PDA

View Full Version : From a production perspective?

Mystic Mock
12-03-2016, 10:20 PM
Who would you have evicted from each series of Big Brother that you've watched? But not based on who you personally liked but instead from a production perspective where you would have to keep the ratings going.

Btw you can pick out of anyone even if they wasn't up in the individual week, and pretend that nobody walked during these series.

I'll start from BB3.

Week 1 - Sunita Evicted
Week 2 - Spencer Evicted
Week 3 - PJ Evicted
Week 4 - Lynne Evicted
Week 5 - Sandy Evicted
Week 6 - Alison Evicted
Week 7 - Jonny & Lee Evicted
Week 8 - Tim & Kate Evicted

Final:

Adele
Alex
Jade
Sophie

4th Place - Adele
3rd Place - Alex (his my favourite in this series but the final two prospect of the other two sounds more exciting to me)
2nd Place - Jade (a bigger contributor to the series than Sophie, but too unlikable for the public to accept as the winner imo)
1st Place - Sophie (Genuinely likable, and tbf did have some quirks of her own that makes her more interesting as a winner than Kate)

BB5:

Week 1 - Vanessa Evicted
Week 2 - Kitten Evicted
Week 3 - Becki Evicted
Week 4 - Stuart Evicted
Week 5 - Shell Evicted
Week 6 - Ahmed Evicted
Week 7 - Emma Evicted
Week 8 - Marco Evicted
Week 9 - Jason Evicted

Final:

Dan
Michelle
Nadia
Victor

4th Place - Michelle
3rd Place - Victor
2nd Place - Nadia
1st Place - Dan (Again a safe winner that wouldn't offend the audience I feel)

BB6:

Week 1 - Eugene Evicted
Week 2 - Sam Evicted
Week 3 - Mary Evicted
Week 4 - Kinga Evicted (A few weeks of fun but cut her short before she starts to grate would be my tactic)
Week 5 - Anthony Evicted
Week 6 - Orlaith Evicted
Week 7 - Lesley Evicted
Week 8 - Maxwell Evicted
Week 9 - Vanessa Evicted
Week 10 - Roberto Evicted
Week 11 - Derek Evicted
Week 12 - Craig Evicted

Final:

Kemal
Makosi
Saskia
Science

4th Place - Saskia
3rd Place - Makosi
2nd Place - Kemal
1st Place - Science

BB7:

Week 1 - Bonnie & Jennie Evicted
Week 2 - Dawn & Spiral Evicted
Week 3 - George & Susie Evicted
Week 4 - Shahbaz Evicted
Week 5 - Lisa Evicted
Week 6 - Jayne Evicted
Week 7 - Sam & Mikey Evicted
Week 8 - Pete Evicted
Week 9 - Nikki Evicted (Just as she really starting to get on everybody's nerves)
Week 10 - Glyn Evicted
Week 11 - Michael Evicted
Week 12 - Sezer & Lea Evicted

Final:

Aisleyne
Grace
Imogen
Richard

4th Place - Aisleyne
3rd Place - Grace
2nd Place - Richard
1st Place - Imogen (The only one that the public wouldn't switch off at winning that would be acceptable to me)

BB8 (I don't know if I can be fair here so I'll jump straight to BB9)

BB9:

Week 1 - Dennis & Stuart Evicted (we've already got Dale and Rex fighting for the same vote so there's no need for Stuart who's the dullest of the 3)
Week 2 - Maysoon & Mohamed Evicted
Week 3 - Jennifer & Nicole Evicted
Week 4 - Belinda Evicted
Week 5 - Alexandra Evicted
Week 6 - Stephanie Evicted
Week 7 - Mikey & Sylvia Evicted
Week 8 - Mario Evicted
Week 9 - Sara Evicted
Week 10 - Rachel Evicted
Week 11 - Dale Evicted
Week 12 - Darnell & Kathreya Evicted

Final:

Lisa
Luke
Rebecca
Rex

4th Place - Rebecca
3rd Place - Luke
2nd Place - Rex
1st Place - Lisa

BB10:

Week 1 - Tom & Saffia Evicted
Week 2 - Kris & Hira Evicted
Week 3 - Karly & Charlie Evicted
Week 4 - Beinazir Evicted
Week 5 - Angel Evicted
Week 6 - Isaac Evicted
Week 7 - Kenneth Evicted
Week 8 - Lisa & Angel Evicted
Week 9 - Sree & Noirin
Week 10 - David Evicted
Week 11 - Cairon Evicted
Week 12 - Sophia & Bea Evicted

Final:

Freddie
Marcus
Sophie
Siavash

4th Place - Marcus
3rd Place - Freddie
2nd Place - Sophie
1st Place - Siavash (they both refused to nominate so I think that the more interesting winner will be the one to entice the public to come back for another season here as he wasn't particularly offensive)

BB11:

Week 1 - Steve & Laura Evicted
Week 2 - Jo & Keeley Evicted
Week 3 - JJ2 & Nathan Evicted
Week 4 - Andrew Evicted
Week 5 - Caoimhe Evicted
Week 6 - Ife Evicted
Week 7 - Sam & Rachel Ifon Evicted
Week 8 - Shabby Evicted
Week 9 - Mario Evicted
Week 10 - Dave Evicted
Week 11 - John James Evicted
Week 12 - Rachael White & Sunshine Evicted

Final:

Ben
Corin
Govan
Josie

4th Place - Corin
3rd Place - Govan
2nd Place - Ben
1st Place - Josie (I know that she divides people on the Forums, but she was the safest choice out of this series imo without having to pick a dullard)

BB12:

Week 1 - Jem Evicted
Week 2 - Faye Evicted
Week 3 - Maisy Evicted
Week 4 - Aden Evicted
Week 5 - Louise Evicted
Week 6 - Mark Evicted
Week 7 - Tom Evicted
Week 8 - Heaven & Rebeckah
Week 9 - Jay & Harry Evicted

Final:

Aaron
Alex
Anton
Tashie

4th Place - Tashie
3rd Place - Anton
2nd Place - Aaron
1st Place - Alex

BB13:

Week 1 - Sara & Scott Evicted (they didn't contribute anything to the series)
Week 2 - Becky & Conor Evicted
Week 3 - Victoria Evicted
Week 4 - Ashleigh Evicted
Week 5 - Benedict Evicted
Week 6 - Caroline Evicted
Week 7 - Shievonne Evicted
Week 8 - Arron Evicted
Week 9 - Chris Evicted
Week 10 - Lydia Evicted
Week 11 - Lauren Evicted

Final:

Adam
Deana
Luke A
Luke S

4th Place - Adam
3rd Place - Deana
2nd Place - Luke S (the Villain that gets thwarted at the last moment)
1st Place - Luke A (Ch5 picked quite well here)

BB14:

Week 1 - Sophie Evicted
Week 2 - Charlie Evicted
Week 3 - Sallie Evicted
Week 4 - Daley Evicted
Week 5 - Jack And Joe Evicted
Week 6 - Wolfy Evicted
Week 7 - Jemima Evicted
Week 8 - Callum Evicted
Week 9 - Sam Evicted
Week 10 - Dexter Evicted

Final:

Dan
Gina
Hazel
Jackie

4th Place - Jackie
3rd Place - Dan
2nd Place - Hazel
1st Place - Gina

BB15:

Week 1 - Kimberly & Marlon Evicted
Week 2 - Tamara & Winston Evicted
Week 3 - Zoe & Pav Evicted
Week 4 - Biannca Evicted (before she starts to grate)
Week 5 - Pauline Evicted
Week 6 - Ash & Danielle Evicted
Week 7 - Matthew & Toya Evicted
Week 8 - Steven Evicted
Week 9 - Jale & Chris Evicted

Final:

Ashleigh
Christopher
Helen
Mark

4th Place - Mark
3rd Place - Ashleigh
2nd Place - Helen
1st Place - Christopher (it's not going to offend anybody like the other three would)

BB16:

Week 1 - Simon & Nick Evicted (neither contributed anything entertaining)
Week 2 - Chloe & Danny Evicted
Week 3 - Eileen Evicted
Week 4 - Joel Evicted
Week 5 - Harriet Evicted (just as she starts to really grate on the public)
Week 6 - Marc & Jade Evicted
Week 7 - Cristian Evicted
Week 8 - Amy And Sally & Harry Amelia Evicted
Week 9 - Adjoa & Aaron Evicted

Final:

Jack
Kieran
Sam
Sarah

4th Place - Sam
3rd Place - Jack
2nd Place - Sarah
1st Place - Kieran

What would you do if you was production? And do you think that it would have meant better ratings for the show?

Headie
12-03-2016, 10:25 PM
4th Place - Michelle
3rd Place - Victor
2nd Place - Nadia
1st Place - Dan (Again a safe winner that wouldn't offend the audience I feel)

I'd be offended if Dan won over Michelle, Victor and Nadia
https://33.media.tumblr.com/bbb0caa5524a00e68a250cfb656e11a3/tumblr_inline_o3y78t5DQT1sbtug2_500.gif

Jason.
13-03-2016, 12:49 AM
I don't really get the 'they won't offend anybody' or 'they're inoffensive so they won't offend the public if they win' tag that you've literally just given to every winner that you've chosen.

Like I doubt a Nadia win will offend the public nor would most others that you've given second place to just because of fear of the public being offended. :laugh:

Especially when you've chosen Siavash (someone who broke the fundamental rules of the game and refused to nominate on several occasions) as one of the winners of Big Brother. Or having a controversial housemate like Jade Goody 2nd place over someone like Alex who was far less offensive/divisive than she was.

Mystic Mock
13-03-2016, 12:54 AM
I don't really get the 'they won't offend anybody' or 'they're inoffensive so they won't offend the public if they win' tag that you've literally just given to every winner that you've chosen.

Like I doubt a Nadia win will offend the public nor would most others that you've given second place to just because of fear of the public being offended. :laugh:

Especially when you've chosen Siavash (someone who broke the fundamental rules of the game and refused to nominate on several occasions) as one of the winners of Big Brother. Or having a controversial housemate like Jade Goody 2nd place over someone like Alex who was far less offensive/divisive than she was.

Sophie did all of that as well and was less interesting than Siavash, Freddie had become deeply unpopular by the end, and Marcus repulsed people, and the others? Nope.

And Nadia's win did see a ratings drop for BB6 on it's Launch Night and that can't be a coincidence.

And I don't mind having offensive people finishing elsewhere other than winning tbh as every time it has happened the ratings drop.

Jason.
13-03-2016, 01:12 AM
Sophie did all of that as well and was less interesting than Siavash, Freddie had become deeply unpopular by the end, and Marcus repulsed people, and the others? Nope.

And Nadia's win did see a ratings drop for BB6 on it's Launch Night and that can't be a coincidence.

And I don't mind having offensive people finishing elsewhere other than winning tbh as every time it has happened the ratings drop.

How do you know the ratings for BB6's launch dropped because of Nadia's win though? She won with over 70% of the public vote - a big landslide. So the majority of the public loved her. It wasn't a one-off divisive result like Helen's win for example, where it was extremely close between her and her opponent.

The lower ratings for BB6's launch could've been due to many other factors. Not necessarily because of Nadia's win. I mean BB5's launch only did well because it launched off the back of the last ever episode of Friends. I doubt it would've done as well if it launched at 8.30 the following Friday or something.

Pete wasn't really an offensive winner, yet BB8 still saw a ratings drop not only in its first week, but also as a series. I mean I get it launched months after the highly controversial CBB5, which probably contributed slightly to the fall in ratings. But Shilpa wasn't offensive either. Same could go to someone as inoffensive as Rachel Rice winning BB9, yet BB10 still saw another heavy ratings drop.

The only time the BIB could apply for is Helen's win where I wouldn't be surprised if people switched off because of the farce allegations etc. But I don't doubt that the fact that BB15 was also an awful series or people getting bored of CBB15 might've put people off BB16, hence why that suffered a ratings drop. As well as the awful scheduling or lack of promo for that series.

Mystic Mock
13-03-2016, 01:25 AM
How do you know the ratings for BB6's launch dropped because of Nadia's win though? She won with over 70% of the public vote - a big landslide. So the majority of the public loved her. It wasn't a one-off divisive result like Helen's win for example, where it was extremely close between her and her opponent.

The lower ratings for BB6's launch could've been due to many other factors. Not necessarily because of Nadia's win. I mean BB5's launch only did well because it launched off the back of the last ever episode of Friends. I doubt it would've done as well if it launched at 8.30 the following Friday or something.

Pete wasn't really an offensive winner, yet BB8 still saw a ratings drop not only in its first week, but also as a series. I mean I get it launched months after the highly controversial CBB5, which probably contributed slightly to the fall in ratings. But Shilpa wasn't offensive either. Same could go to someone as inoffensive as Rachel Rice winning BB9, yet BB10 still saw another heavy ratings drop.

The only time the BIB could apply for is Helen's win where I wouldn't be surprised if people switched off because of the farce allegations etc. But I don't doubt that the fact that BB15 was also an awful series or people getting bored of CBB15 might've put people off BB16, hence why that suffered a ratings drop. As well as the awful scheduling or lack of promo for that series.

1. Nadia only won by that much because nearly everybody (including a lot of Victor fans) hated Jason, if she had've faced anybody else at the final two and it probably would've been much more of a fight, and besides 29 to 30% of the public not just disliking but hating one particular winner is gonna see a ratings drop.

2. Pete was an offensive winner, he played multiple girls off against each other, called Sezer a wanker when Sezer had his argument with Richard not him, and his win was inevitable from the start which makes the public feel like it was a waste of time watching 13 weeks of a Show that everybody already knew the result too on Launch Night.

3. Rachel Rice didn't play Big Brother which was to have social interactions and opinions on Music, Politics, TV Shows, Movies, or her actual Housemates until after Nicole left which the public will have noted, then there was the fact that there was reports about BB10 not having much Live Feed killed it's ratings off.

Jason.
13-03-2016, 02:30 AM
1. Nadia only won by that much because nearly everybody (including a lot of Victor fans) hated Jason, if she had've faced anybody else at the final two and it probably would've been much more of a fight, and besides 29 to 30% of the public not just disliking but hating one particular winner is gonna see a ratings drop.

I doubt it would've been much more of a fight if she had faced anyone else. Shell and Dan couldn't even muster up enough votes to win to even outlast someone as unpopular as Jason was. Vanessa, Marco, Becki, and Ahmed weren't really popular at all by the time they were evicted. If it was Victor against her, she still would've won to a landslide - maybe not as big as her victory to Jason. Victor probably would've got around 5-10% more than Jason did to win. Victor was also hated at the time as were all the Jungle Cats. Michelle lost a considerable amount of support within the space of week which led to her being evicted with almost 70% of the vote against 5 other people including Jason. Emma probably would've been a good fight as she was quite popular, but who's to say her popularity would've maintained itself as the weeks went by if she wasn't ejected?

And this really doesn't explain why Nadia was such an offensive winner that the ratings for BB6 dropped because of her?

2. Pete was an offensive winner, he played multiple girls off against each other, called Sezer a wanker when Sezer had his argument with Richard not him, and his win was inevitable from the start which makes the public feel like it was a waste of time watching 13 weeks of a Show that everybody already knew the result too on Launch Night.

All of those things you've named are quite tame in comparison to what else happened in BB7. Such as the bullying of Shahbaz, practically the entire existence of Grace, golden ticket fix allegations, the bringing back of an evicted HM making them eligible to win the prize fund just a week before the show was scheduled to end. Was Pete in the center of any of those big controversies that BB7 was faced with?

If anything Anthony was more of an offensive winner than Pete ever was. He was involved in Poolgate alongside Makosi (who even faced high levels criticism from the public for it), using racial slurs such 'Malteaser head' in an argument with a black person. If he said that two years later, he would've been chucked out for it.

And as for him calling Sezer a wanker behind his back that one time being noted as 'offensive moment' is quite hilarious given you've once stated that Sezer didn't bully anybody.

3. Rachel Rice didn't play Big Brother which was to have social interactions and opinions on Music, Politics, TV Shows, Movies, or her actual Housemates until after Nicole left which the public will have noted, then there was the fact that there was reports about BB10 not having much Live Feed killed it's ratings off.

I'm not even going to reply to that thing about the BB game being about having opinions on music and politics and what not. And how Rachel didn't play etc. But your Live Feed being the reason why BB10 ratings slashed proves my point that the winner of a previous series (be it offensive or not) isn't usually at fault for ratings possibly dropping in subsequent series and that other factors usually can/do play a part. For example, decrease in television viewership that year, change in quality of the show, weather, the extent of promotion, viewers getting bored of the show and therefore turn off etc.

I'd also like to say in regards to Nadia's and Pete's wins. Both their finals peaked at over 8m (over 9m in Nadia's case) once they both left the house and were crowned the winners. If their winning results were so offensive, surely people would've turned off right after they had found out that they won their respective series? Like if I was so offended by a winning result on Big Brother, I wouldn't want to watch them coming out of the house £100k richer to celebratory fireworks, being greeted to cheers and watch a 10 minute interview of them just talking about themselves.

Mystic Mock
13-03-2016, 04:10 AM
The majority of viewers liked Nadia and Pete, but the people that didn't like them really didn't like them and tuned out in the next series before even knowing what it was going to be like.

And I said that Sezer didn't bully anybody because he didn't bully anybody, Richard and Nikki was far worse to Shahbaz, especially Richard.

Babayaro.
13-03-2016, 08:10 AM
Pete and Nadia are two of the most popular winners lol. Like Jason said, Nadia would have beat anyone in the final. During the final few weeks the likes of Jason, Michelle and Victor's popularity were dropping, whilst Nadia's was increasing. The main reason for not as much people watching BB6, imo, was because of the amount of controversy Fight Night had caused, not Nadia winning lmao

Cal.
13-03-2016, 09:09 AM
I don't think BB6 wasn't watched as much as people didn't enjoy the hostility and constant arguing. Popular series' like BB3 and BB5 got the mix between arguments/bitching and funny moments whereas a lot of people saw BB6 as just arguments and bitching and no funny moments (which is wrong considering BB6 has lots of funny moments looking back and is without a doubt the best series).

Cal.
13-03-2016, 09:12 AM
Emma was the only one who could have put up a fight against Nadia for the win but like Jason says, her popularity would have probably declined too like Michelle, Victor and Ahmed's did.

Jamie89
13-03-2016, 09:55 AM
The majority of viewers liked Nadia and Pete, but the people that didn't like them really didn't like them and tuned out in the next series before even knowing what it was going to be like.

And I said that Sezer didn't bully anybody because he didn't bully anybody, Richard and Nikki was far worse to Shahbaz, especially Richard.

I think you're assuming a lot about why viewing figures changed series to series tbh. There are so many reasons viewing habits changed and honestly I don't think it had anything to do with the winners. And I kinda disagree with some of your choices as to who would have been less 'controversial' winners. Using Nadia as an example, it would have been extremely controversial if she hadn't have won. She was lauded at the time and it was regarded as one of the best finals because of her win. We use 'iconic' a lot :laugh: but Nadia's win really was iconic. It could just as easily be argued that a lot of viewers would have turned off had she not won because she was so popular and such a massive favourite with viewers. I think most of the winners in your scenarios (with a few exceptions) are generally considered to be quite dull so them winning wouldn't have helped the franchise at all.

The main flaw with what your saying though is in this:
If the logic in this is correct, and people would likely tune out because they don't get the winner they want, then like you've said, the 'majority' would have tuned out had Nadia or Pete not won, and so had the results been different, ratings would have dropped even more. You're argument is held up under the assumption that the people who didn't like Nadia/Pete felt more strongly about their dislike of them, than their fans felt about their like for them, but I don't see how that assumption can be backed up?

Loving how much thought you've put into the OP though :clap1: It makes me think it would actually be quite an interesting concept to have a series of BB where the producers decided. (Although it could be said that they already do to quite a large extent :laugh:)

Lostie!
13-03-2016, 12:03 PM

Sezer definitely bullied Shahbaz, I can't understand why anyone would think he didn't actually.

Jason.
13-03-2016, 01:52 PM

In regards to Richard and Nikki being worse to Shahbaz. I agree with Richard, as he was up there with one of the worst. But I don't understand how if Richard was as bad, Sezer also wasn't. I mean both Sezer and Richard played the exact same role in the bullying of Shahbaz and both of them were equally as bad as each other and were by far the worst two in that situation.

Honestly, I'm not one of Nikki's biggest defenders when it comes to her BB7 stint, but apart from that "hurt him more" comment she didn't really do anything else. And even that comment as spiteful as it was, wasn't as nasty as some of the things Richard and Sezer both did and said or even Lea or Lisa (who were worse than Nikki in the treatment of Shahbaz) and this is coming from a Lea fan. I mean Sezer and Lisa throwing his bowl of cereal down the sink several times and then accusing him of wasting the food when he went to refill his bowl again and then locking him in the garden and suggesting he'd slip him some bacon crisps through the garden door when he gets hungry like he was some sort of zoo animal makes Sezer's actions in the treatment of Shahbaz far far worse than Nikki's. It seems like you're overlooking Sezer's nasty side in the whole situation just because you happen to like him and keep passing the blame to the housemates you like least.

Cal.
13-03-2016, 02:00 PM
Nikki honestly barely interacted with Shahbaz and I re watched Shahbaz's full stint a few weeks ago.

Jason.
13-03-2016, 02:00 PM
I don't think BB6 wasn't watched as much as people didn't enjoy the hostility and constant arguing. Popular series' like BB3 and BB5 got the mix between arguments/bitching and funny moments whereas a lot of people saw BB6 as just arguments and bitching and no funny moments (which is wrong considering BB6 has lots of funny moments looking back and is without a doubt the best series).

I agree with this.

BB6's ratings drop was due to many of the viewers finding the series quite uncomfortable to watch at the time due to the volatile nature of that series and there being no rootable characters as they were all quite unlikable and nasty. So people didn't enjoy watching it. It's the same with the general public who don't favour BB13 as a series or the best C5 series because of that same reason of it being quite uncomfortable to watch.

Even ten years ago, I thought the same as BB5 was my first series and I absolutely loved it and thought it had a mix of everything. But then once BB6 ended, I didn't enjoy it at as much as BB5 at the time and found it quite hard to get into. Obviously it has aged well with me over the years hence it being my favourite ever series.

Babayaro.
13-03-2016, 02:02 PM
Well said Jason. I don't see how anyone can say Sezer did not bully Shahbaz. I liked Richard and he was one of my favourite housemates that year, but I can admit that his treatment towards Shahbaz was inexcusable, and was definitely worth a formal warning

Babayaro.
13-03-2016, 02:06 PM
Looking back, the only 'rootable character' was Eugene lmao

Dominic
13-03-2016, 02:20 PM
Looking back, the only 'rootable character' was Eugene lmao

Justice 4 Vanny

Lostie!
13-03-2016, 02:20 PM
Nikki honestly barely interacted with Shahbaz and I re watched Shahbaz's full stint a few weeks ago.

That doesn't mean she wasn't involved in the bullying. She was, very willingly, and judging from the way she ran around in fits of laughter at some of it she was absolutely loving it.

I don't know why people keep making a hierarchy of how bad / not as bad people were. Everybody involved (which was, frankly, most of them) was as bad as each other for the fact that they chose to contribute to the isolation and bullying of someone and thought that what they were doing was justified because of Shahbaz's difficult nature.

The only one of the originals I thought had a shred of decency was Pete (and even he joined in that time they all walked out of the living area when Shahbaz walked in).

(Sorry Mock, this is kind of veering off topic but I'm very opinionated on this subject. :laugh:)

Babayaro.
13-03-2016, 02:31 PM
Yeah, Pete was the only one who came out of that mess with a shred of decency. I remember that Imogen didn't play a big part and stated that she felt bad for Shahbaz. George looked set to be on Shahbaz' side when he decided to stay sitting with him, but then moments later would steal his towel and clothes from him as he was in the swimming pool. He obviously only decided to not leave the room with everyone else as it would make him look good

Mystic Mock
16-03-2016, 04:05 AM
This has been an interesting read.