PDA

View Full Version : How diverse are the BB Australia casts?

Headie
23-03-2016, 09:58 AM
I know Season 10 is quite diverse in terms of background and ethnicities, but when I watched Season 5 it was an all white cast. It was still an amazing season but it would've been even better if the cast were more different and not all too similar.

Which seasons are the ones with the most diverse casts? I was planning on watching S8 next, is that diverse? (don't give any placement spoilers tho pls!)

LeatherTrumpet
23-03-2016, 10:40 AM
cant you just enjoy it without worrying about who has what skin pigmentation?

Headie
23-03-2016, 10:58 AM

I did enjoy BBAUS5 actually, thanks for asking! :)

Jamie89
23-03-2016, 11:17 AM
Cultural diversity adds an extra element imo, makes it more interesting to watch

Headie
23-03-2016, 11:36 AM
Cultural diversity adds an extra element imo, makes it more interesting to watch

I agree! The whole point of BB is seeing how people from different backgrounds and environments react together under one roof!

Was just wondering how diverse BBAU casts were because I know the country is predominantly white with only a small proportion of aboriginal/black/asian citizens. This is often reflected on Australia's Next Top Model when there is usually only one ethnic girl per season.

LukeB
23-03-2016, 12:06 PM
BB10 is deffo diverse (same as BBUK season 10)

but i don't really know about the rest, BB11 isn't to me that's like a C5 casting.

Dominic
23-03-2016, 12:47 PM
Depends on if you want character diversity, or just ethnic diversity which usually doesnt make a difference imo.

LemonJam
23-03-2016, 12:58 PM
I agree! The whole point of BB is seeing how people from different backgrounds and environments react together under one roof!

Was just wondering how diverse BBAU casts were because I know the country is predominantly white with only a small proportion of aboriginal/black/asian citizens. This is often reflected on Australia's Next Top Model when there is usually only one ethnic girl per season.

There's a fairly large Asian population but Latino, Middle Eastern and particularly Black population is low. There's a fair amount of Aboriginal people but unfortunately there's a lot of social issues there so they don't really appear in the media.

Headie
23-03-2016, 01:43 PM
Depends on if you want character diversity, or just ethnic diversity which usually doesnt make a difference imo.

Both tbh which is why BB6 UK was so good

Headie
23-03-2016, 01:44 PM
There's a fairly large Asian population but Latino, Middle Eastern and particularly Black population is low. There's a fair amount of Aboriginal people but unfortunately there's a lot of social issues there so they don't really appear in the media.

Oh really? I'm surprised the Asian population is quite large as I've rarely seen that many asians on Australian tv programmes. I know BBAU has cast a fair few aboriginal HMs but I'm guessing from what you've said that BBAU is probably the only show that casts multiple aboriginees.