PDA

View Full Version : Bury F.C. near extinction

Graeme
17-02-2002, 07:08 PM
This is a 'footie shockers' or something like that from the Daily Mail.

CASH-strapped Bury are two weeks away from extinction, say chairmen John Smith and Fred Mason. The 117-year-old club could fold when a court case begins on March 4, with creditors demanding repayment or £1million. A rescue bid is in tatters after it was revealed two men linked to it - John David Jones and Paul Barrett - are convicted fraudsters.

:bawling::bawling::bawling: What a shame for Bury!!!

LEE
17-02-2002, 07:15 PM
It is a shame. Fancy thinking someone was about to bail you out and then realise that they are just con men. :bawling:

They must be gutted.

Sticks
28-02-2003, 07:08 PM
What happened about this club ?

Did they go under ? :conf:

susieq
28-02-2003, 10:26 PM
Sticks - I think, as Graeme explained, we'll have to wait until the case comes to court on 4 March.

I hope something can be sorted out, it will be such a shame if Bury FC goes to the wall.

WILDCHILD
05-03-2003, 04:31 PM
I think it is a shame when football clubs go bust.
I don't know if anyone is from Port Vale but they are in debt at the moment and Robbie Williams is a devoted fan of the club. The club wrote to him to see if he could provide some cash for them to maintain their survival but it seems as though he turned it down.
Lets hope nothing too drastic happens with Bury. (as you probably noticed, I do like my football!)