PDA

View Full Version : Reborn in the USA

Kaz
09-03-2003, 01:25 PM
Thought I'd start a new thread for this, to keep it separate from Celebrity FA!

Watched this last night, and was pleasantly surprised. Have to say my favourites were Tony Hadley, Lee John and Elkie Brookes.

I was a bit surprised that Dollar were one of the two potential 'evictees'. I thought they were better than Michelle Gayle.

Sonia, on on the other hand, thoroughly deserved to be - I thought her performance was dire! :shocked:

Hopefully she'll be the one to go. Looking forward to next week! :thumbs:

LEE
09-03-2003, 03:05 PM
I missed the start of this but, thanks to James who reminded me, I did see most of it and quite enjoyed it.

It will be interesting to see who goes next week.

BigSister
09-03-2003, 03:33 PM
Yeah I surprisingly enjoyed this
It will be intresting to see who wins this

:elephant::elephant::elephant::elephant:

Kaz
16-03-2003, 09:46 AM
Only me watching this? :conf:

It was another good show last night - quite a lot about the 'conflict' between Sonia and Dollar. I do think Sonia got a bit of a sympathy vote by quitting the tour and then coming back . . . . and it worked! :spin2: Bye, bye Dollar. :bawling:

I can't believe Elkie Brookes is one of the two facing eviction - she was superb and still has a fantastic voice. Gina G, on the other hand, was flat as a pancake and was clearly the worst last night.

Gina to go! :thumbs:

Romantic Old Bird
16-03-2003, 10:13 AM
Kaz this is so awful, it's fantastic! I feel really sorry for them in a way because it smacks of desperation, but they will probably have the last laugh in terms of bookings etc.

Dollar were HILARIOUS! I was constantly reminded of
http://supollard.org/hiscrapbook3.jpg Barry & Yvonne Stuart-Hargreaves

peachy
16-03-2003, 11:25 AM
Goodness me, I'd completely forgotten about Yvonne and barry Stuart-Hargreaves but that's exactly who they were like, and some of the others were unbelievably old-fashioned and poor. The audience looked utterly bemused by the whole proceedings, the way that Davins was introducing them the American's must think these are the best we have to offer. It was embarrassingly awful, but unmissable in a gruesome sort of way. Tony Hadley and one or two others weren't so bad, but oh dear, the humiliation of those cheap digs and the uncomprehending looks.

Princess Pink Pants
16-03-2003, 01:56 PM
I thought the guy from Dollar was so horrible to Sonia! Her performance last week was a bit scary, but I thought it ws out of order him telling her she really should watch it etc, how mean!

steve_o
16-03-2003, 01:58 PM
Dollar, Barry and Yvonne:laugh: nice one ROB, that really tickled me that. I'm sure they'd love that.:laugh::laugh::dance:

Princess Pink Pants
16-03-2003, 02:08 PM
Who are Barry and Yvonne???!

steve_o
16-03-2003, 02:13 PM
They used to play 2 snobby hasbeen ball room dancers in Hi Di Hi a sitcom about a holiday camp, it's on uk gold now and then. Barry was a bit camp and Yvonne was well Yvonne. They were the master and the mistress of the bitchy put down.:laugh:

:spin:

Maggie
17-03-2003, 10:49 AM
I've never seen this, when is it on :conf:

Romantic Old Bird
17-03-2003, 12:20 PM
It's on Saturday nights on ITV1 at 9pm
and I think last Saturdays is repeated tonight on ITV2 at 9pm.

click here for the gruesome details! (http://www.itv.com/page.asp?partid=357&Referer=)

BigSister
17-03-2003, 05:20 PM
I thought that Gina would be up for uk vote but I was shocked at Elkie
Prediction to go- Gina

LEE
17-03-2003, 05:27 PM
I was surprised by Elkie as well BigSister.

A friend of mine is a close friend of Tony Hadley's so we're watching this to support him.

I agree that quite a lot of them are a bit tacky, but I think Tony's really good. I'm a bit biased though :hugesmile:

Maggie
17-03-2003, 05:35 PM
Thanks ROB :love:, have to set the tape for it each sat, as I can't miss my night out now can I :blush: :elephant: :blush:
How many week's left ? :conf: :spin2: :conf:

Romantic Old Bird
17-03-2003, 05:58 PM
I'm not sure how many weeks are left d/l, but so far we have lost one sad type (Mark Shaw, ex Then Jericho) who picked up a blonde on the plane over, had a row with the others, and went home in a strop before singing a note, and of course the aforementioned Dollar.

That leaves Elkie, Peter Cox, Tony Hadley, Michelle Gayle, Sonia, Gina Gee, Alvin someone and Leee someone!

I think it will be cringeworthy compulsive viewing!

James
17-03-2003, 06:44 PM
Well I missed the second show but I'll defo watch the repeat because I was pleasantly surprised by the first show.

The best singers in this did not drop out of the charts because they lost any of their ability, in fact they've been practising their craft for twenty years some of them.

If you discount the ones who weren't much good in the first place i.e. Sonia who was a Stock, Aitken and Waterman manufactured creation, you're left with a pretty talented bunch. Possibly, on the whole, better than Pop Idol/ Popstars etc.

Kaz
22-03-2003, 10:30 PM
My parting shot .............

Are the Americans completely off their trolleys? :conf: :conf: :conf:

TONY HADLEY and ELKIE BROOKES are the two who are up for eviction this week? Doh? :conf:

Should have been Sonia and Michelle Gayle as far as this jury is concerned!

Sonia is really getting on my nerves! :shocked:

LEE
22-03-2003, 10:32 PM
I agree Kaz, I was talking to a couple of Devotees friends on MSN at the time and we were all saying exactly the same thing.

Sonia was awful and she should def have been up there.

It's a shame either of them has to go, but I think I would prefer if Tony stayed.

BigSister
23-03-2003, 08:14 AM
I didnt watch this but flicked over from Test The Nation to find out
I was kinda glad Gina went but was shocked at Elkie being up for a 2nd week and Tony:shocked:
But I didnt see their performances so I cant really judge them
I dont really want either of them to go but I would like Tony to stay

Romantic Old Bird
23-03-2003, 09:34 AM
The awfulness continues..........

I find myself cringing with embarassment and fascinated in equal measures.

Sonia is GHASTLY. I thought Tony's performance was less than great, but Sonia and Michelle were the weakest. Elikie was strong and I thought she had the audience with her.

Amy
23-03-2003, 09:36 AM
I haven't been watching this show, but i did see a clip of Sonia on stage and it wasn't a pretty sight :shocked:

splodge0
23-03-2003, 10:04 AM
I am soooo glad I never started watching this! Even the trailer looks naf...... :joker:

:colour::colour:
:colour:

DLS
25-03-2003, 12:01 PM
I think Peter Cox is SUPERB. What an amazing voice and depth. If you saw him in Philadelphia, his rendition of "Me and Mrs. Jones" was a joy to listen to. Better even than Billy Paul himself. As an American, I will let you guys in on a little secret, Go West were as big in the states as Duran Duran. So it's no wonder he's received so well.:dazzler::dazzler::dazzler:

Dazza
25-03-2003, 02:59 PM
My Favourite so far has to be Peter Cox
then i like tony
:dance::hello:

Kaz
31-03-2003, 10:16 AM
Thank goodness Tony stayed on Saturday. :hello:

Although it was a crying shame that someone of Elkie's calibre had to go when Sonia's still there!

I thought she was AWFUL yet again, and completely murdered a beautiful song. Fingers crossed she'll finally be on a plane back home next week! :thumbs:

Romantic Old Bird
31-03-2003, 12:49 PM
Let's get rid of Sonia.......she is really starting to annoy me. You are right, she murdered it.:mad:

BigSister
31-03-2003, 02:58 PM
Yeah Tony is still in it (grins)

I hope Sonia goes next week :hugesmile:

LEE
01-04-2003, 12:36 AM
I'm really glad that Tony stayed as well :dance: but I do agree with you Kaz that it is a shame that Elkie had to go.

