PDA

View Full Version : Ainslie in Charts at No. 5

Kaz
02-03-2003, 06:23 PM
Story from Ananova

Tatu's four-week reign at the top of the UK single's chart has been ended by Christina Aguilera's new entry, Beautiful.

DJ Sammy pushed the girls' down to number three with his own new entry, The Boys Of The Summer.

Justin Timberlake, who gained plenty of column inches last month for groping Kylie at the Brit awards ceremony, dropped from number two to six, with his ballad, Cry Me A River.

New entries filled the remaining top five slots; Junior Senior's Move Your Feet was at number four and Ainslie Henderson was at number five with Keep Me A Secret.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Should he be disappointed by this? After all, David was No. 1, and Sinead No. 2.

I don't really think he should - the charts are all over the place just now, with very little in the way of singles sales. No. 5 is still a very respectable achievement - both Gareth's and Darius's last singles reached the same position, so he's in good company.

I do love Christina's song though. :thumbs:

Janette
02-03-2003, 07:35 PM
I take it his single isn't the accoustic version?

If it was, it wouldn't even get into the top 20!!!!!!!

Fingers crossed his next attempt is better.

:thumbs:

em
02-03-2003, 07:40 PM
i think thats fantastci for him! its about 2 months since he left FA and the programme finished and he was only #174 in airplay of 200.

Congrats Ains!!:hugesmile:

Romantic Old Bird
02-03-2003, 10:38 PM
I am happy for him, well done. Wish it had been a little higher, but I think he will make it big. He's not a 'singles' artist really. Good luck Ainslie!

LEE
03-03-2003, 07:38 AM
I've always liked Keep me a Secret and I'm glad he's done well.

No 5 may not seem brilliant, but there is some very stiff competition out there at the moment and I think he's done just fine.

peachy
03-03-2003, 03:02 PM
I think he's done really, really well. This was a track which had already been on the FA album, so many fans of the show would already have it. It was not on the Radio One playlist either and was up against much more competition than either David or Sinead's singles, so well done Ainslie, I hope that he will have a great future, and well done Sinead and Malachi for helping to write a really good song. :xyxwave:

Di2001
03-03-2003, 06:14 PM
Ainslie at No. 5 - "that's not too shabby" (to steal a quote from David Sneddon!).

He may rise a few places next week, you never know.

:dazzler::dazzler::dazzler::dazzler:

LEE
03-03-2003, 06:38 PM
He may rise a few places next week, you never know
There is quite a lot of new competition next week.

Eminem is releasing 'Sing for the Moment', Nelly/Justin Temiberlake 'Work it', Dannie Minogie 'Begin to Wonder' plus of course DARIUS

I think it is going to be a tough week for both of them.

I'm glad Ainslie got to number 5, I do like him and the song, but I so hope Incredible does well as well.

BigSister
07-03-2003, 08:34 PM
Well done Ainselle

Number 5 is good

:elephant::elephant::elephant::elephant:

Kaz
09-03-2003, 08:24 PM
. . . . but I so hope Incredible does well as well.

Extracted this snippet from an article on today's new chart HERE (http://www.ananova.com/entertainment/story/sm_758779.html?menu=entertainment.latestheadlines) .
Meanwhile, Darius' new hit Incredible (What I Meant To Say) arrived in the charts at number nine.

I think this probably has quite a lot to do with the fact that 'Incredible' is another track from Darius's album, and most of his fans won't have bought the single because they already have that song.

What do other Darius fans think?

Di2001
09-03-2003, 08:32 PM
Ainslie down to number 11 :bawling:

I hope he's not too disappointed.

LEE
09-03-2003, 10:19 PM
I agree Kaz, about it being an album track I mean.

Over on Devotees we're quite happy with it getting into the top 10, of course it would have been nice if it was higher, but the sales of 'Dive In' (the album) have actually gone up sharply this week since Incredible was released and that's good. Most artists who release a 3rd or 4th track from an established album don't make top 5.

It's a shame more people didn't buy it as there are two breathtaking tracks on it as B Sides that aren't on the album.

If anyone would like a taster

CLICK HERE to download 'FRAGILE' (http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forum/Sounds/Fragile.rmj)

This is the one I posted the lyrics to up on the other thread.