PDA

View Full Version : Coconut oil

rubymoo
08-09-2015, 01:13 PM
I thought i'd just report my findings regarding coconut oil.

My daughter developed either eczema or dermatitis in her eyebrows and the eczema/dermatitis started to move down onto her left eyelid, so i decided to try coconut oil on her eyebrows and eyelid, as i'm not a big fan on going to the doctors, they would've prescribed hydrocortisone cream but i wanted to try something natural.

I put it on her every morning after her morning wash, at around 2pm and at night after her bedtime wash. It appeared to be doing nothing at around day 4 and she picked the scaly skin off her right eyebrow leaving it red and sore (and looking like it was going to bleed):nono:

So after a minor telling off, i kept reapplying the coconut oil 3 times a day and by day 8 it had all gone from her eyebrows, there was just a bit of dry skin on her left eyelid:dance:

It's now day 14 and i'm applying coconut oil just morning and night (as i don't want a reoccurance), and it's gone off her eyelid, i'm just so pleased that i didn't have to go to the doctors.

So if anyone suffers with eczema or dermatitis try coconut oil:hee:

Josy
08-09-2015, 02:13 PM
Coconut oil is my holy grail product, the stuff is amazing for a multitude of things and I'm always singing it's praises on here.

Livia
08-09-2015, 02:19 PM
I was about to say... search 'coconut oil' and 'Josy' on here and you will learn all the things coconut oil does. Been using it myself for a while and it's all true.

LeatherTrumpet
08-09-2015, 02:36 PM
I remember how disappointed I was when I tried fresh coconut for the first time and it didnt taste like the stuff inside a Bounty

:nono:

I dont trust em and their milk stinks :yuk:

Livia
08-09-2015, 02:38 PM
There's nothing like a pina colada made with fresh coconut that was hanging on a tree the day before. Sipped on a beach.... lovely.

rubymoo
08-09-2015, 05:10 PM
I've used coconut oil for cooking for a while now, but 1st time i've used it as a home remedy, i'm just so pleased for my daughter that the eczema/dermatitis has gone:hee:

I will search Josy's threads for coconut oil Livia, and see what else i can use it for....

I get what you're saying LT, the first time i tasted coconut oil i expected it to taste like a bounty bar:laugh:

Ithinkiloveyoutoo
02-01-2016, 12:19 PM
Coconut oil is the answer to all of life's problems.

Suze
02-01-2016, 12:31 PM
I have coconut oil in my cupboards and often tell others the virtues of coconut oil for many a thing, and urge them to try it.

Ammi
03-01-2016, 04:23 AM
Coconut oil is the answer to all of life's problems.

...aaaaaaaaaaaaaand long eyelashes as well...

Ammi
03-01-2016, 04:24 AM
..I swear to God they grow while you're applying it...

arista
03-01-2016, 04:34 AM
Aveeno Cream

Is Oatmeal
may also work

CouchPotato8
05-01-2016, 04:55 PM
I use coconut oil for my hair but in the winter time, since it clumps, I transition to avocado oil. My hair has never looked shinier and healthier! Better than wasting money on all those chemical products.