PDA

View Full Version : Body Satisfaction

Jords
03-08-2015, 10:19 PM
Im very interested in body perception, satisfaction and dissatifcation, eating behaviour, related disorders, general health and fitness etc.

Out of curiosity - which parts of your body are you most satisfied with and why?

For me, I am happy with my:

Legs - decent muscle, generally quite lean, nice fine hair
Eyebrows - naturally tidy
Jawline - defined, quite a masculine characteristic that I find attractive
Chest - fairly shaped, I like the hair and in photos is a cut-off I can look good with

Which brings me onto the next question - which parts of your body are you dissatisfied with/do you want to improve and why?

Again, for me:

Torso - 'belly fat' which Im finding difficult to shift, I want to tighten my skin and I also have stretch marks which Ive kinda accepted but its not great
Chin - on profile view I feel it sticks out too much like a shovel I could dig a hole in sand with

PS you are all beautiful :love:

Liam-
03-08-2015, 10:30 PM
The only part of my body I'm generally happy with are my eyes, the rest can gtf

LeatherTrumpet
03-08-2015, 10:31 PM
I tend to not self obsess

Makes life easier...

MB.
03-08-2015, 10:32 PM

Makes life easier...

#dadbod

Will.
03-08-2015, 10:32 PM
legs - happy

eyes - happy (my eyes are each different colours)

torso - meh kind of a belly, but it looks like muscle with clothes on.

eyebrows - happy, naturally tidy.

Mokka
03-08-2015, 10:33 PM

Makes life easier...

Yeah, your obsession with other people's bodies must take up enough of your time :omgno:

LeatherTrumpet
03-08-2015, 10:36 PM
Yeah, you obsession with other people's bodies must take up enough of your time :omgno:

If you only knew I was googling

Kristen Connolly ass

10 mins ago as I watched House of Cards

Well you would be insufferable smug

...lucky you don't know. :dog:

Jords
03-08-2015, 10:38 PM

Makes life easier...

Good on ya!

I think thats something you learn to do with age/experience... but right now I feel a lot of pressure being a young male. That said, I like to fight social norms and dont agree with society's "beauty standards". Id like to be more toned and healthy, **** getting ripped food is too damn good.

Jay.
03-08-2015, 10:38 PM
Well, I've lost a lot of weight and now I'd say I really like my legs, they are so thin now. And my eyes. I like the shape of my face a little bit more now too.

I'm not so keen on my stomach, I have stretch marks and it just looks awful, but hopefully they will fade with time. And a little bit more toning up and I'll feel better about it.

LeatherTrumpet
03-08-2015, 10:42 PM
As you get older one thing becomes apparent

People are not looking at you

They are far too self obsessed

Don't waste your youth on what you think others,are thinking

They ain't

Jords
03-08-2015, 10:46 PM
The general opinion of others Im not too fussed about. Dating... yeeaaahh...

LeatherTrumpet
03-08-2015, 10:47 PM
Increase the size of your wallet

Then you can let the body take a back seat

Ammi
04-08-2015, 05:37 AM
Im very interested in body perception, satisfaction and dissatifcation, eating behaviour, related disorders, general health and fitness etc.

Out of curiosity - which parts of your body are you most satisfied with and why?

For me, I am happy with my:

Legs - decent muscle, generally quite lean, nice fine hair
Eyebrows - naturally tidy
Jawline - defined, quite a masculine characteristic that I find attractive
Chest - fairly shaped, I like the hair and in photos is a cut-off I can look good with

Which brings me onto the next question - which parts of your body are you dissatisfied with/do you want to improve and why?

Again, for me:

Torso - 'belly fat' which Im finding difficult to shift, I want to tighten my skin and I also have stretch marks which Ive kinda accepted but its not great
Chin - on profile view I feel it sticks out too much like a shovel I could dig a hole in sand with

PS you are all beautiful :love:

...don't hate those stretch marks Jords, they're there to show how far you've come in your weight loss so are a beautiful thing, be proud of them...whether stretch marks be created because of a substantial weight loss or with a female/having a child, they're marks of something great and wonderful, are they not..?...

...your chin..?...well, it suits your face so is absolutely perfect just as it is, any other chin just wouldn't look quite right and wouldn't be you..yours is the best chin for you and I love it...

..PS, you're beautiful Jords...:lovedup:...

kirklancaster
04-08-2015, 06:35 AM
Increase the size of your wallet

Then you can let the body take a back seat

:laugh: Many a true word spoken in jest.

Livia
05-08-2015, 08:46 PM
I'm pretty much happy with my body but I have to work at it. I have a duff leg right now but I'm working on that too.

rubymoo
06-08-2015, 11:46 AM
I'm pretty happy with my figure, nothing a corset won't sort out:laugh:

Life's too short to worry about what you look like!

Ithinkiloveyoutoo
06-08-2015, 04:23 PM
I grew up thinking people thought my ass was gross, then JLO made big ass fashionable and people began to like my ass too.

Amy Jade
06-08-2015, 04:35 PM

Hair
Eyes
Lips
Legs
Boobs
Teeth

Hates

Ears
Waist
Bum

When I lost weight it literally came off my bum first and I wish I had a more curvy figure so my waist.

Ithinkiloveyoutoo
06-08-2015, 04:40 PM

Hair
Eyes
Lips
Legs
Boobs
Teeth

Hates

Ears
Waist
Bum

When I lost weight it literally came off my bum first and I wish I had a more curvy figure so my waist.

Quick they're doing a special offer at the Kardashian's doctors. Get ass, hips and lips for the price of 1 and get a free glycolic peel also.

armand.kay
06-08-2015, 06:01 PM
Dislike:
- Hate my belly area but I'm working on it so it's not really an insecurity just something I know won't be there next year.

- I also hate how tiny my wrists and fingers are I feel like they're really girly and gross.

- my butt. It looks odd in skinny jeans.

- My face. I'm not ****ing handsom or anything and even tho it's not very symmetrical I think my face is decent and I can't see myself getting anything done.

- My eye colour. My eye shape is nice too I guess.

- My lips are nice and plump.

- My nose is cute but it's kind of fugly when I smile.

- My smile. Even tho my nose tries to sabotage my dimples and teeth save ha.

- I like my height, when I'm sickeningly skinny I'll be serving slender man realTnes.

- my neck is quit long and I like it for some reason.

- My collar bones are quit defined which I guess is good.

- my legs are alright they could be more toned I guess but they're long

- I also like my hair, use to hate having kinky hair when I was little but now I love it.

Wizard.
09-08-2015, 10:07 PM
I have body disphormia so me saying anything is invalid tbf

LemonJam
09-08-2015, 10:47 PM
Satisfied:

Hair - It's quite thick so it looks very full when shorter with a natural curl to it.
Eyebrows - Has the perfect angle that lets the boys know I'm dtf
Eyes - Hazel, which is unique, quite wide which I think looks pretty sexy.
Nose - I have a very big nose and I love it. It's my defining feature.
Jawline - Square jaw, makes me look well manly yeah?
Body - Decently toned without being too muscular

Not so keen :

Skin - I'm 23 and still have acne, bacne, no matter how much skin treatment and medication I've been through it's perpetually there. I'm also very pale and don't ever tan meaning you can see my veins.
Facial hair - I can't grow a full beard, only a goatee and moustache.
Arms - I'm very lanky and my wrists are very small. Pretty disproportionate.

THAT BEING SAID I absolutely love how I look and I'm not insecure about the things I don't like about myself. I still wear T-Shirts and Vests despite my skinny forearms, I'll have my shirt off on the beach despite my bacne and I rock a goatee if I'm feeling suitably 90's that week.

Brother Leon
09-08-2015, 10:47 PM
I used to be VERY unsatisfied. I wouldn't even wear Short Sleeves or Vests even in the summer. Nowadays I'm a lot more happy really. Only thing I would prefer is maybe bigger legs, but it's not like I don't wear shorts all the time regardless. That free 3 month membership at the uni gym transformed my life pretty much as it got me more into trying to improve my body.