PDA

View Full Version : If You Want Fame Academy.......!

splodge0
04-03-2003, 04:24 PM
"Thanks Kaz. I have just sent my thoughts to the BBC via the Fame Academy site. http://www.bbc.co.uk/feedback/ Hope we all agree......

"I am saddened if the rumour that the Fame Academy is not to be recommisioned is true.
Having applauded the BBC at doing reality tv in a tasteful way that Channel 4 can only dream about, the thought that a Fame Academy MIGHT not happen suggests that the BBC have been cowed be the warped opinion of some of the red tops.
I feel strongly that the BBC should have the courage of their convictions and give us a second season, as the first was, I guess, a trail to see if it was popular. If I had any critism it was that the bulk of the public would have liked MORE coverage, as some forum boards seem to have felt it difficult to get into with such limited primetime coverage.
I look forward to a positive response as I for one would miss the autumn without it.
Regards "

Got to be worth a try.........:colour:

:colour::colour::colour::colour::colour:
:colour::colour::colour::colour:
:colour::colour::colour:
:colour::colour:
:colour:

peachy
04-03-2003, 06:33 PM
I have sent one in too, Splodge. I think it is worth a try although I am afraid that a lot of people on Digital Spy have been sending in similar requests over the last few weeks and, although they have had a very polite reply, the standard reply seems to be along the lines of 'there are no plans to recommission this programme at the present moment'.:xyxwave:

Mairi
04-03-2003, 06:48 PM
I have sent two emails along these lines and haven't even had one reply yet. :bawling:

Maggie
05-03-2003, 12:27 PM
Or maybe one of the other sky channels could pick it up
:colour: :colour: :colour:
:colour: :colour:
:colour:
But please don't change the format and mess it around like Channel 4 keep doing with BigBrother :devil:

James
17-03-2003, 07:47 PM
I read on Digital Spy that there is going to be a 'Where are they now' follow-up show to be broadcast at Easter.

:hugesmile:

splodge0
11-04-2003, 09:51 PM
I'm still wetting myself at the thought of Fame Academy proper being an only child.

I'm not sure about Richard as Headmaster. I wonder if Mark Knopfler (!) could be persuaded...................:bawling::bawling::baw ling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling: :bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:

James
11-04-2003, 11:15 PM
I actually think the show could benefit from a few format tweaks. Nothing too drastic though.

It's been commented, for instance, that the showdown gives centre of attention to the weakest performers.

I'll probably get a lot of flak for this (:laugh:) but for weeks during Fame Academy we were subjected to Katie warbling tunelessly on the live show.

Mairi
11-04-2003, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by James
I'll probably get a lot of flak for this (:laugh:) but for weeks during Fame Academy we were subjected to Katie warbling tunelessly on the live show.

But, James, I LOVED little Katie. :shocked::bawling::shocked::bawling::shocked::bawl ing::shocked::bawling::shocked:

James
11-04-2003, 11:32 PM
I liked her when she was in the Academy, rather than singing at the live show.

And to be fair, she had much less experience of performing than some of the others.

Still think that some others could have stayed in longer than her though.

:hugesmile: