PDA

View Full Version : What would you do to shake up IAC?

Cal.
16-09-2015, 06:44 PM
Since there was a discussion on how IAC is the exact same format year after year and how it's become stale in another thread, here's a thread for you to discuss what you would do to shake up the show.

Mine:
-Lower number of celebs on launch for the next thing-
-4 or 6 celebrities could enter later on - perhaps in small groups of 1 or 2 or all together to freshen up the show after the first week or so.
-Have more regular evictions, perhaps not save them all until the last week and a half, maybe have an eviction every four or five days until it's necessary to get everyone out to keep the show more exciting.
- No split camps on launch - tired.
- A live bush tucker trial every week to keep it more exciting.

Firewire
16-09-2015, 06:45 PM
Make the person who did the trial the night before immune from the next one

Pete.
16-09-2015, 06:47 PM
For the love of god, add more Survivor elements ie. no public vote until final 6 or so and then add the votelines to win, evicting someone every day in the run-up to the final. This could lead to the inclusion of immunity challenges quite easily

Headie
16-09-2015, 06:47 PM
I just want an All Stars series tbh. It's long overdue.

The female cast would need to include Sinitta, Helen Flanagan, Gillian McKeith, Janice Dickinson, Kim Woodburn, Katie Price and Kendra Wilkinson tbh

JoshBB
16-09-2015, 06:48 PM
Having new things in the eating trials.. they seem to bring back the same stuff every year.

Cal.
16-09-2015, 06:49 PM
I think they should save All Stars for the final series.

Kazanne
16-09-2015, 06:52 PM
Wrestling with Crocodiles and swimming with sharks would be interesting.:hehe:

Daniel-X
16-09-2015, 07:02 PM
- No split camps and the beginning trial of parachute diving and walking to camp (it's become stale and boring)
- Throw a twist like halfway through the series like a fake elimination with a secret camp sort of like BB secret room twists but the difference is they've never had one
- Have evictions earlier on instead of having one every day make it one every three days or something after the first week

LeatherTrumpet
16-09-2015, 07:07 PM
cancel it as its genuine grade a sh1t

karl100589
16-09-2015, 07:08 PM
Scrap it and do Survivor or The Amazing Race.

Jack_
16-09-2015, 07:17 PM
Do an All Stars series, there is a huge back catalogue of amazing contestants on this show that could be utilised to produce three stellar weeks of a reality show that would garner huge press attention and ratings. I really don't know why they haven't done it yet.

Instead in recent years we're subjected to a few good celebrities that make the show for the first half doing all the Bushtucker Trials only for them to leave mid-way through and some ****ing irrelevant bore walks away with the crown. Honestly, I genuinely struggle to name the winners of IAC over the last five years or so...they all blend into one invisible, pointless ****ing waste of a fee, and leave you feeling like you've wasted three weeks watching this for nothing.

Everything is so repetitive, the only reason I really like and watch I'm A Celebrity anymore is for Ant and Dec's links which continue to be amazing.

MB.
16-09-2015, 07:17 PM
Yeah, an All Stars series is well overdue

Cal.
16-09-2015, 07:18 PM
- Throw a twist like halfway through the series like a fake elimination with a secret camp sort of like BB secret room twists but the difference is they've never had one

I like this idea but don't think that a 'watch the live stream of the main camp' would work with this show. Perhaps they could incorporate it in some way that the main camp are given a map and have to navigate their way to the secret camp or something in a time frame and if they don't then the people in the secret camp are eliminated for real or something idk?

Cal.
16-09-2015, 07:20 PM
They could actually do so much with it. They could quite easily rehash every single good BB twist over the years and the public would lap it up they don't even need to be creative to make the show good.

Jack_
16-09-2015, 07:24 PM
They've stolen more than enough from Big Brother over the years (and now, sadly, BB seem to be doing the same with the 'eat something disgusting' tasks) so they may as well try something a bit more left field and innovative.

zakman440
16-09-2015, 07:29 PM
Pretty much what everyone else has mentioned so far, but maybe some live streaming online? The Australian version had an hour stream online after each episode called 'The Fallout Zone' which could be interesting:

In addition to the television broadcast a live feed from the camp site airs for an hour after the AEDT airing of the show on Ten's website and mobile app, titled The Fallout Zone but more commonly referred to as FOZ. The content of feed is available on the website after the fact so viewers in other states may watch the show after their airing of the main show. The feed is hosted by comedian Sam Mac and producer Ciaran "The Butcher" Flannery, also known as "The C-Word". On 8 March and March 12, 2015, producer Dominic "The Domin8or" Sullivan filled in during Flannery's absence. The duo interact with viewers through Twitter, using the hashtag #FOZ.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I%27m_a_Celebrity...Get_Me_Out_of_Here!_(Australia n_TV_series)

They also had free Twitter voting which more shows need over here imo.

Tom4784
16-09-2015, 07:31 PM
Cancel it.

LukeB
16-09-2015, 07:31 PM
Axe overrated Ant and Dec

Jack_
16-09-2015, 07:35 PM
Axe overrated Ant and Dec

They are honestly the only reason why this show is so successful, and continues to be. Everybody on here acknowledges the format is stale, and I'm pretty sure a lot of the casual viewers do too, but it is Ant and Dec that draw the audiences in. Get rid of them and this show collapses.

Takeaway is their best vehicle but their links on this show are second to none and are easily the best thing about it.

Liam-
16-09-2015, 07:36 PM
They are honestly the only reason why this show is so successful, and continues to be. Everybody on here acknowledges the format is stale, and I'm pretty sure a lot of the casual viewers do too, but it is Ant and Dec that draw the audiences is. Get rid of them and this show collapses.

Takeaway is their best vehicle but their links on this show are second to none and are easily the best thing about it.

:clap1:

Liam-
16-09-2015, 07:37 PM
I'd like to see them change the location for a series at least

LukeB
16-09-2015, 07:39 PM
They are honestly the only reason why this show is so successful, and continues to be. Everybody on here acknowledges the format is stale, and I'm pretty sure a lot of the casual viewers do too, but it is Ant and Dec that draw the audiences is. Get rid of them and this show collapses.

Maybe so, its another reason for me not to watch because i'm bored of them now, BGT/Brit Awards is also bad enough with them hosting.. Take away is okay tbh.

Jay.
16-09-2015, 07:42 PM
maybe add a few non-celebrities

LukeB
16-09-2015, 07:43 PM
maybe add a few non-celebrities

A non-celebrity version sounds like a good idea, I wanted to do it before but I love my food so nope

Jack_
16-09-2015, 07:44 PM
Maybe so, its another reason for me not to watch because i'm bored of them now, BGT/Brit Awards is also bad enough with them hosting.. Take away is okay tbh.

I know people always say Ant and Dec are overexposed and I used to agree but I really don't anymore :shrug:

Takeaway starts at the end of February and BGT finishes at the start of June, they then don't return for five months until November when they do three weeks of IAC and one night of Text Santa a few weeks later. It's really not that much at all compared to the days when they were doing stuff like PokerFace and Red or Black? as well.

Jack_
16-09-2015, 07:45 PM
Oh yeah, I'm A Civilian is always an idea I've thought they should trial. Didn't they consider it once but decided against it?

Then again, I'd rather them just bring Survivor UK back tbh

LukeB
16-09-2015, 07:46 PM
Oh yeah, I'm A Civilian is always an idea I've thought they should trial. Didn't they consider it once but decided against it?

I made a thread about that on the survivor sub-forum

Black Dagger
16-09-2015, 07:47 PM
I don't trust them casting an all stars. Because we would get a Joey Essex/Joe Swash bromance and I'd rather kill myself than watch them two awful human beings.

LukeB
16-09-2015, 07:48 PM
I know people always say Ant and Dec are overexposed and I used to agree but I really don't anymore :shrug:

Takeaway starts at the end of February and BGT finishes at the start of June, they then don't return for five months until November when they do three weeks of IAC and one night of Text Santa a few weeks later. It's really not that much at all compared to the days when they were doing stuff like PokerFace and Red or Black? as well.

Maybe not as much these days but they are a lil overexposed which is why they always win the presenter award.. We hardly see Dermot and god knows why Emma is not nominated for the award.

Will.
16-09-2015, 07:49 PM
Bring Helen Wood in and call the new series

"I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!: Helen Wood's Big Jungle Takeover"

Liam-
16-09-2015, 07:49 PM
I don't trust them casting an all stars. Because we would get a Joey Essex/Joe Swash bromance and I'd rather kill myself than watch them two awful human beings.

Fair point

Jack_
16-09-2015, 07:53 PM
Maybe not as much these days but they are a lil overexposed which is why they always win the presenter award.. We hardly see Dermot and god knows why Emma is not nominated for the award.

I realised a while back that Dermot probably won't make the shortlist anymore and that's sad :( I always wanted him to win it once

In all honesty though the reason they always win it is because they genuinely are one of, if not the best presenters on British TV. They could appear on one show a year and I think they'd still win. I love loads of other hosts and it'd be nice to see someone else win but they do thoroughly deserve every award they win

I wouldn't actually be surprised to see Emma make the shortlist next year now Dermot's out.

Cal.
16-09-2015, 08:08 PM
Bring Helen Wood in and call the new series

"I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!: Helen Wood's Big Jungle Takeover"

Here for it! :clap1:

Jason.
16-09-2015, 08:16 PM
Axe the two camps thing. It's been the same since 2006 and it's really dull now. They should've axed that after 2010, tbh. So why it's still going on to this day is beyond me.

Get rid of sky-diving, and think of something new each year for the contestants to make their way into camp. Maybe have 6 pairs of 2 and each pair must find their way to camp, but there are booby traps hidden in the jungle which sabotage their way of making it to camp. And if they get trapped, they're trapped overnight or something like that and must find their way back the following morning or something like that, I don't know :shrug:

If someone does a trial, make them immune for the next one. I'm actually sick of the same people doing the trials over and over again. It's happened so much over the past few years (since Helen tbh) and now it's boring. It seems to be the norm every year now. In 2013 we had Joey, and last year we had Kendra. It was good at first when it was Janice, Katie Price and Gillian. But even then it didn't happen EVERY series.

More physical trials. Recently, in the past few years the trials have pretty much been "shower them with bugs and even more bugs". I want more physical trials like the older series had. Just trials which don't always involve bugs. Things like height, strength, and endurance trials would be ideal.

Jason.
16-09-2015, 08:20 PM

tbh. And even Christopher Biggins.

Joe would probably win it again as well :facepalm: On another note, why is Joe still on the ITV2 show, he's been on it since 2009. It's like get the **** off my TV screen, you won the thing almost a decade ago. Why not have the previous years winner on the show instead?

Jason.
16-09-2015, 08:25 PM

I don't think a civilian version of the show would work tbh.

It would just be filled with fame hungry wannabies (BB teas) who won't even do the trials and will probably act like pussies, so they get more airtime = more exposure sort of thing. I don't think it will be as successful as the celebrity version either. The main appeal of IAC is because we (the viewers) get to pretty much torture the celebrity by making their life hell and voting them to do trials and things like that. It won't be much fun if it was just normal people.

Also, it would rate way lower than the celebrity version. I think Love Island is a similar comparison. I mean back in 2005/6 when the show was with celebrities (Z listers), the show used to get like 4/5m, and now it's with members of the public it can't even get 500k. The main appeal for that show was the celebrities (Z listers). Granted, they're other factors like it aired on ITV2 instead of ITV like the original show, it had a 10 year hiatus, and well TV has changed in almost 10 years. But you get my point.

Jason.
16-09-2015, 08:29 PM
In terms of an All Stars series, I really think they should do one in 2017 to celebrate the show being on for 15 years. I mean the current contract takes to show up to 2017 anyway.

Maybe even make that the last series, cause I can't imagine the show going on for more than 3 more years, lbr. I think 2017 would be the perfect time to axe it (despite ratings) and have an All Stars.

Ideally they should've had an All Stars series in 2012 to celebrate 10 years.

Daniel-X
16-09-2015, 08:31 PM
I like this idea but don't think that a 'watch the live stream of the main camp' would work with this show. Perhaps they could incorporate it in some way that the main camp are given a map and have to navigate their way to the secret camp or something in a time frame and if they don't then the people in the secret camp are eliminated for real or something idk?

Ooh I like this idea :)

Jason.
16-09-2015, 08:36 PM
Pretty much what everyone else has mentioned so far, but maybe some live streaming online? The Australian version had an hour stream online after each episode called 'The Fallout Zone' which could be interesting:

They had live feed on ITV2 during the earlier series. I believe they axed it in 2007 iirc. I don't remember it working cause of the time difference. It'd have to air extremely early in the morning for it to actually be worth watching :laugh:

MB.
16-09-2015, 08:37 PM
Nothing ever happens on I'm a Celebrity, let's face it, there'd be no point in a live feed

Jason.
16-09-2015, 08:39 PM
Nothing ever happens on I'm a Celebrity, let's face it, there'd be no point in a live feed

True.

I remember when it did air in midnight back in the day, it would be like 10 in the morning over there and the celebrities would be in their beds with faces like slapped arses cause they were hungry and never-ending speculation of what that days trial was going to be after they heard the name of it from Ant and Dec.

Jason.
16-09-2015, 08:43 PM
Ooh I like this idea :)

In regards to a secret camp, the celebrities in that secret camp can also have luxury food (anything other than rice and beans tbh) and stay full while the main camp starve away as usual and can also get to choose who does the next trial in the main camp and actually also choose which trial they do.

That sounds like a good IAC spin-off of BB's secret rooms that they like to pull every week nowadays. But only have it once in IAC, so it's original.

Cal.
16-09-2015, 08:43 PM
I don't think ITV would axe it - it's their only show properly now that rates as high as BBC's big shows like Strictly and Bake Off. I don't think it's going anywhere.

Jason.
16-09-2015, 08:45 PM
True.

If they're planning on keeping it, they really need a shake up.

Ashley.
16-09-2015, 09:15 PM
It just needs an overhaul. It's getting lazy. I haven't watched the last couple of series but I thought some of the later ones (Series 8-11) were amazing.

Mitchell
16-09-2015, 09:40 PM
Scrap it and do Survivor or The Amazing Race.

It's still doing amazing in the ratings though, Survivor or AR wouldn't get near the ratings.