PDA

View Full Version : Big Brother Cliches

Jason.
08-06-2015, 06:55 PM
Any cliches from housemates, BOTS guests and presenters or FMs qualify.

I'll start:

ITS OFFICIAL: BB is dead!
According to DS and TiBB, BB has been officially dead from about week 3 of every series & yet here we still are.

Showing his/her true colours.
This one annoys me the most.
I don't know about you guys but my colours change all the time. Why is the negative behaviour always held to be the hidden true colours?

So and So are Fake!
Pretty much the catchphrase of all insults nowadays on BB.

If a male and female HM exchange more than two words in a pleasant manner people start fearing over a fauxmance.

Jamesy
08-06-2015, 07:02 PM
If it was a man that did that

If it was a woman that did that

If it was a gay that did that

If it was a straight that did that

Basically any opposite examples FMs do on any forum when a housemate does something bad or gets ejected.

While I'm guilty of doing it myself, I do find it quite irritating when people try to create an imaginary scenario that would obviously be different and even then they're making it up as no one knows how something would play out with an opposite person.

Jason.
08-06-2015, 07:04 PM
If it was a man that did that

If it was a woman that did that

If it was a gay that did that

If it was a straight that did that

Basically any opposite examples FMs do on any forum when a housemate does something bad or gets ejected.

While I'm guilty of doing it myself, I do find it quite irritating when people try to create an imaginary scenario that would obviously be different and even then they're making it up as no one knows how something would play out with an opposite person.

Aaron's ejection teas.

Lostie!
08-06-2015, 07:05 PM
"They're playing a game".

This is surely said in that house every single series nowadays, and it drives me up the wall.

Jamesy
08-06-2015, 07:06 PM
Aaron's ejection teas.

:hehe:

Jason.
08-06-2015, 07:06 PM
"They're playing a game".

This is surely said in that house every single series nowadays, and it drives me up the wall.

That one is one of my pet peeves too.
Big Brother is a game show, and your in it. Therefore, everyone is playing the game.

Jason.
08-06-2015, 07:07 PM
"Mask slipping"

When a HM dares to show more than one facet of their personality or actually gets annoyed for once.

Lostie!
08-06-2015, 07:08 PM
That one is one of my pet peeves too.
Big Brother is a game show, and your in it. Therefore, everyone is playing the game.

Exactly. It also annoys me because of how utterly generic it is. "Playing a game" ... okay, any specifics? It's just an irritating buzz-phrase that people pull out when they want to bitch about someone in there tbh.

I remember Jack nominating Jade for "being fake and playing a game". The most cliched nomination I can remember.

Liam-
08-06-2015, 07:10 PM
'I'm not in here to win'

Bitch, if you didn't want to win, you wouldn't have entered, stop talking crap.

Jason.
08-06-2015, 07:14 PM
The use of the word "vile" to describe a housemate you don't like, when realistically it's not like they have killed or raped anyone.

I'm guilty of this one, TBH.

Lostie!
08-06-2015, 07:17 PM
I'm glad you mentioned "true colors / mask slipping", it always irks me too. It's like housemates are expected to display just one personality trait the entire time.

I do think it's applicable in certain situations, but definitely not to the extent that it's used.

Ramsay
08-06-2015, 07:17 PM
"I'm on a journey"

**** off :joker:

Jason.
08-06-2015, 07:21 PM
"Telling it like it is"
"I'm honest"
"Keeping things real"

All three are code for "I am just a bitch, who will say what I want and be nasty, cynical, and confrontational, regardless of people's feelings, and that makes me a better person, in doing so.

Macie Lightfoot
08-06-2015, 07:44 PM
Some of these have already been touched upon but I'm gonna list anything I can think of

-Masks slipping (thank you DigitalSpy)
-True colors showing
-Playing the game
-the idea that it's bad to want to win/want the money (Siavash at the end of BB10)
-sitting on the fence
-the idea that being nice and ordinary and not having a personality disorder means that you're being fake (Rachel Rice)
-the idea that telling it how it is all day every day is better than being two-faced (the Helen Wood complex, as I like to call it. Like, I don't want to be gossiped about but I certainly do not want to be yelled at and called a **** and whatever else for literal hours)

Daniel.
08-06-2015, 07:46 PM
"I don't mind being evicted"

Apart from a few times, this is bull****.

Pete.
09-06-2015, 08:53 AM
The use of the word "vile" to describe a housemate you don't like, when realistically it's not like they have killed or raped anyone.

I'm guilty of this one, TBH.
Same oop