PDA

View Full Version : Weird Habit.

kirklancaster
31-12-2015, 12:02 PM
Ever since I can remember, I have had a rather weird habit when eating.

As a child, if eating an apple, I used to bite into then hold it up in the light and study it (I still do) - especially sunlight when it caught the flesh of the fruit and made it sparkle with a myriad tiny diamonds. I thought of all the goodness nature had put into that fruit and it seemed to always enhance my enjoyment of it.

I do the same thing with other fruit and vegetables.

At mealtimes, I used to study all the ingredients on the brown sauce bottle label and my imagination was set on fire as I noted such exotic constituents such as; molasses, dates, and tamarinds (whatever they were) and to me, just that splash of sauce was a veritable feast of tropical goodness.

It came to me this morning while enjoying breakfast, that I NEVER perform this ritual with meat.

I love my meat, but I have come to the conclusion that for all these years, I have suppressed all thoughts of just what meat really is and just where it comes from, because if I did think about it, I may just no longer feel comfortable eating it, and I am now wondering if I do the same unconscious trick with other subjects which I do not want to think about.

Just rambling.

rubymoo
31-12-2015, 12:09 PM
I remember taking my girls to a Chinese restaurant and for starters it was duck, one of my girls asked...."mummy, what's duck?" to which i replied...."quack, quack!"

The look on her face.....priceless!:laugh:

(At the time my daughter was 5 years old:))

kirklancaster
31-12-2015, 12:26 PM
I remember taking my girls to a Chinese restaurant and for starters it was duck, one of my girls asked...."mummy, what's duck?" to which i replied...."quack, quack!"

The look on her face.....priceless!:laugh:

(At the time my daughter was 5 years old:))

:laugh: That's a gem Ruby.

LeatherTrumpet
31-12-2015, 03:40 PM

As a child, if eating an apple, I used to bite into then hold it up in the light and study it (I still do) - especially sunlight when it caught the flesh of the fruit and made it sparkle with a myriad tiny diamonds. I thought of all the goodness nature had put into that fruit and it seemed to always enhance my enjoyment of it.

At mealtimes, I used to study all the ingredients on the brown sauce bottle label and my imagination was set on fire as I noted such exotic constituents such as; molasses, dates, and tamarinds (whatever they were) and to me, just that splash of sauce was a veritable feast of tropical goodness.

It came to me this morning while enjoying breakfast, that I NEVER perform this ritual with meat.

I love my meat, but I have come to the conclusion that for all these years, I have suppressed all thoughts of just what meat really is and just where it comes from, because if I did think about it, I may just no longer feel comfortable eating it, and I am now wondering if I do the same unconscious trick with other subjects which I do not want to think about.

Just rambling.

if you had done that and were my son i would have given you a thick ear and told you that if you dont clean your plate youll be getting nae puddin

:fist:

Kizzy
31-12-2015, 03:48 PM
I have to open sandwiches and look whats in it... Even if I've made it and I know full well what's in it.

Jamie89
31-12-2015, 04:13 PM
I love my meat

I would never have guessed :fan:

JoshBB
31-12-2015, 04:17 PM

ffs you beat me to it :fist:

LeatherTrumpet
31-12-2015, 04:21 PM
ffs you beat me to it :fist:

yes I had you down for someone who was partial to beating your meat

:hehe:

kirklancaster
31-12-2015, 06:13 PM
yes I had you down for someone who was partial to beating your meat

:hehe:

:laugh:

kirklancaster
31-12-2015, 06:13 PM

Thank you Jamie - you are so intuitive :laugh:

Ithinkiloveyoutoo
31-12-2015, 08:19 PM
http://i.imgur.com/vaZig2X.jpg

ooooooohhhhh yeeeeaahhh

waterhog
01-01-2016, 05:58 PM

Just rambling.

kirky baby you are getting very deep in the old age.

I just hope you don't want to pick me up and examine me when you read one of my poems :joker: