PDA

View Full Version : Nervous when going to the Doctors?

Samm
10-02-2016, 11:49 AM
I've finally booked an appointment to go to the doctors and I dunno I feel good that I'll probably stop me worrying but at the same time I'm extremely nervous that he'll say that the thing I've got is dangerous or something even though I think that's it's not and I'm being told it's not either.

Does anyone else have this problem when going to the doctors or getting something checked out, I've just got extremely bad nerves about it and I feel like I'll have a panic attack in the waiting room, I'm so nervous I can't focus on my life that much either like I don't feel like going to the gym at all or sometimes eating.

andybigbro
10-02-2016, 11:51 AM
Yeah I hate going to the doctors. I always fear the worst.
I never make appointments because I hate it so much.

LeatherTrumpet
10-02-2016, 11:51 AM
Not that I have been for many years but I understand your anxiety, its perfectly normal

Vicky.
10-02-2016, 12:05 PM
I used to get so nervous. But now...I'm at the doctors or hospital ever other day pretty much :laugh:

Z
10-02-2016, 12:06 PM
It's perfectly normal, you're worried about bad news and maybe you have anxiety about waiting rooms anyway which is really common - I'm usually fine with going to the doctor but I remember a few years ago I found a lump somewhere sensitive and went to the doctor about it and I felt like I was going to be sick before I went in for worrying about what it might be and the embarrassment of getting naked in front of a doctor etc - but they're there to check it out and are really neutral anyway, a doctor's never going to be emotional so they always calm you down in that sense... good luck and hope it's good news :) x

Ammi
10-02-2016, 12:15 PM
I've finally booked an appointment to go to the doctors and I dunno I feel good that I'll probably stop me worrying but at the same time I'm extremely nervous that he'll say that the thing I've got is dangerous or something even though I think that's it's not and I'm being told it's not either.

Does anyone else have this problem when going to the doctors or getting something checked out, I've just got extremely bad nerves about it and I feel like I'll have a panic attack in the waiting room, I'm so nervous I can't focus on my life that much either like I don't feel like going to the gym at all or sometimes eating.

..awwwww Sam..:hug:...but when you get in there though Sam, into the GP's room and you're in front of him/her..(the times you have been in the past..)...you're anxieties weren't realised..?...nothing bad happened and all was ok, other than your nerves of anticipation ..?...that's something you could work on separately yourself, that the 'worst' never happened and rarely does in life with things that we are worried about like that....

Samm
10-02-2016, 12:27 PM
It's perfectly normal, you're worried about bad news and maybe you have anxiety about waiting rooms anyway which is really common - I'm usually fine with going to the doctor but I remember a few years ago I found a lump somewhere sensitive and went to the doctor about it and I felt like I was going to be sick before I went in for worrying about what it might be and the embarrassment of getting naked in front of a doctor etc - but they're there to check it out and are really neutral anyway, a doctor's never going to be emotional so they always calm you down in that sense... good luck and hope it's good news :) x

Thank youx

..awwwww Sam..:hug:...but when you get in there though Sam, into the GP's room and you're in front of him/her..(the times you have been in the past..)...you're anxieties weren't realised..?...nothing bad happened and all was ok, other than your nerves of anticipation ..?...that's something you could work on separately yourself, that the 'worst' never happened and rarely does in life with things that we are worried about like that....

Thanks, I can't help it I always think of the worst :(