PDA

View Full Version : Do you recycle Christmas presents?

King Gizzard
07-11-2015, 08:24 PM
Might judge you if you do

Jake.
07-11-2015, 08:26 PM
what, like for plastic?

King Gizzard
As in, give them to someone else the following year

Jake.
no, I don't do that

Denver
i do one mans trash is another mans treasure

Josy
07-11-2015, 10:18 PM
No ffs imagine you forgot who had given the present to you and gifted it back to them hahahah :laugh:

King Gizzard
08-11-2015, 01:10 AM
My mum does it with all that toiletries sets crap

King Gizzard
08-11-2015, 01:11 AM
Suppose they're all that old they'll forget what they gave each other

Shaun
08-11-2015, 02:25 AM
I don't 'regift' them but I'll give my brother a deodorant or something I'm not keen on.

Ammi
08-11-2015, 03:00 AM
....ouch/yes../occasionally/lots...I get so many from children, even though you say don't...most of them I'll give to little old neighbours and stuff etc..the only ones I'll really keep are ones that children have made themselves...

Cherie
08-11-2015, 08:22 AM
No regifting, donate toiletries to fetes and leave chocs/biscuits in the staff room

DemolitionRed
08-11-2015, 10:39 AM
No ffs imagine you forgot who had given the present to you and gifted it back to them hahahah :laugh:

My maternal grandmother often did that and she'd even give it back in the same gift wrap.

The worst time was when I gave her a little enamelled trinket box. I was still at school and working pt in the corner shop, so money was tight but it was my first salary and so I was being proudly generous. About six months later I was talking to my nan about a birthday present for my mum and she said, "I've got just the thing". She went off and got the trinket box I'd bought her and handed it to me saying, "a friend gave this to me but its really not my thing"

I've still got that trinket box :bawling:

LeatherTrumpet
08-11-2015, 10:40 AM
Yes I sell them on ebay asap

smudgie
08-11-2015, 10:45 AM
Not so much recycle, but if any of the kids presents aren't to my taste I tell daughter to gift them to her mates..or keep them herself.:laugh:
Doesn't happen very often as I am usually asked what I would like, just those pesky surprise ones that can be doff really.

Daniel-X
08-11-2015, 10:57 AM
No. Once it was really embarrassing my mum gave my great aunty a bath set once Christmas and she got the SAME bath set off my great aunty the next Christmas. Lmao

DemolitionRed
08-11-2015, 11:06 AM
Not so much recycle, but if any of the kids presents aren't to my taste I tell daughter to gift them to her mates..or keep them herself.:laugh:
Doesn't happen very often as I am usually asked what I would like, just those pesky surprise ones that can be doff really.

I haven't bought my dad a Xmas present for seven years now because seven years ago he handed back my gift.

Cherie
08-11-2015, 12:21 PM
I haven't bought my dad a Xmas present for seven years now because seven years ago he handed back my gift.

Handed it back in what way ? As in here's what I got you, or I don't want it :umm2:

DemolitionRed
08-11-2015, 03:06 PM
Handed it back in what way ? As in here's what I got you, or I don't want it :umm2:

He told me it was about as much use to him as an ashtray on a motorbike. If it had just been a shirt and tie that didn't fit, that would of been fine; what it was, was a scroll of his family tree that went right back to the 1700's and it had taken me a year and a huge amount of effort to research and get professionally mapped out.

I love my dad most of the time, but he can be a pompous old git sometimes. Our mum raised us never to be selfish but having an ultimately selfish dad gave us a lot of conflicting messages.

I know some people don't like surprise gifts but that's what they get from me and if anyone asks me what I want for Xmas/birthdays, I always ask them to surprise me. I really don't want to know what I'm getting.

Cherie
08-11-2015, 03:08 PM
He told me it was about as much use to him as an ashtray on a motorbike. If it had just been a shirt and tie that didn't fit, that would of been fine; what it was, was a scroll of his family tree that went right back to the 1700's and it had taken me a year and a huge amount of effort to research and get professionally mapped out.
H
I love my dad most of the time, but he can be a pompous old git sometimes. Our mum raised us never to be selfish but having an ultimately selfish dad gave us a lot of conflicting messages.

I know some people don't like surprise gifts but that's what they get from me and if anyone asks me what I want for Xmas/birthdays, I always ask them to surprise me. I really don't want to know what I'm getting.

That was a lovely thoughtful gift that so much effort went into, shame he couldn't see that

smudgie
08-11-2015, 03:13 PM

Wow, that was a beautiful thoughtful gift.
The type of gift I tell my daughter to keep is when she buys me a giant red heart shaped umbrella that she has been coveting for herself all year.:laugh:
I can read her like a book, when hubby and I were much younger..and much more skint, I used to buy him the latest Rod Stewart LP (yes, we are that ancient) so that I could listen to it.
She obviously takes after her Mammy.:joker:

Cherie
08-11-2015, 03:14 PM
Wow, that was a beautiful thoughtful gift.
The type of gift I tell my daughter to keep is when she buys me a giant red heart shaped umbrella that she has been coveting for herself all year.:laugh:
I can read her like a book, when hubby and I were much younger..and much more skint, I used to buy him the latest Rod Stewart LP (yes, we are that ancient) so that I could listen to it.
She obviously takes after her Mammy.:joker:

:joker: love it