PDA

View Full Version : New 'Murder Mystery' Reality TV Show

Kaz
12-03-2003, 11:40 AM
Story from Ananova

The BBC's next big reality TV show will be an Agatha Christie style whodunnit with a £25,000 cash prize.

The Murder Game will be screened on BBC1 from the spring with 10 amateur sleuths chosen from 10,000 applicants, reports Media Guardian.

The action opens with a murder at a wedding in the fictional village of Blackwater, which leaves nine potential suspects, who are played by actors.

Over the course of eight programmes, the 10 contestants must work together under the supervision of former police detective Bob Taylor to try to solve the murder.

Each episode, the contestants and Taylor vote for two of the investigators to face the Killer's Game, from which only one returns.

The contestants, including a former pole dancer, a dairy farmer, a commercial pilot, a railway maintenance worker, a property developer and a recruitment consultant, were sent on a course at a police training centre in Wakefield to prepare for the show.

"We trained the people and then put them into as real a situation as possible," a BBC spokesman said.

The production of The Murder Game was surrounded by secrecy, with filming taking place in an undisclosed village in Essex

In addition to the main BBC1 series, BBC3 will broadcast a spin-off, The Murder Game: Inside HQ, which will focus on the personal politics among the investigators.

And digital TV viewers will be able to try to solve the mystery themselves by playing along with a BBCi interactive game at home.
Different! :colour:

Might be worth tuning in for, but I don't think you could afford to miss an episode.

What do you think? :spin2:

Romantic Old Bird
12-03-2003, 05:52 PM
I think we already did it in 'the interactive story' and we should sue the beeb for copyright!!:laugh:

Kaz
12-03-2003, 05:58 PM
Yes, you're absolutely right ROB - do you think they have 'spies' browsing the TiBB forum for new ideas? :conf: :shocked:

:laugh:

Maggie
13-03-2003, 11:15 AM
I really like the idea of this one :thumbs: and could get hooked :blush:

As with Fame Academy, there would be some point to this one with plenty to do :laugh: :laugh: hopefully with time for interaction between players, if they lived together while the show is being made, but not so much bordem, as with BB, that is the only drawn back with BB, you can see it more when you watch it on interactive, the days can drag and they end up sleeping more and more, so as to the other thread about things you'd like for BB4 More PROPER TASKS as well, sorry wrong thread :blush:

Kazisme
27-03-2003, 09:23 PM
I saw this advertised for this Saturday and am looking forward to it too :colour:

It is on BBC 1 at 9:15pm followed on BBC3 at 10:15pm then behind the scenes at 11:45pm, i hope it is on all day like Fame Academy too, anyone know yet if this is the case ?
I like most crime programmes like CIS, Boomtown, Law And Order etc as well as our homegrown cops shows too so this could be right up my street, not that i stand a chance of solving it but i will watch with interest :laugh:

LEE
28-03-2003, 05:37 PM
I'm looking forward to this as well. :thumbs:

Don't know much information about it at the mo. I haven't heard that there is an interactive bit like with FA, but you never know. Not that I'd be able to get it if there was. Damned NTL :mad:

BigSister
28-03-2003, 06:45 PM
Im going to watch this as well:thumbs:

:colour::colour::colour::colour:

Kazisme
30-03-2003, 06:15 PM
Yay i enjoyed it:thumbs: and watched the BBC 3 prog after too.
It is interactive and i was able to put up details of the case, clues, suspects and info on the investigators, etc, there is also a message board.
I have Telewest Digital downstairs and Freeview upstairs and found that Telewest as usual are not up to scratch :mad:
I couldn't read the messages through TW but later in bed i read them through freeview and have to say some were very amusing :laugh:
I have no idea who killed her yet as i think it is too early to work out who is the killer :shocked:
I also read the Digital Spy forums and apparently the BBC cocked up and there were links to the next 2 episodes which they have now taken down :blush:
I can't wait for Richard to lose his leadership and i am sure the *dead* Christine will have her revenge and choose someone other than him :spin2:
Apart from a bit of crappy acting, i think this could be a hit and i can't wait till next week :bouncy::thumbs:
Oh and i also liked Mel and hope she gets fars as i am sure some of them think being an ex pole dancer and blonde, that she will fail, go Mel :hello:

LEE
30-03-2003, 06:43 PM
I was out partying in Barnet last night so I didn't see it.

Is there going to be a repeat on BBC Three do you know?

Kazisme
30-03-2003, 06:50 PM
I have looked to see if it is back on again but it appears to be only on a Saturday , if there is a repeat i'll be sure to let you know :thumbs:

Mairi
30-03-2003, 07:15 PM
It was extremely enjoyable and very "real". I can't wait until next week either!!

:colour:

Amy
30-03-2003, 07:20 PM
Just seen this thread too about the show, so it's double good :thumbs: Roll on the next episode :thumbs:

Stu xxx
30-03-2003, 07:58 PM
What the HELL was going on with Christines lips!!!!!!!!!! I didn't think it could get worse than Carolines in BB1 but it has MUCH worse! She is the only one who has commited the crime in the town!

Amy
30-03-2003, 08:05 PM
What the HELL was going on with Christines lips!!!!!!!!!!

That's quite funny really as my Mum asked the same thing last night :laugh:

BigSister
31-03-2003, 02:32 PM
I really liked this show
I dont really know who murdered her but I had a look on the interactive bit
:elephant::elephant::elephant::elephant:

finch
18-04-2003, 11:47 PM
I think I know, and want to say it womewhere without spoiling - is there a spoiler function?

Amy
19-04-2003, 04:12 PM
Here's the BBC website for the show :thumbs: http://www.bbc.co.uk/murdergame/ :wavey:

BigSister
28-04-2003, 06:56 PM
Just commenting on last 2 weeks
I think now its either Mrs Wimmington or Trevor.
Meryl got killed this week and Andrew came back
What do you think:thumbs:

Mairi
28-04-2003, 07:48 PM
I think it's absolutely brilliant, extremely scary and VERY bloodthirsty and I'm enjoying every minute of it.

:hello:

Janette
28-04-2003, 08:57 PM
I've got it sussed!

:thumbs:

Just ask Mairi or Rachb or Amy!

(but I'm not going to tell everyone, I'll just give you two words - GOLD DIGGER!)

peachy
29-04-2003, 02:15 PM
I've been following this too. It has been good, hasn't it? Poor Andrew has had a terrible time. He keeps having to do the killer's game and keeps coming back. I'm sure he'd much rather lose, poor devil. He's scared witless. Richard is appalling. I think I'd have probably murdered the arrogant so-and-so by now. As for Mel well, she's playing the game alright, flirting with Rory or Ruari (or however his Irish name is spelt) and generally doing whatever she can to stay in. I hope she wins although 'she's no better than she ought to be' as my mother would have said.
As for the killer, I really don't give a stuff. It's the interaction between the 'investigators' that I've enjoyed. I'll have a think about it and see if I can decide. Goldigger eh, Janette, I'll think about that. Mmmmm?????

Romantic Old Bird
29-04-2003, 04:56 PM
Peachy, you are right as usual, Richard is an absolute :mad: I really feel it is high time someone T****ED the arrogant little ****!

Poor old Merrill, I thought she was doing well, and certainly did more than her fair share of grave digging whilst the strong young bloke looked on.

Andrew did annoy me at first, but I can't help but admire his tenacity in the killer's game. I am a bit confused though. Do they actively have to do something to stay 'Alive', or is it just down to the location?

I think Andrew is quite traumatised by it all, poor chap.

The black guy, can't remember his name was a bit of a useless tool as a leader, and I thought he would have been better.

Raurhi?Rory is just having a laugh, surely!

Mel is very annoying (will someone tell her that the overplucked surprised eyebrow is so not a good look?)

Then there is that tall serious blond bloke. Don't know what to make of him.

Is that all of them that are left?

Don't know or care who did the deed, and don't care who wins, bar Mr Arrogant.

Good viewing though!

Mairi
29-04-2003, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Romantic Old Bird
I am a bit confused though. Do they actively have to do something to stay 'Alive', or is it just down to the location?

The two who play the killer's game each pick an envelope. The murderer is at one of the locations. Not even the police inspector knows!! So they have a 50/50 chance of being killed.

Andrew has been really lucky to survive each time and, as you say ROB, he has become very traumatised by the whole thing.

Merril was my favourite from Day 1 and I'm really sad she "died" this week especially as "Rory" only nominated her because he felt she had a chance of winning the £25,000.

Now that she has left the game, I'm actually hoping that Andrew wins. He is certainly no detective but I just find him SO likeable. And, of course, he doesn't think he stands an earthly, bhlcs.

:spin2::spin2::spin2:

BigSister
29-04-2003, 07:18 PM
I hope so too Mairi. :hugesmile:

Stu xxx
29-04-2003, 08:48 PM
I want that young girl to win she just seems very nice and i think she is really good at the game xxx

finch
30-04-2003, 10:18 PM
so who else was wrong when they thought it was the vicars wife

Stu xxx
30-04-2003, 10:20 PM
what happended to the vicars wife i missed the last episode????????? xxx

finch
02-05-2003, 10:32 PM
she was taken from her house while andrew was there and murdered

BigSister
04-05-2003, 12:02 PM
Last night I think now that either Jay or Trevor is the murderer
Who do you think is the kidnapper?
And also I cant wait for next week the tension is going to be unberable:hugesmile:

Mairi
04-05-2003, 01:45 PM
Only two weeks to go and I've still no idea who the murderer is.

I don't think I'd make a very good detective!!

:spin2::spin2::spin2:

BigSister
11-05-2003, 02:22 PM
Last night
Jennifer was cleared as being the murderer
Richard left:hugesmile:(Got elimated)
And Jays dad is also Catherines dad

What do you think?

Janette
11-05-2003, 02:40 PM
I stand by my previous statement, I know who did it and why, and Amy, Mairi and Rachb can vouch for me!

Mairi
11-05-2003, 03:17 PM
I know who you think it is, Janette but, on account of the fact that we're being lead towards Jay, I'm going to plump for Trevor!!

I'm still hoping that Andrew wins.

:colour::hello::colour::hello::colour:

Amy
17-05-2003, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Janette
I stand by my previous statement, I know who did it and why, and Amy, Mairi and Rachb can vouch for me!

Tonight's the night to see if your right Janette :thumbs:

Janette
17-05-2003, 10:09 PM
Looking forward to it Amy!!!

Amy
17-05-2003, 11:48 PM
So now we know it was TREVOR DOBIE!!! :shocked: :shocked: I honestly didn't think it was him :shocked:

Janette
18-05-2003, 12:13 AM
I was wrong and I admit it, I thought it was Goldie!

But I don't care that I was wrong, that was the most fascinating, enthralling and exciting piece of television I have ever seen!

If BBC ever do another of these programmes I recommend it to everyone!

BRILLIANT!!!!

Amy
18-05-2003, 12:21 AM
I have to agree with you Janette it was
BRILLIANT :thumbs:

Romantic Old Bird
18-05-2003, 08:18 AM
Andrew won! Perhaps the meek shall inherit the earth after all............:laugh:

peachy
18-05-2003, 10:03 AM
I was so chuffed that Andrew won it. If anyone deserved that prize it was him.

Just off on a short break with my husband who's having a big birthday today. See you all on Wednesday, if we don't get washed away with all the rain that's forecast. :xyxwave:

BigSister
18-05-2003, 10:29 AM
I was pleased that Andrew won
I thought it was Trevor all along
And if they do a sequel i will be watching it:thumbs:

Mairi
18-05-2003, 12:48 PM
I did guess that it was Trevor and I'm rather pleased with myself. :laugh:

I'm also delighted that Andrew won as I've been rooting for him all along. What a nice man he is.

The star of the show, for me anyway, was the lovely police inspector (now retired). I'm sure he was much respected by everyone who worked for him.

I hope they do another series. Absolutely wonderful, totally unmissable TV.

BusyBee
22-05-2003, 03:04 PM
Thank you all so much for letting me know who done it and who won. I was feeling poorly at the week-end with a bad migraine and none of my lot thought to watch the progamme so I'd know who done it.

I knew I could rely on you lot.

WELL DONE.

finch
29-05-2003, 09:38 PM
I was disappointed with the ending b/c mel should have won.

the motive i thought was class.
Although some of the killer clues did p0oint to him, but I think it cud have Jay

The actor Jay is in a new ad for Marks and sparks