PDA

View Full Version : Did you like sports day?

Daniel-X
08-07-2015, 06:42 PM
It was my sports day today at school and I've got to say I'm happy it's my last ever one even though I was only helping out. I just find it so boring and my school does enough for people with sport considering usually at least one person from each year group goes on to play rugby professionally for Wigan Warriors when they're older. Loads of people say it's good because if you're not doing events you can just have a day talking with you're friends but I still really dislike it and plus at my school you have to do form rely and tug of war.

I was helping out handing medals out this year though so it wasn't too bad but it was still a drag. Did anyone else feel the same as me?

Jack_
08-07-2015, 06:44 PM
I didn't in middle school (our tiering system used to be different, so I'm talking Y5-Y8) because I had to take part, but when it became two hours of sitting on the field next to the track in the sun doing **** all in high school, I loved it :love:

I'd probably willingly take part now though tbh, I just wasn't into sport as a kid

Daniel-X
08-07-2015, 06:45 PM
I didn't in middle school (our tiering system used to be different, so I'm talking Y5-Y8) because I had to take part, but when it became two hours of sitting on the field next to the track in the sun doing **** all in high school, I loved it :love:

I'd probably willingly take part now though tbh, I just wasn't into sport as a kid

I hate it just sitting there tbh because you have to sit in your forms and I'm not that friendly with anybody in my form really and I was going to move but I wasn't allowed because my head of year said it was pointless as I would be prefecting every form time next year anyway

Jack_
08-07-2015, 06:46 PM
Oh that's ****, I can understand why you don't like it then! We basically just didn't have last lesson and from lunch onwards made our way down to the field and sat with friends :laugh:

Daniel-X
08-07-2015, 06:49 PM
Oh that's ****, I can understand why you don't like it then! We basically just didn't have last lesson and from lunch onwards made our way down to the field and sat with friends :laugh:

This year wasn't too bad because I was asked to help out and some of my friends were also

Lostie!
08-07-2015, 06:50 PM
Yep, I did. I liked it at primary school because it was just a day of fun (I've never been big into sports but it wasn't like we were playing football or anything, just races and stuff), and in high school I liked it because involvement in the events was voluntary so I always just sat on the field with my friends and chilled out. :laugh:

I hated PE though.

Raph
08-07-2015, 06:55 PM
Yes!!! LOVED it!

My favorite day of the year and PE was my favorite class ever. I would always get so pissed off at the girls that would skip PE :mad:

Jack_
08-07-2015, 06:56 PM
Oh God PE, now that was an abomination

apart from cross country

LukeB
08-07-2015, 06:57 PM
Yeah i liked it, we had 2 at Primary School

one at a sports Stadium (people have to get picked for that)
and a normal one

Natalie.
08-07-2015, 06:58 PM
Only had it in primary school and I didn't like it.

Lostie!
08-07-2015, 07:00 PM
Oh God PE, now that was an abomination

apart from cross country

Oh yeah, that was the one PE activity I enjoyed. :joker:

I hated it when we had football and the meatheads took it so seriously. I'm just thinking "Chill the **** out, you're not in the Premier League yet". :hmph:

MB.
08-07-2015, 07:16 PM
Well I think the most difficult event I ever had to take part in was welly-throwing so... I guess

Samuel.
08-07-2015, 07:29 PM
Having to perform athletics in front of hundreds of people being an obese kid with confidence issues it was horrible.

Jay.
08-07-2015, 07:33 PM
i loved it in primary because i always won but then in secondary i just couldn't be bothered and always managed to somehow break my leg/back/foot 2 days before being forced to participate in the relay race </3

Jason.
08-07-2015, 07:36 PM
I liked Sports Day at school. Both Primary and Secondary.

However, I much preferred Primary School Sports Day's, as they were usually like an hour of fun with easy activities, like walking on a bench which has been tilted to one side, and dribbling a football in cones, sack race, etc. And there would be an orange juice station like every 4 activities, and you'd move around till you've reached the end and had completed all activities. :flutter:

With secondary School Sport's Day, we only had it from Year 7-10, and we'd just spend the whole day sitting in Copthall Stadium, with your form group and the whole school, waiting for your activity. And each form would be a country, and had to wear their countries colours etc. It was okay, but it was quite long, and it wasn't in school, so we had to make our own way there and back home, and it was for the entire day, rather than the one hour at Primary School.
We also had to do our activities in front of the whole school during secondary school. Which wasn't bad as there would be like 30 other people doing the same activity. I loved the 200m races. I always won. :)

I agree with Lostie!, I hated PE. I loved sports, but PE was dreadful.
I remember bunking PE at times, and hanging out in the Library instead during Year 10-11. :hehe:

Firewire
08-07-2015, 07:37 PM
I'm not a fan of sports but loved it in primary because it was more games (like egg and spoon). It was always a good day. I didn't partake in high school.

Liam-
08-07-2015, 07:39 PM
Lmao no, I mitched PE every week apart from when we did golf, badminton and rugby, I hated the rest of it so the class could do one.

Jason.
08-07-2015, 07:41 PM
Lmao no, I mitched PE every week apart from when we did golf, badminton and rugby, I hated the rest of it so the class could do one.

Your school did golf? Da fuq.

LukeB
08-07-2015, 07:41 PM
Yeah i liked it, we had 2 at Primary School

one at a sports Stadium (people have to get picked for that)
and a normal one

also I didn't do sports day in Secondary school because you have to be picked to do it at the sports Stadium, well i got picked for running once but I was ill that day

Jason.
08-07-2015, 07:44 PM
Bunking PE, and sneaking out of school to go to the news agents and buy sweets. Did anyone else do this? :hehe:

Liam-
08-07-2015, 07:50 PM
Your school did golf? Da fuq.

Yeach, in year 11 we got seperated into four groups and there were four 'sports' to choose from and you could do one 'sport' for a quarter of the school year, rugby, football, golf and badminton, I mitched football for the entire thing and just did the other three :hehe:

Jason.
08-07-2015, 07:54 PM
Yeach, in year 11 we got seperated into four groups and there were four 'sports' to choose from and you could do one 'sport' for a quarter of the school year, rugby, football, golf and badminton, I mitched football for the entire thing and just did the other three :hehe:

OMFG, we had that too.

I remember doing Badminton from September-December, Trampolining from January-April. After April our PE lessons were messy, as we had lots of days off, and GCSE study leave got in the way, and people just couldn't be arsed with it anymore. :joker:

So we did rounders, for the last few PE lessons, but I bunked. Cause rounders sucked.

Will.
08-07-2015, 07:57 PM
I'd rather cut my arm off and eat than play in sports day

Lostie!
08-07-2015, 08:06 PM
Bunking PE, and sneaking out of school to go to the news agents and buy sweets. Did anyone else do this? :hehe:

I didn't sneak out of school, but there was a few times that I skipped PE and sort of hid around the corner in the yard. :laugh:

But one of the PE teachers obviously realised that I just hated it at some point because he eventually let me out of PE to do errands for him around the school (taking the register back to reception, sending messages to other teachers, etc). :cool:

It was so humiliating though, there was one time I wasn't picked for a team and THE ****ING TEACHER DIDN'T EVEN NOTICE!! I was just still stood there and someone had to point out that I hadn't been picked. :facepalm:

This was a different teacher. I obviously preferred the other one. :laugh:

LeatherTrumpet
08-07-2015, 08:11 PM
I think I just went home for a fag when things like that were on, or went up to the town to shoplift

:idc:

reece(:
08-07-2015, 08:12 PM
My favorite day of the year and PE was my favorite class ever. I would always get so pissed off at the girls that would skip PE :mad:
Me shade for skipping it to go gossip with the gals?

reece(:
08-07-2015, 08:13 PM
I didn't do PE in Yr 11:hehe:

Liam-
08-07-2015, 08:14 PM
OMFG, we had that too.

I remember doing Badminton from September-December, Trampolining from January-April. After April our PE lessons were messy, as we had lots of days off, and GCSE study leave got in the way, and people just couldn't be arsed with it anymore. :joker:

So we did rounders, for the last few PE lessons, but I bunked. Cause rounders sucked.

Rounders is AMAZING know yourself

I think I just went home for a fag when things like that were on, or went up to the town to shoplift

:idc:

What was his name? :fan:

LeatherTrumpet
08-07-2015, 08:15 PM
What was his name? :fan:

http://www.palgrave-journals.com/sub/journal/v5/n4/images/sub20128i1.jpg

Jason.
08-07-2015, 08:15 PM
Rounders is AMAZING know yourself

No it was not. I kept getting my team out, and running outside the circle. :joker:

LeatherTrumpet
08-07-2015, 08:17 PM
can i add that i hated the small LTs sports days and now dont go - like this year for example

I am not missing work to sit on a grassy bank with all the plump mums talking sh1t :nono:

Jason.
08-07-2015, 08:17 PM
It was so humiliating though, there was one time I wasn't picked for a team and THE ****ING TEACHER DIDN'T EVEN NOTICE!! I was just still stood there and someone had to point out that I hadn't been picked. :facepalm:

That sounds awful.

Liam-
08-07-2015, 08:18 PM
No it was not. I kept getting my team out, and running outside the circle. :joker:

Oh, so you're one of those people who say something is bad if you're not good at it? :hehe:

Pete.
08-07-2015, 08:20 PM
Yes I hated it but I never had to do it from Year 7 onwards http://exhalecdn.breatheheavy.com/public/style_emoticons/default/gimmemoar.gif

Pete.
08-07-2015, 08:21 PM
Me shade for skipping it to go gossip with the gals?

Lmao slay

Jason.
08-07-2015, 08:21 PM
Oh, so you're one of those people who say something is bad if you're not good at it? :hehe:

:joker: No. I found it quite dull too.
You would wait like 10 minutes to bat, and all you do is run around. And I didn't really get it, so I didn't know if I was out or not.

Then when we had to field, we'd just stand there waiting for like 15 minutes doing nothing. And you couldn't speak to your friends, as they would be on the opposite team.

Daniel-X
09-07-2015, 02:19 PM

My school apparently just time table you for it but you only have it like for the first eight weeks or so then you just do revision instead for subjects

RichardG
09-07-2015, 02:28 PM
No I hated it, just like I hated PE. I used to attempt to look I was participating in some way or another but by year 11 I just couldn't be bothered at all so resorted to standing in the corner of the hall/field every lesson. It was strange because in every other subject the teachers loved me but the PE ones hated me, they shouted all sorts every lesson and even once in desperation "Richard, just do SOMETHING!!" but I had long given up by that point. :laugh: I attempted to join in once when they made us play dodgeball because I thought maybe that would be fun but then one of the chavs threw the ball in my face so I didn't even bother in that lesson by the end either. :worry:

MTVN
09-07-2015, 02:43 PM
Yeah it was a good day of dossing around. Apart from me always getting stitched up to do the 1500m anyway which I invariably came last in :idc:

Drew.
09-07-2015, 08:09 PM
Great day sat around eating burgers and hot dogs all day

karl100589
09-07-2015, 08:16 PM
I was the fat geeky kid, I think you know my answer

Jake.
09-07-2015, 09:22 PM
yes but not for the sport

Ninastar
09-07-2015, 09:23 PM
I loved it

/stereotypicaldyke

Black Dagger
09-07-2015, 09:49 PM
I loved the sack race. Probably why I'm a massive fag

Rob!
09-07-2015, 10:47 PM
Good god no. I hated everything about it.
Except sitting next to the track during the 100m and tripping people up as they ran past :fan: