% of them will know. Ask them who Danielle Lloyd is and I would think the percentage would go down. Nothing against the girl, but she's not really a celeb. Most of them in the house this year aren't really known at all.

Chrizzle
06-01-2007, 03:07 PM
I don't thnik reality stars are wrong at all. They provide us with entertainment, and we actually know them as people.

I think.. Grace for example is much more worthy than say some filmstar. Because we know her.

The more celebrities the better..

Siouxsie
06-01-2007, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by GlitterEyes
I think celeb status has changed since reality tv. It use to be someone who worked in films, on tv or a famous footballer but now you become a celeb if you appear on a reality tv show which is wrong.
exactly glitter eyes that what i thought
thanks

Chilltown
06-01-2007, 03:09 PM
This is Celebrity Big Brother. No one should be in there as a family member of being Famous for being Famous. Put in the actors, musicians, comedians, etc who earned their money by working and getting famous from that.

Enough with having non-celebrities on CBB!

Princess
06-01-2007, 03:09 PM
I personally love celebs the best. They reveal everything and aren't usually divas. Really a 'celeb' is someone you can relate to. Someone to look to and go well if they can so can I!

Chrizzle
06-01-2007, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Chilltown
This is Celebrity Big Brother. No one should be in there as a family member of being Famous for being Famous. Put in the actors, musicians, comedians, etc who earned their money by working and getting famous from that.

Yeah becase obnoxious, American, A-listers are going to entertaining arent they?

No they wont understand the rules, they'll think they are better than everyone.

I say, bring in the E-listers, and watch the great TV!

suzywingwong
06-01-2007, 03:11 PM
celebrity status is something that should be earned , not given on a plate because you had a roll in the sack with someone who knew a celebrity once,

Celebrity status is too easily given to people who have a good amount of front page headlines, and magazine coverage.

Whereas to me i recon you should be a celebrity because youve had to work to get there, even if it is just star in a few films, it should definately be about talent or skill.

Arneldo
Originally posted by Stropz
Celebrity is someone who is a household name... someone who the majority of the public know or have heard of.

Sometimes the celebs they choose for these shows aren't really celebs at all. But, then again, maybe the real celebs don't want to do it.

Ask random people on the street who Jermaine Jackson is, and 99% of them will know. Ask them who Danielle Lloyd is and I would think the percentage would go down. Nothing against the girl, but she's not really a celeb. Most of them in the house this year aren't really known at all.

Thats a brillant exlenasion (Sp?).

And, if you were to ask people on the street the majoirty of them would know who Jade Goody was.

Siouxsie
great opinions there keep them coming

Princess
06-01-2007, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Chrizzle

Yeah becase obnoxious, American, A-listers are going to entertaining arent they?

No they wont understand the rules, they'll think they are better than everyone.

I say, bring in the E-listers, and watch the great TV!

Too true! I don't care at all about A-listers. They may be famous sure but they ain't that entertaining. I love my E-lists!

lily.
06-01-2007, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by bb4eva
Originally posted by Stropz

Thats a brillant exlenasion (Sp?).

And, if you were to ask people on the street the majoirty of them would know who Jade Goody was.

I agree. I never doubted her "celebrity" status. I just don't want to watch her.. LoL

texbex
06-01-2007, 03:16 PM
they are famous for doing something they are passionate about for example Donny is a singer or a shouter haha and he loves what he does
I think its classed as infamous if its someone like Jade because she wasnt famous to start with she was famous for doing daft entertaining stuff on BB3 and she wasnt passionate about it

Siouxsie
06-01-2007, 03:16 PM
aah right but i still dont understand if jades mum wins celeb she will be a celeb
like chantelle
I:rolleyes: think its wrong

Chrizzle
06-01-2007, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by scooby
aah right but i still dont understand if jades mum wins celeb she will be a celeb
like chantelle
I:rolleyes: think its wrong
Well shes been on Bo Selecta, and done various TV things before, so shes hardly the most unknown person in the world.

Princess
06-01-2007, 03:17 PM
Chantelle is a celebrity though. Same with Jade. She is well known. Just because she didn't persay 'earn it' doesn't make her any less of a celeb than someone who did.

GlitterEyes
06-01-2007, 03:20 PM
They should be famous from something they have done...not just because of 1 tv show. One tv show doesn't make a celeb maybe they have the celeb name for a few years but how many still class bb1 contestants as a celebs? Maybe the winner is known for longer but the others are not celebs in my eyes. The celeb status "fades" where as the likes of U2, Bono, Spice girls etc names don't fade they have made history in more ways than a tv show.