Sonia has to be out this week though, she is dreaful.

LEE
01-04-2003, 09:52 AM
Ok, time to come clean here. I have friends who are really close friends of Tony and they know Leee as well. Leee has been texting and emailing us and letting us know all the goss that is happening, and if he goes out we'll all be gutted.

EVERYONE VOTE FOR LEEE 09011 155 402

Not to mention the fact that he is almost my namesake so he has to be brilliant :laugh:

ps: I like your new avatar Kaz. :thumbs:

Kaz
01-04-2003, 09:45 PM
Done my public duty and voted for Leee, LEE! :laugh:

It would be more than my eardrums (and my sanity) could stand if Sonia stayed.

As for all this 'inside information' you're getting - be sure and pass it on. What do they all really think about 'Turkey Chops', for example! :thumbs:

P.S. I love my new avatar too. BHLCS. :love:

LEE
01-04-2003, 10:05 PM
Well I haven't heard anything since last Saturday night, but I can tell you that Tone and Leee went out on the town and got VERY drunk that night LOL - that was the night after the show btw cos it gets filmed on Friday nights over there.

http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung/ernaehrung/food-smiley-005.gif hic

btw, did you all know that the final is back over here on the 25th April, and I'm going :hugesmile:

LEE
02-04-2003, 08:08 PM
Well my friend Jeanette got an email off Leee earlier. No juicy gossip I'm afraid be he did say to say 'Thank you' to everyone who's voting for him and Tony added a PS to say the same for last week as well. :hugesmile:

LEE
05-04-2003, 07:43 PM
I already know who's out this evening and who's up for the vote next week.

I thought I'd ask before posting it up though, just incase any of you who are going to be watching it later don't want to know. :hugesmile:

LEE
05-04-2003, 08:16 PM
hehehe, I'm very happy though lol - all the votes paid off this week. :dance:

Gotta keep voting next week though as Leee is up again against Michelle.

LEE
05-04-2003, 09:18 PM
OMG, did you see when Leee was reading his emails - the one on the screen was the one from us - aaaaargh!!!!!

I could see the words 'Jeanette LOL' in really big letters right in the middle of the screen. :shocked:

Amy
05-04-2003, 09:21 PM
Leee was great tonight :thumbs: I really enjoyed the song and i'm enjoying the show :hello:

Kaz
05-04-2003, 10:26 PM
Sonia's gone!! :hello: :hello: :hello:

The bizarre thing is that she was actually quite good - for her- when she sang her country song. Oh well . . . . . never mind! Bye bye, Sonia. :xyxwave:

Tony was great tonight - I thought he was much better than Peter Cox, but the Yanks thought differently.

I would have had Hayden and Michelle as the two up for the public vote, though. Poor Leee - must get back on the phone to keep him in. :thumbs:

LEE
05-04-2003, 10:49 PM
I thought Tony was better than Peter as well, but Tony wasn't happy with his performance at all last night.

I hope Leee stays in next week, I think it was a foregone conclusion that he won against Sonia, but I'm not so sure about Michelle.

Here's hoping. :spin2:

EVERYONE VOTE FOR LEEE 09011 155 402

BigSister
07-04-2003, 04:23 PM
Yeah keep Leee in
I think either Tony, Peter or Leee will win

Amy
07-04-2003, 06:45 PM
Here's a article from Ananova on Sonia (http://www.ananova.com/entertainment/story/sm_768346.html?menu=) :xyxwave:

Amy
09-04-2003, 06:04 AM
PETER COX was last night rushed to hospital in Ohio with heart trouble.

The travelling has-beens on the Reborn In The USA tour were in Cleveland preparing for the next leg of the show when Peter was struck down.

A show spokesman said: “Peter started having an anxiety attack and heart palpitations in his hotel room.

“He has been complaining he hasn’t been able to sleep.”
The former GO WEST frontman was alone in his room when he managed to raise the alarm.

This was in todays Sun newspaper

LEE
09-04-2003, 06:33 AM
Oh that's awful.

I hope he's OK.

I'll try and see what I can find out.

Kaz
09-04-2003, 03:12 PM
Poor Peter - hope it's nothing too serious. It would be terrible if he couldn't continue with the programme.

Let us know if you find anything out, LEE.

All the best, Peter. :love:

BigSister
09-04-2003, 03:22 PM
Get Well soon Peter

I hope he is ok

:colour::colour::colour::colour:

Dazza
09-04-2003, 07:09 PM
Awww poor Peter hope you get well soon :thumbs:

LEE
09-04-2003, 08:26 PM
Good News :hugesmile:

Peter's OK and is definitely has NO intention of dropping out of Reborn :thumbs:

Apparently he did have a panic attack, and was rushed to hospital with suspected heart problems, but after loads of tests he was sent back to the hotel and was in fact up really early this morning with the rest of them filming some live TV.

He said that the whole drama was filmed and should be on the show on Saturday night and apparently even said to the camera when in hospital that it all probably looked a lot worse than it was. :hugesmile:

I'm really pleased about this, cos even though I really want Tone to win, it would have been awful if this had happened because of Peter's health. I'm really hoping that I get to see the pair of them in the final in London.

Amy
09-04-2003, 08:55 PM
That's great news LEE :thumbs: I'm glad he's ok :hello: :xyxwave:

Kaz
09-04-2003, 09:19 PM
Thank goodness for that! :thumbs:

So glad to hear that Peter's OK and able to continue. Must have given everyone a bit of a scare though!

Thanks for letting us know, LEE - it's great that you have contacts. :hello:

Janette
09-04-2003, 09:22 PM
Ah but who is her contact?????????????

:shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked:

Kaz
09-04-2003, 09:40 PM
Posted by LEE
I have friends who are really close friends of Tony and they know Leee as well. Leee has been texting and emailing us and letting us know all the goss that is happening

There you are, Janette - LEE's contact would appear to be, in a roundabout way, Leee! :laugh:

BigSister
10-04-2003, 02:39 PM
That is great news

Im glad Peter is ok:hugesmile:

LEE
10-04-2003, 11:30 PM
We got another email from Leee today, didn't say much, just confirming what I had heard yesterday that Peter was fine and we all had nothing to worry about, and saying that they were all really busy doing lots of filming for US TV over there.

Please help us keep Leee in this week or one of my sources of information will be no more :bawling:

VOTE FOR LEEE 09011 155 402

Kaz
12-04-2003, 10:11 PM
Noooooooooo! :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

Leee's gone. Gutted! Bless him - he was brilliant singing his final song. :love:

I think the right two were voted through tonight, although I would have had Tony first and Peter second. Peter's an excellent singer, but I just don't think his voice has the same depth or quality as Tony's.

I agreed with Michelle and Hayden being up for the public vote. My money's on Hayden to go . . . . . . but all the teeny voters could well prove me wrong! :laugh:

Amy
20-04-2003, 10:14 AM
What a shock last night when Peter went out :shocked: Here's an article from DigitalSpy (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds10954.html) :shocked:

LEE
20-04-2003, 04:28 PM
We were all shocked at Peter's departure as well and Tone, bless him, is gutted. I don't think Peter sang well last night - in fact I thought his second song was awful - but he was still miles ahead of Michelle Gayle, who in my opinion should have been ousted weeks ago.

I really want Tone to win, but also wanted Peter in the final - The Battle of the Voices as mine and Leee's friend Pat had dubbed it. I suppose I should be happy as I don't think Michlelle stands much chance against our Tone but somehow it all left a bitter taste in the mouth.

PLEASE VOTE FOR TONY 09011 155 401 OR TEXT TONY TO 83200

I'm still looking forward to going to the final, but it's not going to be as good as it would have been, and my friend Carmen who is going with me is gutted cos she is a huge Peter Cox fan.

