PDA

View Full Version : BB7 - does it get dull?

Daniel.
02-04-2016, 04:00 PM
This debate has been raging since 2006 so let's dicuss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think it does, but only for like a week......

Dominic
02-04-2016, 04:01 PM
It doesn't get dull, it just becomes less entertaining while still entertaining

Daniel.
02-04-2016, 04:02 PM
I kind of agree. But I think the week post Nikki is genuinely boring.

reece(:
I want to know why those who prefer Aisleyne still say it gets duller when Nikki leaves whilst she remains?

Daniel.
I want to know why those who prefer Aisleyne still say it gets duller when Nikki leaves whilst she remains?

I prefer Nikki tho

Oaker
Post Nikki is rather dull but Aisleyne and Susie keep is somewhat entertaining.

Daniel.
02-04-2016, 04:03 PM
I think it loses momentum post HND though.

Dominic
02-04-2016, 04:03 PM
I mean BB15 got 100% ruined post-Toya but Toya isnt my #1

I prefer Ais to Nikki bc of Nikki 2.0 tho

Pete.
02-04-2016, 04:04 PM
I'm in a minority that doesn't think so. Sure it has a different pace than the Nikki days but its still watchable.

- Aisleyne emerges as a villain and then turns into a fave to win :love:
- Susie shines and constantly came for Spiral :clap1:
- Jayne's unintentional messiness was amazing, especially when she randomly dragged Aisleyne in front of her.
- The prison task was amazing
- Jennie is an underrated gem and her Mikey lashings are forgotten.
- The game board task <3

It does depend on what type of housemate you like/support/enjoy watching.

Cal.
From Day 58 until Day 83 it's literally carried by one housemate (Aisleyne) and theres no one for her to bounce off for her to make the show good. (A Jayne and Aisleyne rivalry would have been interesting - since that's what Jayne seemed to be aiming for before her eviction). So yeah, it could have been good if Jayne was never evicted in week 9 but she was so it kinda turned dull.

reece(:
Well what's the difference with Nikki being there and her not if it's not do with ha?

Daniel.
02-04-2016, 04:05 PM
How I would sum it up

Weeks 1 - 4 - amazing. some of the ebst Bb ever.
Weeks 5 - 6 - Great
Weeks 7 - 8 - Decent, but lacking a bit.
Week 9 - Boring
Week 10 - 11 - Good tasks but not much else.
Week 12 - Amazing
Week 13 - OK but a bit annoying.

Dominic
02-04-2016, 04:06 PM
From Day 58 until Day 83 it's literally carried by one housemate (Aisleyne) and theres no one for her to bounce off for her to make the show good. (A Jayne and Aisleyne rivalry would have been interesting - since that's what Jayne seemed to be aiming for before her eviction). So yeah, it could have been good if Jayne was never evicted in week 9 but she was so it kinda turned dull.
and Suse

Daniel.
02-04-2016, 04:07 PM
Imogen and Aisleyne friendship was my favourite thing post HND.

reece(:
02-04-2016, 04:08 PM
Imogen is looked over too much

Dominic
Also Nikki had moments that I didn't like while I always liked Ais

anyways back to BB7 being dull/not dull discussion

Cal.
Mess I forgot Immy existed for a sec

Daniel.
Yeah, she was way more entertaining than Susie (this was only fun when Macie stanned her before you all jumped on the train)

Cal.
02-04-2016, 04:10 PM
So yeah it gets dull from Nikki's eviction until HND 2.0.

However, Nikki's eviction didn't singlehandedly make the show dull. It was the consecutive Grace/Lisa/Lea/Nikki evictions as a collective that did that. Nikki was just the final bitch queen to go.

Daniel.
02-04-2016, 04:11 PM
Why do people always think it was dull when Nikki went? It had dull moments way before she left imo.

Cal.
02-04-2016, 04:15 PM
It starts getting dull with the HND merge. They are truly the worst newbies ever. The only saving grace is that the whole thing with them in the HND revolved around Aisleyne. Jayne's okay but compared to most of the female cast she's nothing special and is only liked because of the point of the show she was in. Had she had her stint in the early weeks I don't think she'd be praised as much since there was so many more interesting characters than her then.

Jason.
02-04-2016, 04:17 PM
I enjoyed the post-Nikki weeks of BB7. I do admit that once she went it wasn't the same and the series decreased in quality considerably when you compare it to Weeks 3-4 (which were amazing), but it was still good after she went and tbh the only post-Nikki week I didn't enjoy was Week 9 as it was kinda dull. But Weeks 10-12 were enjoyable enough.

I think out of the 13 week series, BB7 holds it up the best. Well compared to BB8 it does anyway where the show completely dies post Charley/Chanelle. Idr BB9/10.

reece(:
02-04-2016, 04:18 PM
The show rightfully lost millions of viewers after they axed Nikki

Daniel.
02-04-2016, 04:18 PM
Week 1 and 2 were just as good as 3 and 4.

Cal.
02-04-2016, 04:19 PM
Our Nik must have been so confused with the conflicting and ever changing public perception of ha

Daniel.
02-04-2016, 04:19 PM
I enjoyed the post-Nikki weeks of BB7. I do admit that once she went it wasn't the same and the series decreased in quality considerably when you compare it to Weeks 3-4 (which were amazing), but it was still good after she went and tbh the only post-Nikki week I didn't enjoy was Week 9 as it was kinda dull. But Weeks 10-12 were enjoyable enough.

I think out of the 13 week series, BB7 holds it up the best. Well compared to BB8 it does anyway where the show completely dies post Charley/Chanelle. Idr BB9/10.

But it's not just post Nikki weeks why do people always presume that lolk the second dullest week is probably the HND week imo. Lea vs Aisleyne vs Nikki is the last confrontation in weeks. That plus dull housemates it was bound to get dull, on top of that good housemates getting evicted.

Daniel.
02-04-2016, 04:20 PM
BB7 could have so easily been the best series ever with a better eviction order and if it was three weeks less.

Daniel.
02-04-2016, 04:20 PM
BB10 did well to sustain btw......

reece(:
02-04-2016, 04:26 PM
But it's not just post Nikki weeks why do people always presume that lolk the second dullest week is probably the HND week imo. Lea vs Aisleyne vs Nikki is the last confrontation in weeks. That plus dull housemates it was bound to get dull, on top of that good housemates getting evicted.
Jennie and Jayne had a big blowup the following week, and Nikki/Spiral

TomC
02-04-2016, 04:39 PM
I think it does tbh. I didn't like the last three weeks very much. It just dragged.

Headie
02-04-2016, 04:42 PM
I'd actually say it gets boring post-Jayne, but even then Susie comes from out of nowhere and shines like the star she is :love: She isn't capable of carrying the show on her own tho bless her, and Aisleyne gets slightly less airtime once she hears the crowd chanting her out.

Richard/Pete/Mikey/Glyn all get wayyyy too much airtime (and I still have 2 weeks left before I've finished my rewatch too :sleep:)

Babayaro.
02-04-2016, 04:59 PM
Compared to today's standards, no it doesn't. Obviously there's a clear dip in entertainment during the last few weeks but that's to be expected with most series

KingPrawn
07-04-2016, 09:28 PM
BB7 went down very sharply after four weeks. Most of the energy in the first four weeks came from Sezer and Grace. The producers wanted big evictions to counter the Love Island series on ITV so they engineered these two evictions. Trouble is, they forgot that you need certain characters, whether you like them or not, to pace the series along.

Aisleyne was all mouth but not much action. She would have loved a showmance but neither Sezer or Mikey showed any interest in her and she was not interested in Pete.

Nikki got on my nerves after a while and was putting on her tantrums towards the end of her stay.

Richard had no-one to play off after Sezer left (which he has admitted to me privately) and, apart from his daily diaryroom monologues, had nothing else to give.

Pete had shown everything he had in the first couple of days and didn't really show that much afterwards.

Tom4784
07-04-2016, 09:29 PM
Most BBs tend to lose steam near the end.

Pete.
07-04-2016, 09:30 PM
The producers wanted big evictions to counter the Love Island series on ITV so they engineered these two evictions. .

Looks at Jason :suspect:

Jason.
08-04-2016, 12:50 AM
Looks at Jason :suspect:

http://cdn.thisisbigbrother.com/customavatars/avatar82167_66.gif

Daniel.
11-07-2016, 11:16 AM
I'm gonna rewatch

Cal.
11-07-2016, 11:46 AM
The first 8 weeks<3

Daniel.
11-07-2016, 06:36 PM
Could have been the best series ever if Aisleyne and Sam were the only newbies and it was 10 weeks

reece(:
11-07-2016, 06:38 PM
And legend Jayne Kitt

Daniel.
11-07-2016, 06:39 PM
I use but she wouldn't have been needed if the eviction order was better

https://67.media.tumblr.com/6036e6ea4036ebd1fc3303920bdf5616/tumblr_o9iobskx9s1v9roxto9_400.gif

Daniel.
11-07-2016, 06:41 PM
Imagine no Spiral <3

MB.
11-07-2016, 06:44 PM
The producers wanted big evictions to counter the Love Island series on ITV

And ten years later, nothing has changed

iloveaisleyne
11-07-2016, 07:11 PM
I LOVED Jayne on BB7, she was such a troll. I think if she'd have stayed it would have been more entertaining. I wouldn't say BB7 got dull, but when I think of some of the things I thought were entertaining (jayne and spiral during their exam task, jayne calling aisleyne a bull****ter and denying it after [messy </3], glyn and pete in the showers, Nikki in the DR) I realized that they weren't really that entertaining compared to other seasons tbh

Jodie.
01-05-2017, 11:28 PM
Finished my rewatch, I think the first half definitely has the stand-out moments, but the second half has lots of little moments, so it's still entertaining but just not in the same way

Marsh.
02-05-2017, 01:37 AM
BB7 went down very sharply after four weeks. Most of the energy in the first four weeks came from Sezer and Grace. The producers wanted big evictions to counter the Love Island series on ITV so they engineered these two evictions.

Except Grace and Sezer were both long gone before Love Island even began airing.

Alf
17-07-2017, 01:10 PM
I've just watched it again.

I'd say it had the potential to be the best ever BB, but a few major things happened that took it in a direction for the worse.

First, Sezer being evicted. Sezer had just nights earlier dethroned Richard as the alpha of the house. Lea would have been best to go on that eviction, Sezer had so much to offer that series, and all Lea offered was feeling sorry for herself and crying.

Second, The Golden housemate Susie, and her putting up Grace and Nikki for eviction. Either way we would lose one of the two best girls in the series.

Third, Nikki being evicted out in an eleven horse race. How could they evict her over the likes of Susie, Spiral or Mikey? What sort of show did they want to watch?

And Glyn should have won, his journey in the house was better than anyone's, in any Big brother. Once the novelty of Pete's tourettes had worn off (which it did after a week) he was fairly boring. Pete won because of his disability, which is just wrong.

Littlegreen
23-07-2017, 11:11 PM
The week after Nikki's eviction was awful, she was such a huge character the house felt deflated.

I think the last week though tops it, I can still remember how irritable and stressed I felt watching the live feed... possibly that series was too long?

Ashley.
23-07-2017, 11:21 PM
No.

http://i.imgur.com/O2LPBri.gif

HBIC
24-07-2017, 10:28 AM
With the exception of the prison task and the automated Big Brother task, it does get dull after Nikki's eviction. There were some episodes that completely dragged on and on.

Underscore
24-07-2017, 10:29 AM
Na, not as dull as some C5 ones lmao

looper007
11-12-2017, 07:26 AM
Imogen is looked over too much

She was useless, sorry she was cute but she never offered up anything special to the show. Although I did like her friendship with Glynn cause you couldn't imagine two total opposites.

It's a weird one BB7 for me, I do think it's the last truly great BB UK of the Channel 4 era, after that it was downhill (although I did enjoy BB10 up to a point). It's heavily flawed though, it went on far too long, losing some of the more interesting characters far too early, having a clear winner in Pete from day one took the excitement out of it (I was a Pete fan but he did become boring halfway into it). The Whole Golden Ticket, House next Door and Nikki been put back in sucked. Plus I never understood the love in that Aisleyne got then and still gets now, she's probably the most overrated Housemate in BB history. I think the over reaction after she came back from the House next door after not voting in Jonathan, was so OTT and fake didn't help. The fake romance between Nikki and Pete stunk as well.

But BB7 does have a lot of positives, it has the best BB eviction in Sezer (the look on his cocky face was fantastic), one of the best villains in Grace, the first few weeks are probably the greatest in BB history. Nikki, before she acted up after she was voted out, was a great character. Glynn was likeable. I liked the Richard/Lea Combo. It was the last time BB felt like a big event too.

Eddie.
11-12-2017, 09:35 AM
BB7 gets supremely boring once Nikki leaves, Aisleyne was the star of the series, and the other HMs were the supporting cast...

looper007
11-12-2017, 07:35 PM
BB7 gets supremely boring once Nikki leaves, Aisleyne was the star of the series, and the other HMs were the supporting cast...

Disagree but respect you're opinion Eddie, no way in hell was Aisleyne the star of the show, I could name a few who made a bigger impact then her in BB7. I can't understand where this myth of her been this great housemate has come from :laugh:. I always thought she got some small fan base on BB forums cause it was clear Pete and Glynn were beloved of the BB producers and main audience, so the BB forums needed their underdog to cheer and she was clearly the least offensive one left. I can't think of a memorable thing she bought to the show. She needs to thank her die hard fans on these type of forum for making her seem more important then she really was.

Eddie.
11-12-2017, 11:52 PM
BB7 is one of those series which lasted too long, should have lasted the same length as BB6...the only 93-94 day series they get right, is BB9 and BB10...

Eddie.
11-12-2017, 11:53 PM
Disagree but respect you're opinion Eddie, no way in hell was Aisleyne the star of the show, I could name a few who made a bigger impact then her in BB7. I can't understand where this myth of her been this great housemate has come from :laugh:. I always thought she got some small fan base on BB forums cause it was clear Pete and Glynn were beloved of the BB producers and main audience, so the BB forums needed their underdog to cheer and she was clearly the least offensive one left. I can't think of a memorable thing she bought to the show. She needs to thank her die hard fans on these type of forum for making her seem more important then she really was.

I labelled that because of her role after Nikki's eviction...

Epic.
09-03-2018, 09:01 PM
It got as dull as BB6 did with each back-to-back eviction of Science/Kemal/Derek but just like BB6 i'd only say it got duller which doesn't necessarily mean dull.

The week after I was pretty uninterested by since most of it was just Richard unnecessarily picking on Michael and Jayne burping and farting in people's faces, but the week after that with the prison task and Aisleyne ending Spiral was enjoyable, as was the phone task the week after and Mikey somehow making enough of a tit of himself to get evicted over Susie :love:

The house next door twist happened then so you still had the looming possibility of housemates like Nikki coming back and then when she comes back with Lea, Grace and Mikey I'd argue it does get exciting for Grace's return or when Glyn argued against the house on her behalf. So all in all it's really only three and a half weeks of it not being as good as usual. I did notice though that once Nikki left they made the tasks a focal point of HL shows to possibly compensate for it and even though that's a possible flaw it still goes against the 'It got dull' argument imo. For a 93 day series, it still held itself together pretty well.

Epic.
09-03-2018, 11:39 PM
Week 1 and 2 were just as good as 3 and 4.

I firmly disagree https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/bigbrother/images/8/87/Shahbaz_2006.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/100?cb=20160601030034