PDA

View Full Version : Davina article - Mail on Sunday

Ig
03-03-2003, 09:37 PM
Did anyone see the article on Davina in the Mail on Sunday magazine?? It was basically a particularly nasty put-down, saying how cr@p she was presenting the Brits, how over-exposed she is etc etc ...

I'm not the biggest Davina fan in the world, I've never really understood why people think she's so fantastic, but this was outrageously vindictive. We're not talking a throwaway comment in a showbiz or gossip column here, this was a full page article on why the girl is a waste of space.:nono:

OK - she may be a little ubiquitous at the moment, but it's hardly her fault that she had to stand in for Matthew Kelly is it??? This was a really mean-spirited piece targeting one person - why do I buy this rag anyway??? :mad: Oh that's right - my hubby likes to laugh at it!! :bouncy:

WILDCHILD
03-03-2003, 09:47 PM
I havent read it yet Ig but Im sure I'll be able to dig it up as my Mum reads it.
It makes me angry how the media can be so cruel. They manage to find faults about the friendliest and funniest people out there, trying to make themselves sound original but its a case of 'heard it all before!'.
I do think Davina has been on a lot of TV lately but lets face it - there isnt a great bunch of tv presenters in the UK at the moment, shes the best at it as shes down to earth and funny.
No doubt people will start to get critical when she returns for BB4 but then they wouldnt like it if someone like Terry Wogan stepped up to present it.
Ooooh, it gets me mad, and to think I would love to be a journalist, I will NEVER get nasty or personal!:mad: