PDA

View Full Version : Most forgettable series?

andybigbro
11-03-2016, 01:36 PM
Which series out he civilian BB do you feel is the most forgettable?

Poll coming...

LukeB
11-03-2016, 01:38 PM
the ones I've seen.. 15 and 16 because i choose to forget them

but 4 looks like a popular answer.

Dominic
11-03-2016, 01:44 PM
9 because I choose to forget it! I only choose to remember Lisa and Sara!

*mazedsalv**
11-03-2016, 01:45 PM
BB4.

BB15 and BB16 were not good series but they causes controversy and annoyed people, hence not being forgettable.

BB4 had literally nada bar the Africa switch.

Jordan.
11-03-2016, 01:47 PM
12, I only remember it for being tragic.

Lostie!
11-03-2016, 01:50 PM
Of the ones I've seen (BB5 onwards), I'd say BB12 (but it's not actually my least favourite, it beats BB15 and BB16 by a million miles).

Jason.
11-03-2016, 02:01 PM
BB2 is quite a forgettable series actually. There isn't really any stand-out or big moments that are particularly memorable. It being in between BB1 - the first ever and original and BB3 - the most popular and highest rated series doesn't really help it either tbh.

BB4 and BB12 are up there too. BB15 as awful as it was, isn't really a forgettable series. If anything it's probably one of the most (if not THE MOST) discussed series on this forum. Admittedly for wrong reasons but still. I mean whenever someone mentions BB15 or a certain housemate from that series it soon turns into a five-page discussion about how awful the production was or how awful the housemates were. :laugh:

Niamh.
11-03-2016, 02:05 PM
BB2 is my favourite series Jason, the winner went on to win UBB and host for a couple of years so it couldn't have been that forgettable

TomC
11-03-2016, 02:05 PM
For me personally it's BB16. It seemed to totally disappear from my memory for most of last Autumn. Probably a subconscious choice. Nothing really seemed to happen in it, it was just endless twists, with far too many HMs for such a short series, which made for a very watered down series.

TomC
11-03-2016, 02:07 PM
Yeah I don't really get the BB2 shade on here. The public killed it though by keeping Paul in for so many weeks and Liz and Dean got way further than they should have. I'm pretty sure Dean was the first ever HM to get booed on finale night.

Black Dagger
11-03-2016, 02:14 PM
Yeah I'd say BB2 as a forgotten one. On here anyway, nobody ever talks about any memorable or standout moments really. Even if it did have one of the more famous housemates.

Jason.
11-03-2016, 02:23 PM
It's quite forgettable by today's standards imo.

The winner being successful doesn't make the series any more memorable. I mean Josie Gibson is quite a successful winner and is probably one of the few HMs to come out of BB famous and is still quite current in the media, but that doesn't make BB11 any less forgettable than it was.

Brian winning UBB and hosting BB for two years doesn't really make BB2 more memorable as a series. It just makes Brian more memorable as a housemate.

Niamh.
11-03-2016, 02:25 PM
Yeah I'd say BB2 as a forgotten one. On here anyway, nobody ever talks about any memorable or standout moments really. Even if it did have one of the more famous housemates.

Probably because most of our members didn't watch it when it actually aired I think that makes a difference to how you remember things

Niamh.
11-03-2016, 02:27 PM
It's quite forgettable by today's standards imo.

The winner being successful doesn't make the series any more memorable. I mean Josie Gibson is quite a successful winner and is probably one of the few HMs to come out of BB famous and is still quite current in the media, but that doesn't make BB11 any less forgettable than it was.

Brian winning UBB and hosting BB for two years doesn't really make BB2 more memorable as a series. It just makes Brian more memorable as a housemate.

It was a memorable series though especially if you watched it as it aired. It had the first gay winner, it had the first "romance" that spawned a million showmances and it was really funny and light

Jason.
11-03-2016, 02:27 PM
Probably because most of our members didn't watch it when it actually aired I think that makes a difference to how you remember things

That's also a fair point.

Niamh.
11-03-2016, 02:29 PM
Infact I believe (James can correct me if I'm wrong) that this very forum was started because of BB2 :idc:

Lostie!
11-03-2016, 02:32 PM
It was a memorable series though especially if you watched it as it aired. It had the first gay winner, it had the first "romance" that spawned a million showmances and it was really funny and light

Infact I believe (James can correct me if I'm wrong) that this very forum was started because of BB2 :idc:

You tell them, Niamh!

http://i.imgur.com/Au5Qnxy.gif

Niamh.
11-03-2016, 02:33 PM
You tell them, Niamh!

http://i.imgur.com/Au5Qnxy.gif

:hee:

Jason.
11-03-2016, 02:37 PM
The Helen/Paul romance, I find really hard to find memorable (it's memorable when you look at BB2 as an individual series but not when you look at the whole BBUK franchise) given these romances or showmances we get nowadays are such a common norm in BBUK that once a new series starts, the ones from the previous series just blend into one for me. I mean yeah, they were genuine, but they'd be even more memorable if showmances/romances or w/e weren't such a norm nowadays and they'd stand out as being the only ones, if that makes sense. Even if they were the first ones.

Niamh.
11-03-2016, 02:40 PM
The Helen/Paul romance, I find really hard to find memorable (it's memorable when you look at BB2 as an individual series but not when you look at the whole BBUK franchise) given these romances or showmances we get nowadays are such a common norm in BBUK that once a new series starts, the ones from the previous series just blend into one for me. I mean yeah, they were genuine, but they'd be even more memorable if showmances/romances or w/e weren't such a norm nowadays and they'd stand out as being the only ones, if that makes sense. Even if they were the first ones.

Well, they were responsible for setting off a massive chain of fake romances because they got so much attention from theirs (not that that was a good thing but it makes it memorable)

James
11-03-2016, 02:55 PM

Yeah, this is true.

If you saw it at the time BB2 is probably one of the most memorable. The housemates were literally front-page news for about a month after it finished.

In the early series Big Brother was a bigger deal in the press back then, although it was a quite different show: highlights were only 30 minutes a night, and fewer tasks and less manipulation of events in the house.

Series 13 to 16 are less memorable to me because I didn't watch them as much as the others. The other series are all about the same (with a few series being more memorable).

Jason.
11-03-2016, 03:11 PM
Well, they were responsible for setting off a massive chain of fake romances because they got so much attention from theirs (not that that was a good thing but it makes it memorable)

Honestly, I don't think Helen and Paul set the chain of fake romances in BBUK. I think that all started from Katie and Peter in IAC3. I know they're different shows, but I've noticed that almost all the "romances" post-2004 on BB have been showmances and done to garner the same level of publicity that Katie and Peter did. Especially around 2005-2007. You also have to remember that BB was massive back then too. And because they were prominent in the media for a good five years and you'd often hear people saying they want to be "the new Katie and Peter". The romances that occurred in BB post-BB2 up until BB4 (before Katie and Peter came along) didn't really strike me as showmances. You had Sophie and Lee in BB3 and that was it. And I don't think they got together for publicity. Their relationship was more low-profile iirc and they even had a child together. It seemed genuine to me. Other than that, there weren't any others. BB showmances became more of a thing around the golden era of BB. Especially around BB6/7 time and that was when Katie and Peter were all over the papers.

(welp @ how off-topic this response is to the actual thread :laugh:)

Niamh.
11-03-2016, 03:11 PM
Yeah, this is true.

If you saw it at the time BB2 is probably one of the most memorable. The housemates were literally front-page news for about a month after it finished.

In the early series Big Brother was a bigger deal in the press back then, although it was a quite different show: highlights were only 30 minutes a night, and fewer tasks and less manipulation of events in the house.

Series 13 to 16 are less memorable to me because I didn't watch them as much as the others. The other series are all about the same.

:clap2:

Niamh.
11-03-2016, 03:14 PM
Jason can i just add that the fact that most posts in this thread are discussing the merits/non merits of BB2 actually proves that it is most certainly not one of the least memorable Series. I rest my case your honour. :idc:

andybigbro
11-03-2016, 03:24 PM
Love your defence for BB2 Niamh!

Hahha I'd probably say BB4, but that's because I have forgotten it :laugh: I wish I remembered more but it was ages ago. Having said that, I remember more of BB3 and that was before it. :think:

Jason.
11-03-2016, 03:31 PM
Jason can i just add that the fact that most posts in this thread are discussing the merits/non merits of BB2 actually proves that it is most certainly not one of the least memorable Series. I rest my case your honour. :idc:

Well it is in my opinion. :hee:

Niamh.
11-03-2016, 03:33 PM
Well it is in my opinion. :hee:

Did you watch it as it aired, out of curiosity? (I'm very protective of BB2 as it's the one that made me a Big Brother fanatic :laugh: )

Jason.
11-03-2016, 03:34 PM
Did you watch it as it aired, out of curiosity? (I'm very protective of BB2 as it's the one that made me a Big Brother fanatic :laugh: )

I can tell. :laugh:

Marsh.
11-03-2016, 03:54 PM
You go Niamh! :clap1:

BB2 was my first series and is always the one most of my family remembers mention and remember (who don't watch the trash it is nowadays).

Jamie89
11-03-2016, 06:27 PM
Close between BB4 and BB16 but I went with BB16 because at least BB4 is memorable as 'the boring one' if that makes sense, so it's memorable for something :laugh: And it aired when BB was more relevant so it's kind of remembered by default. Whereas because BB16 aired at a time when most people don't care about BB anymore, it won't even be remembered by the general audience as the boring series, it will just be forgotten completely.

And about BB2, I think there's loads of memorable moments personally (but I'm a massive fan of Brian so that's probably why there is for me since he was BB2).

Edit: I haven't seen BB12

LaLaLand
11-03-2016, 07:14 PM
BB12.

BB2 was brilliant and so memorable!!

Shaun
11-03-2016, 07:15 PM
12, 14 and 11 are all fairly unmemorable, and I'm sure 16 will join that list down the line.

From the golden age... admittedly BB4 even though I enjoyed it.

Mystic Mock
11-03-2016, 07:21 PM
Well a terrible series, or a really strong series isn't going to be forgettable for me, so I've voted for BB9 which hit that in between area.