PDA

View Full Version : They should change the title of this show

Daniel.
04-06-2015, 07:23 PM
Because lbr it isn't Big Brother anymore is it

Pete.
04-06-2015, 07:24 PM
As long as there is evictions it will always bey BB. But they need to sort out the nominations

Dash Darington
04-06-2015, 07:25 PM
Big Pile of ****.

Smithy
04-06-2015, 07:25 PM
Big Pile of ****.

I was about to post this :joker::joker:

Daniel.
04-06-2015, 07:30 PM
fff

Kazanne
04-06-2015, 07:33 PM
Because lbr it isn't Big Brother anymore is it

No it's definitely not

Liam-
04-06-2015, 07:35 PM
It's still Big Brother though

Withano
04-06-2015, 07:35 PM
Big brother is still a suitable title for people being filmed inside a house

Liam-
04-06-2015, 07:36 PM

Exactly, the concept of the show is still the same, i don't see the issue.

Daniel.
04-06-2015, 07:37 PM
It's not, it's a shadow of it's former self, it's all contrived, manipulated drama.

The rules of Big Brother were the two or more housemates with the most nominations are up for eviction, that doesn't happen anymore, it's completely rigged, which is fine sometimes, but to have it done endlessly ruins the show.

reece(:
04-06-2015, 07:37 PM
Big Flop

Liam-
04-06-2015, 07:41 PM
It's not, it's a shadow of it's former self, it's all contrived, manipulated drama.

The rules of Big Brother were the two or more housemates with the most nominations are up for eviction, that doesn't happen anymore, it's completely rigged, which is fine sometimes, but to have it done endlessly ruins the show.

That in itself is a contradiction, if you're so against the show going off it's normal tandem, you should be against rigging at all times, not just when it goes against your favour.

The concept of the show is literally, still the same, people being filmed 24/7 in a house, they nominate and people get evicted, that's the concept and one of the main rules is 'Big Brother holds the right to change the rules as he sees fit' the tagline for the show has always been 'expect the unexpected' so by doing these things that you're claiming is turning the show into a 'shadow of it's former self' they are sticking to what they set claim to all those years ago, it's the exact same show.

Pete.
04-06-2015, 07:43 PM
Big Producers

Daniel.
04-06-2015, 07:44 PM
That in itself is a contradiction, if you're so against the show going off it's normal tandem, you should be against rigging at all times, not just when it goes against your favour.

The concept of the show is literally, still the same, people being filmed 24/7 in a house, they nominate and people get evicted, that's the concept and one of the main rules is 'Big Brother holds the right to change the rules as he sees fit' the tagline for the show has always been 'expect the unexpected' so by doing this things that you're claiming is turning the show into a 'shadow of it's former self' they are sticking to what they set claim to all those years ago, it's the exact same show.

It can be done at times, because a show like this needs twists, whether my favourite is up or not, I would say one big twist a season and one minor with the rest natural flowing, but no, they just can't leave it.

Yes it's people being filmed 24/7, but it used to be letting them get on with their daily life in the house and seeing how the dynamics change naturally. Now? They spend their time being told by BB who has said what about who, argue about it and then it happens again.

The amount of outside information is also shocking, not only the chants, but social network opinions and guests coming in. It's not the show it once was at all.

Jay.
04-06-2015, 07:45 PM

this

it's still the same show, it's just changed with the times.

reece(:
04-06-2015, 07:46 PM
The diary room needs to be made private again

Liam-
04-06-2015, 07:47 PM
Things evolve and things change, I personally don't see the big deal.

And you always say that you prefer a house full of drama and arguments, but yet you're given drama and arguments and now it's a different show and you don't like it.

I do agree that some things should probably be tweaked, like the diary room sessions and the outside contact, but honestly, the nominations twists don't bother me, normal nominations bore me and i normally always skip through them whenever they're shown, but to say that it's no longer Big Brother, is imo, a total overreaction.

Denver
04-06-2015, 07:49 PM
I always say if you don't like the show why watch it? There are hundreds of other channels to watch

Daniel.
04-06-2015, 07:53 PM
Things evolve and things change, I personally don't see the big deal.

And you always say that you prefer a house full of drama and arguments, but yet you're given drama and arguments and now it's a different show and you don't like it.

I do agree that some things should probably be tweaked, like the diary room sessions and the outside contact, but honestly, the nominations twists don't bother me, normal nominations bore me and i normally always skip through them whenever they're shown, but to say that it's no longer Big Brother, is imo, a total overreaction.

I'm not actually disliking it, it's enjoyable enough, but imo it's still a shadow of it's former self.

Personally, the constant nomination twists bother me a lot - they were a huge part of the original concept of Big Brother.

I always say if you don't like the show why watch it? There are hundreds of other channels to watch

Where have I said I'm not enjoying it?

Dash Darington
04-06-2015, 07:53 PM
Big Producers

Nailed it. The show is now about the producers.

Withano
04-06-2015, 07:56 PM

It wasn't called big brother because of the rules, it was called big brother because of its similarities to Orwells novel, 1984 (big brother is always watching you). Considering they're all being filmed inside a house, it's still an apt title of the programme despite all the other major changes over the years

Denver
04-06-2015, 07:57 PM
Where have I said I'm not enjoying it?

Well to me if someone is constantly moaning about the show then to me it sound like they don't enjoy it

Daniel.
04-06-2015, 07:58 PM
I haven't 'constantly' moaned though.

Daniel.
04-06-2015, 07:58 PM
It wasn't called big brother because of the rules, it was called big brother because of its similarities to Orwells novel, 1984 (big brother is always watching you). Considering they're all being filmed inside a house, it's still an apt title of the programme despite all the other major changes over the years

Fair enough, but a big part of the TV show is no outside contact as well.

Pete.
04-06-2015, 07:59 PM
Back in the Channel 4 days

reece(:
04-06-2015, 08:00 PM
Back in the Channel 4 days
</3

Withano
04-06-2015, 08:01 PM

That still has no relevance to the title 'big brother' though.. As in the novel.. As long as they keep filming people 'live' big brother is still a very good title imo.

Dash Darington
04-06-2015, 08:09 PM
It's an edited and heavily structured fake-personality contest, which bears no resemblance to 1984 at all.

MB.
04-06-2015, 08:12 PM
I propose 'The Slide'

Denver
04-06-2015, 08:12 PM
It's an edited and heavily structured fake-personality contest, which bears no resemblance to 1984 at all.

It isn't 100% based on the book you know?

Denver
04-06-2015, 08:13 PM
I propose 'The Slide'

Brian Dowling to host?

MB.
04-06-2015, 08:14 PM
(although tbf, shows evolve, it was hardly going to stay the same thing forever. And it isn't as if its current state is a particularly new one either)

uniquedude
04-06-2015, 08:40 PM
From bb1 wikipedia page

"The series revolved around a group of strangers living in a custom built house with no contact with the outside world. Each week, the housemates are required to nominate two people for eviction. The two or more people with the most votes were nominated to leave the House. The viewers then decided which of the nominees should leave, with the selected person leaving during a live show."

I'd say its pretty much the same. Can I ask anyone who watched bb1 was there no outside contact at all or did they have tasks that bring in people like they do now.

T*
04-06-2015, 08:42 PM
vagina penis happy task house producer rig fun time showdown!!

Dash Darington
04-06-2015, 08:44 PM
It isn't 100% based on the book you know?

Nothing I've written would indicate otherwise.

Dash Darington
04-06-2015, 08:46 PM
vagina penis happy task house producer rig fun time showdown!!

Now we're getting somewhere. :laugh: