PDA

View Full Version : Celebrity Fame Academy -v- Reborn in the USA

Kaz
03-03-2003, 08:21 PM
Found THIS ARTICLE (http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,5-2003100279,00.html) in today's Sun Online which they quite unkindly subtitle 'Wannabes -v- Hasbeens'.

I have to say that, from my point of view, I'm looking forward far more to Celebrity Fame Academy (something to do with David Ginola perhaps! :blush:).

I find the 'Reborn in the USA' concept quite sad somehow. :bawling:

What do you think?

Amy
03-03-2003, 08:24 PM
Roll on friday 9pm BBC1 :thumbs: Celeb FA it has to be for me :hello:

Janette
03-03-2003, 10:05 PM
I will definitely be watching Celebrity Fame Academy. It should be a great laugh.

Reborn in the USA is a very sad concept. The people weren't good enough the first time round so why would we be interested now?

:thumbs:

susieq
03-03-2003, 10:16 PM
The people weren't good enough the first time round

I know what you mean Janette. 'Dollar' - perleeaase. I wouldn't want to see them if they turned up on my doorstep!!!

Having said that, Tony Hadley had a great voice and I think it's SO sad he's joined this motley crew.

Janette
03-03-2003, 10:20 PM
I agree!

I was a huge fan of Spandau Ballet, especially Tony Hadley. I just do not understand why he has signed up for this stupid stunt. He's much better than this!

If he or the group announced that they were going to do a tour of the country, I bet the halls would be packed! I can't say that about the rest of the bunch of saddos!

:nono:

BigSister
07-03-2003, 08:31 PM
I would say Celeb Fa

Roll on Friday

:elephant::elephant::elephant::elephant:

Boris
07-03-2003, 09:31 PM
Have just watched the 'motley crew'. There were a couple who definately did not disgrace themselves but several that did !!!I would enjoy Ruby wax and Jo Brand whatever they did but tho' neither of them are singers they 'perform' and that is what this show is all about after all. As before I disagreed with dear Richard several times ! I wonder about the rest of you . I look forward to seeing who goes. I know who I think should go.
We will see.

James
07-03-2003, 09:46 PM
Jo Brand was definitely the worst singer. The public might keep her in for entertainment value though.

Kwame was the best. Oh, and does any one else think that Will Mellor looks like Jonny Regan?

Janette
07-03-2003, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by James
Oh, and does any one else think that Will Mellor looks like Jonny Regan?

Dunno, but he's pretty hot!

:hugesmile:

Mairi
07-03-2003, 10:26 PM
I agree with you, James, about Kwame being the best singer although I really enjoyed Will's performance. Oh and yes, I DID think that Will looked like Jonny Regan. In fact, at one point, on the staircase, I thought he WAS Jonny Regan.

:laugh:

blinkinlovely
07-03-2003, 10:47 PM
So where was David ginola?????? Liked WIll .. thought it a bit unfair that Kwame is taking part, given that he has sung in musicals and all.

Ruby!, Ruby!...:sleep::colour::flower::laugh::mad::nono:: joker::shocked::blush::cat::hello::dance::elephant ::devil::wavey:

(mixed emotions!)

Amy
08-03-2003, 08:24 AM
For entertainment value Ruby was the best :laugh:
The worst in my view was Jo Brand :shocked:
The Live streaming is very good :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

splodge0
08-03-2003, 08:31 AM
Has any one seen Jo Brand since the show?????:conf::conf:

Not that I mind if she doesn't reappear....:colour:

:colour::colour::colour:
:colour::colour:
:colour:

Amy
08-03-2003, 08:34 AM
She goes home in the evenings i think it's because she's just had another baby :conf: as you say no loss really, i did'nt even notice she'd gone last night :blush:

splodge0
08-03-2003, 08:39 AM
I fell about!! I assumed she wqas being a bit "precious" and not playing with the rest of them. She wasn't in evidence during the warm up. Oh boy!! They have just announced Kevin's session!!! LOL

All together now.....:elephant::elephant:...( Ruby and Jo ...... IF she arrives!!!)

:colour::colour::colour::colour::colour:

Boris
08-03-2003, 11:29 AM
Must go a 'check it out' I didn't realise we were getiing a live link like the 'real FA !'

Bye now people to watch :xyxwave::xyxwave::xyxwave:

LEE
08-03-2003, 05:42 PM
I've just found THIS ARTICLE (http://www.thisisthenortheast.co.uk/the_north_east/features/FEATURES1.html) which, even though it is about 'Reborn in the USA', also talks quite a lot abuot Celebrity Big Brother.

Mairi
08-03-2003, 08:20 PM
Well, I thoroughly enjoyed the show tonight. Sorry about Fearne having to go but she WAS terribly flat. We'll miss you, Fearne, and your cute "glove" socks.

I thought Kwame sang "3 Times A Lady" beautifully on tonight's show. I may be a little biased, though, as it just happens to be one of my very favourite songs. Ulrika gave a great performance too with her version of "You're So Vain".

I'm going to stick up for Jo Brand, here. She's no singer but she's giving it her all and good for her, I say.

I am SO enjoying this Celebrity version. I am still keeping my fingers and toes crossed that there will be a second Fame Academy later this year, pleeeeeeeeease BBC.

:wavey::dazzler::hello::laugh::

BigSister
08-03-2003, 08:24 PM
I thought tonight was good and that Joe Brand is giving it all and I say good for Her, Ruby too and anyone else who arent a partically good singer
Im not really surprised with the people on probation and it could be intresting to see who goes
And I really want a FA 2 but I dont think its going to happen :bawling:

em
08-03-2003, 08:25 PM
i love Ruby! shes so funny! shes like a little hyperactive pixie! lmao@ Jo when she "fainted" to the news of being on probation! aww!

quite glad Fearne went actually. she seemed like the most boring of the 3 anyway. Doon and Jo are good entertainment and Doon does have a good voice. Fearne was all nice and let me please everyone and i want to be the cute one in the academy.

love this show!!!:bouncy:

Janette
09-03-2003, 01:07 PM
WHY IS WILL ON PROBATION??????????????

:nono::nono::nono::nono::nono:

Kaz
09-03-2003, 01:19 PM
Not sure, Janette!

Possibly for 'over-cooking' his version of Mustang Sally - a bit too many grunts and 'uhh's in it for my taste . . . . .

. . . . . but possibly also to get the public voting in their thousands to save him! :laugh:

I enjoyed last night's show - Ulrika and Doon were much better this time. Kwame has a fantastic voice, but that doesn't necessarily mean he'll win - it depends whether the public are voting on voices or personalities, doesn't it.

I totally agree with you, em - Jo's collapse when she was put on probation was hysterical! I've voted for Jo the last couple of nights - she maybe hasn't got the best voice in the world, but she's certainly entertaining me.

Go Jo!!! :hello:

Janette
09-03-2003, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Kaz
Possibly for 'over-cooking' his version of Mustang Sally - a bit too many grunts and 'uhh's in it for my taste . . . . .

He can over-cook and grunt as much as he wants as far as I'm concerned!

:laugh::love::laugh::love::laugh:

em
09-03-2003, 01:48 PM
lol, Will is quite i think, ithink there should of been just 3 on probation but i suppose it might make more ppl vote and so more money raised.

apparantly 7.6m watched the friday show :hugesmile: *has fingers crossed for FA2*

Amy
09-03-2003, 02:36 PM
I really hope Ruby and Jo stay tonight, they are both so funny :spin2: I have a feeling Will may go tonight :conf::shocked::conf:

em
09-03-2003, 03:19 PM
yeah, i ws thinking b4 that it might be close between John and Will tonight actually.hopefully Ruby and Jo will be saved by the public vote, but i think the contestant voting might go

Ulrika -> Will
Kwame -> Will
Jo -> John???
Doon -> John???
Ruby -> John.

BigSister
09-03-2003, 03:37 PM
I think Ruby and Jo will be saved bit It could be Ruby/Will or Jo/Will ir even John

It could be close tonight but I think if Will doesnt win the public vote tonight he could go but I think the public will save him

Its very exciting:hugesmile:

:elephant::elephant::elephant::elephant: