PDA

View Full Version : What are you thoughts on Baby On Board signs in cars?

Will.
07-08-2015, 05:24 PM
I think there really stupid things, it's like saying only Baby's life are important tbh.

I just don't see the point in them tbh.

It made laugh the other day when I saw one saying "Adults want to live too."

Will.
07-08-2015, 05:26 PM
it was talked about on Katie Hopkins show last night, the audience agreed they should be banned.

Liam-
07-08-2015, 05:28 PM
If seeing one of them on the back of a car makes at least one person drive even a little bit more carefully, then I'm all for them.. plus, they're cute.

RichardG
07-08-2015, 05:32 PM
I guess there's no harm in having one, they're more likely to cause someone to calm down their driving than be more reckless so they can only be a good thing really. :shrug:

Firewire
07-08-2015, 05:39 PM
They're novelty more than anything, I don't think people see them as caution signs

LeatherTrumpet
07-08-2015, 05:39 PM
They are pointless really

Dollface
07-08-2015, 05:42 PM
They're novelty more than anything, I don't think people see them as caution signs

This

People probably get them as gifts when they have babies. I think the whole "babies lives being more important than other lives" is just over-analyzing. :worry:

Jay.
07-08-2015, 05:48 PM
shouldn't people always drive carefully though? lmao

Shaun
07-08-2015, 05:50 PM
if they didn't exist then what would the B-Sharps have sung about?

Will.
07-08-2015, 06:03 PM
shouldn't people always drive carefully though? lmao

exactly, and shouldn't all human life be respected, no matter the age?

MB.
07-08-2015, 06:05 PM
if they didn't exist then what would the B-Sharps have sung about?

Something something Burt Ward?

MB.
07-08-2015, 06:06 PM
exactly, and shouldn't all human life be respected, no matter the age?

Well yes but adults would probably be slightly more able to try and protect themselves than babies

Kizzy
07-08-2015, 06:12 PM
Banned... why would they be banned?
Maybe it's a polite way of saying hey div in the golf... don't cut me up you dick!

Will.
07-08-2015, 06:14 PM
Well yes but adults would probably be slightly more able to try and protect themselves than babies

not if there disabled, or an very elderly person wouldn't be able to.

kirklancaster
07-08-2015, 07:54 PM
Banned... why would they be banned?
Maybe it's a polite way of saying hey div in the golf... don't cut me up you dick!

Exactly. Better to ban the cupid stunts who have no respect for others and speed, drive dangerously and tailgate.

Withano
07-08-2015, 08:26 PM
the Katie Hopkins show

Wait what. Where does this exist?! I don't think I've watched TV since BB ended?!

Will.
07-08-2015, 09:34 PM
Wait what. Where does this exist?! I don't think I've watched TV since BB ended?!

yep on TLC, Thursdays 10PM

joeysteele
07-08-2015, 09:48 PM
I get really worried at times when I see them when I see how badly some of the parents/guardians are driving the car.

Will.
07-08-2015, 09:50 PM
most of the time they don't even have babies

Drew.
07-08-2015, 09:54 PM
Tacky

Will.
07-08-2015, 09:58 PM
Tacky

specially "princess on board".

Withano
07-08-2015, 10:05 PM
yep on TLC, Thursdays 10PM

Thanks. Theres a repeat on right now too! Gonna watch it!

Will.
07-08-2015, 10:05 PM
Thanks. Theres a repeat on right now too! Gonna watch it!

It was really good! Gemma was brilliant, infact they were all funny.

Katie has a huge row with an audience member, its explosive!

TomC
07-08-2015, 10:51 PM
Tbh I never thought they were suggesting that people should drive with extra care around cars with a baby on board sign.

Tom4784
07-08-2015, 10:54 PM
Makes me want to drive them off the road even more tbh.

Will.
07-08-2015, 10:55 PM
Makes me want to drive them off the road even more tbh.

preach

AnnieK
07-08-2015, 11:08 PM
I never had one...never saw the need, if a dicks on the road, they're more likely to see them as a "challenge" than a deterrent.

Jake.
08-08-2015, 12:17 AM
a bit chavvy really

Ammi
08-08-2015, 03:54 AM
..I don't think that they were ever meant as a deterrent, although if that works as well that's all good but they were to let emergency services know that there was a baby or small child in the car should there be a road traffic accident..they were more meant to be hung in the car and removable/taken out when no baby was in the car but they're not really used as such anymore I don't think...

Mystic Mock
08-08-2015, 04:37 AM

Not when your in the backseat of a Car and you crash you can't protect yourself.:joker:

Withano
09-08-2015, 12:26 AM
It was really good! Gemma was brilliant, infact they were all funny.

Katie has a huge row with an audience member, its explosive!

Yeah, got it on series link now! It was good, nowhere near as annoying as I assumed it would have been.

Josy
09-08-2015, 07:01 AM
They are there to inform emergency services that there is a child present during accidents....

Livia
09-08-2015, 02:16 PM
They are there to inform emergency services that there is a child present during accidents....

Then presumably they should be removed when the child isn't in the car to save the emergency services needlessly hunting for a child that isn't there should there be a wreck.

Judging by the driving of some of the women heading for the primary school in my local village every morning, it's a little presumptuous to assume that having a child on board makes you a good driver and everyone else out to kill your kid.

Ammi
10-08-2015, 04:56 AM
Then presumably they should be removed when the child isn't in the car to save the emergency services needlessly hunting for a child that isn't there should there be a wreck.

Judging by the driving of some of the women heading for the primary school in my local village every morning, it's a little presumptuous to assume that having a child on board makes you a good driver and everyone else out to kill your kid.

..I don't think that they were ever meant as a deterrent, although if that works as well that's all good but they were to let emergency services know that there was a baby or small child in the car should there be a road traffic accident..they were more meant to be hung in the car and removable/taken out when no baby was in the car but they're not really used as such anymore I don't think...

..indeed, they were just meant to hang and be removable/not stickers..it's amazing that something with such an important purpose could be lost in translation the way it mostly is..and no campaigns so far as I'm aware to reinforce their purpose...tbh, it's something that I had never known but it was mentioned in a First Aid course I went on once...

..the other thing which is an interesting fact/type thing...(because it was mentioned earlier in the thread about all lives being of importance..)..which they are obviously...but in an 'either/or' life saving situation...lives do have a 'value' and children are often a higher priority to be saved....