Siouxsie
06-01-2007, 03:22 PM

thats what my point is exactly

texbex
06-01-2007, 03:23 PM
most of them are infamous like Danielle is sort of and Jade and Jackieys just a member of the public like Jack

Siouxsie
06-01-2007, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Princess
Chantelle is a celebrity though. Same with Jade. She is well known. Just because she didn't persay 'earn it' doesn't make her any less of a celeb than someone who did.
yes but chantelle wasnt famouse before she went on celeb bb
she wasnt a celeb so to me shouldnt have been on the show

Princess
06-01-2007, 03:27 PM
Yes but she didn't go in as a celeb did she? She was the not famous twist.

Siouxsie
06-01-2007, 03:29 PM
princess i cant see how she could go in as a celeb when she wasnt one in the first place wasnt she just a girl off the street. Correct me if im wrong
but i appreciate your point of view
its all very confusing to me lol:conf2:

Chrizzle
06-01-2007, 03:30 PM
princess i cant see how she could go in as a celeb when she wasnt one in the first place wasnt she just a girl off the street. Correct me if Im wrong
but i appreciate your point of view
its all very confusing to me lol:conf2:

Chantelle earnt her celebrity status- by acting..
Don't get me wrong, but doesn't any EastEnders star for example earn their status by acting?

Princess
06-01-2007, 03:31 PM
Scoob she didn't go in as a celeb! Thats the point. She went in as a non-famous person. That was her purpose. She wasn't supposed to be famous.

Chilltown
Chantelle didn't go in as a Celebrity though! She had no business being in there.

texbex
scooby your right she didnt go in as a famous person even though she might of been famous on the net as a lookalike she wasnt exactly talented for something

sungirl
Originally posted by GlitterEyes

i second that ! :thumbs:
its really annoying when ppl who have appeared in reality shows are called celebs..most of them are juss good for nuthin :bored:

Siouxsie
06-01-2007, 03:33 PM
thats what im trying to stay
I didnt know chantelle was an actress chrizzle ?

Chrizzle
06-01-2007, 03:35 PM
thats what Im trying to stay
I didnt know she was an actress chrizzle ?
Lmao

She acted in CBB!
She acted her way to celebrity status by pretending to be a popstar.

Chilltown
06-01-2007, 03:35 PM
Even if she is/was an actress, what did she act in to make her a "Celebrity" and well known somewhere.

Chantelle was a normal person before BB. They should have put her on BB7 not CBB4.

Chilltown
06-01-2007, 03:36 PM
Lmao

She acted in CBB!

Exactly! She's famous for Big Brother, and WAS NOT famous before the show. She wasn't a celebrity. Jade is a Reality-Star who also has no business being there.

Princess
06-01-2007, 03:36 PM
Well she did orgianlly audition for BB6 and was a guinea pig and stadby but the producers thought she had something special so kept her as the twist for CBB4.

Chrizzle
06-01-2007, 03:37 PM
Pmsl.

I'm gonna bring this up anytime any of you call a housemate dumb.

Ive said Chantelle acted in CBB!!!!

Arneldo
Originally posted by texbex
they are famous for doing something they are passionate about for example Donny is a singer or a shouter haha and he loves what he does
I think its classed as infamous if its someone like Jade because she wasnt famous to start with she was famous for doing daft entertaining stuff on BB3 and she wasnt passionate about it

You could also say she was a famous Author, Famous perfumeist (?) and a famous Beutition (Sp?)

Siouxsie
Lmao

She acted in CBB!

lmao right so therefore she went in the house as a nobody then lol:laugh2:

Chrizzle
Lmao

She acted in CBB!

Exactly! She's famous for Big Brother, and WAS NOT famous before the show. She wasn't a celebrity. Jade is a Reality-Star who also has no business being there.

IT WAS A TWIST!
It made the show intresting.
They never said she was a celebrity- hense why she was called a non-celebrity. Ommmg!

GlitterEyes
06-01-2007, 03:38 PM
I can understand them wanting Jade back in because she is the star of big brother...she has done the best after leaving the house but she is certainly no celeb...neither are her boyfriend or mother.

Chilltown
It was a twist, but she had no business being in there with those Celebrities. Just like Jade has no business in the CBB5 house.

Chrizzle
Lmao

She acted in CBB!

Well done.
They never said she was a celebrity. It was a twist.
Jeez.. I thought you were smart

Princess
06-01-2007, 03:39 PM
Lmao

She acted in CBB!

YES!! That was the purpose of her!!To be a non celebrity!!!!

Siouxsie
06-01-2007, 03:39 PM
:joker::joker:yes thats right

Chilltown
06-01-2007, 03:40 PM
Lmao

She acted in CBB!

Well done.

But it was CELEBRITY BIG BROTHER. There should be no regular people in there, only people who were famous BEFORE the show.

Bells
It wasn't Chantelle's fault though.
And she became a celeb after going on it, so she benefited in the long run.

Princess
Lmao

She acted in CBB!

Well done.

But it was CELEBRITY BIG BROTHER. There should be no regular people in there, only people who were famous BEFORE the show.

It was a TWIST!!!!

Chrizzle
06-01-2007, 03:41 PM
:joker::joker:yes thats right

Yes.. well done!! Your finally catching on.

One of BB's rules is BB has the right to change the rules.
yes it was CBB, and Chantelle was a non-celebrity, and she WON! None of your opinons can change that.

Siouxsie
06-01-2007, 03:41 PM
omg:laugh2: this is getting me so confused now

Chrizzle
06-01-2007, 03:42 PM
Oh ffs

Princess

How are you confused??? We said it loads of times!!!

GlitterEyes
That rule is basically rubbish though...letting them swop and change it to suit whatever they wish makes it unfair.

Chilltown
06-01-2007, 03:43 PM
However, it is the immorality of it. Jade shouldn't be in the house for being a Reality Star. She didn't make money from working in the media and earning CBB.

Chrizzle
06-01-2007, 03:43 PM
I'm actually leaving this thread now Its stressing me out so much. Lmao.

Princess
06-01-2007, 03:44 PM
I'm actually leaving this thread now Its stressing me out so much. Lmao.

*joins*

Siouxsie
06-01-2007, 03:45 PM
I'm actually leaving this thread now Its stressing me out so much. Lmao. ok chrizzle and princess ta for your patience lol:thumbs:

suzywingwong
06-01-2007, 03:47 PM
You could hardly call what chantelle did in cbb acting even in the widest sense of the word, she got away with it because she looked like any other girl band singer/infamous blonde with hair extensions,none of them really believed she was a celebrity, they just didnt have a clue who she was.

I respect your views princess and anyone else who likes her, but you will never get me to believe she deserved to win cbb,or deserves to be classed a celeb,

Princess
06-01-2007, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by suzywingwong
You could hardly call what chantelle did in cbb acting even in the widest sense of the word, she got away with it because she looked like any other girl band singer/infamous blonde with hair extensions,none of them really believed she was a celebrity, they just didnt have a clue who she was.

I respect your views princess and anyone else who likes her, but you will never get me to believe she deserved to win cbb,or deserves to be classed a celeb,

Well she did win,fair and square!

Navajo
06-01-2007, 03:51 PM
There are A-list celebs just as there are Z-list, ok so the house mates are mainly down the bottom of the alphabet, spare a thought for Tom Stevens (the guy arrested first ,about the Ipswich murders)he became (in)-famous over night ,and he was just in the wrong place at the wrongtime knowing the wrong people it seems... put him in the bb house ?? :dance2:

Siouxsie
06-01-2007, 03:52 PM
omg that could create a stir here neil :kiss:

suzywingwong
06-01-2007, 03:58 PM
She may have won, but im not sure on the fair and square part, but its history, just as well we dont all agree on everything.

You are true in what your saying but being a infamous celeb criminal doesnt always do you good though, gets you banged up in a house with alot of other housemates and its not usually for as little a time as the bb contestants get.

Chilltown
06-01-2007, 04:02 PM
Shame on Endemol for putting non-celebs into the house. It's lame attempt to gain ratings.

lily.
06-01-2007, 04:02 PM
Do what I do then.. switch off! :thumbs:

Siouxsie
06-01-2007, 04:21 PM
switch off what lol

xGemmax
06-01-2007, 04:38 PM
I think the title 'celebrity' is given too easily these days. People who go on reality shows are not celebrities. They are just well known. I think people are smart enough to know the difference between them and people who have real talent, but they just label them all with the same word.

andybigbro
06-01-2007, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by xGemmax
I think the title 'celebrity' is given too easily these days. People who go on reality shows are not celebrities. They are just well known. I think people are smart enough to know the difference between them and people who have real talent, but they just label them all with the same word.

True :thumbs2:

i agree