LEE
20-04-2003, 07:40 PM
http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forum/images/images/votefortone.jpg

Amy
20-04-2003, 09:01 PM
Does any one else get the feeling that LEE likes Tony a bit :conf: :conf: :laugh: :laugh:

LEE
20-04-2003, 09:25 PM
Whatever gives you that idea Amy lol

Kaz
20-04-2003, 09:42 PM
HELP!!!

I missed this last night, and wasn't home in time to catch the repeat on ITV2 this morning. :bawling:

What happened?

I gather from LEE's previous post that Tony is in the final :hello: :hello: :hello: :hello:, but can anyone fill in the gaps for me?

I'd be eternally grateful! :thumbs:

:dance: :dazzler: :dance: GO TONY! :dance: :dazzler: :dance:

James
21-04-2003, 01:02 AM
First clip they showed was of Leee saying goodbye to the others, then Peter Cox came on to sing I Drove All Night.

Then they showed a clip of the group on the bus. They were discussing how competitive they all were. Michelle and Tony were having a disagreement about this with Michelle saying she wasn't competing to win and Tony saying he was. It has been suggested that Michelle has a chip on her shoulder. :hugesmile:

Anyway, Tony then sang Mack the Knife. Next clip was of the group meeting at a restaurant, with Tony having a bit of a moan at Haydon being late. Michelle was getting travel-sick because it was a revolving restaurant. It's was their 127th meal together. Cut to interviews of everyone saying their getting tired of each other's company.

Results of the public vote were next. Michelle beat Haydon by only 871 votes. Michelle looked shocked that she stayed but then got to sing Fly Me to the Moon.

Peter then came back to sing Don’t Know Why. He probably made the mistake that cost him his place in the final here because he announced in the middle that he’d forgotten some of the words! He should have covered it up more and no one would have been any the wiser.

Tony then sang That’s Life and then they showed a clip of Tone and Peter, first in a barber’s shop, then out together without Michelle and Haydon, with Tony looking a little worse for wear. :hugesmile:

Michelle came back to sing Say a Little Prayer and then the audience voted for their favourite. Haydon then got to sing Where Do Broken Hearts Go. Peter, Tony and Michelle came back and it was announced that Peter had the least number of votes.

You can see some screenshots of the show here:

:hugesmile:

LEE
21-04-2003, 01:43 AM
James, more screenshots, you are wonderful - I can't tell you how much we have played the vids :hugesmile:

Thanks for doing the write up for Kaz, I was going to, but am not quite sober lol. :spin2:

btw, just in case you I haven't asked you before....

http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forum/images/images/votefortone2.jpg

Just noticed that the pic says Deal instead of Dial. My mad Italian friend Mary did it and I didn't notice last night :blush:

Still you all know what I mean anyway lol :colour:

Kaz
21-04-2003, 10:31 AM
....I was going to, but am not quite sober lol.
Tut, tut. :nono: :laugh: Celebrating, were we?!?!?!?!? :hello:

Many thanks for your excellent write-up James. And the screenshots were amost as good as watching the programme live. Cheers! :thumbs:

Can't quite believe that Peter was voted off last night. What a shocker!! I bet he must be gutted at forgetting his words, poor love. :love:

I'm 100% with you LEE - it HAS to be Tony to win.

:dazzler: :hello: :dazzler:VOTE TONY! :dazzler: :hello: :dazzler:

Amy
21-04-2003, 02:00 PM
Here's the latest on Reborn from Ananova (http://www.ananova.com/entertainment/story/sm_772783.html?menu=) :xyxwave:

hunnybabe
22-04-2003, 10:50 PM
Go MICHELLE !!!! You can do it girl !!!

Kaz
23-04-2003, 01:44 PM
Welcome to TiBB, hunnybabe. :wavey:

I'm afraid I'll be supporting Tony this Saturday, but Michelle has done brilliantly to get to the final. I'm sure it'll be a good show, and I'm really looking forward to it.

Hope you enjoy the forum - we're a friendly bunch! :colour: :spin2: :colour:

Gertcha
12-05-2003, 09:02 AM
Oh that programme was a waste of airtime they should have put on Frank Spencer instead.:spin: