PDA

View Full Version : Two GB transgender female athlete to compete

alex_front2
03-07-2016, 02:54 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3671937/Transgender-British-athletes-born-men-set-make-Olympic-history-competing-games-women.html

Two British athletes born as men set to compete as women in Olympics

The unnamed pair would make history as first transgender Olympians

But they fear being 'exposed and ridiculed' under the spotlight

Highly controversial.

This is beginning of end of women's sport Imo.

Jack_
03-07-2016, 03:04 PM
Great news :clap1:

Headie
03-07-2016, 03:18 PM
As much as I am here for equal rights and LGBT equality, I do worry that M2F trans athletes in particular will get a distinct advantage in competitive sports such as Olympic sports.

I mean we've already seen Catser Semenya this year in the Women's 800m who is an intersex athlete (meaning she is a woman and was born a woman but has abnormal levels of testosterone compared to the average woman) and she literally just jogs 700m and then cruises through all the other girls with 100m to go, she's practically guaranteed Gold and whilst it would be unfair to deny her the right to compete, it's clear that she has an obvious advantage over the other women. It's a shame as the Women's 800m has been an event filled with drug cheats for the past decade or so, and now just as the problem has mostly been resolved, situations like this happen where another unfair advantage occurs. It's a really tricky one to navigate around and I don't think there'll ever be a "fair" way of doing it tbh.

Vicky.
03-07-2016, 03:26 PM
Won't they have an advantage? Men are typically stronger and faster than women?

Of course, theres no way around that either I suppose as they aren't men now so if they were refused access to the womens races and such they couldn't enter fullstop :S

Nicky91
19-07-2016, 11:37 AM
great news :clap1:

TomC
19-07-2016, 11:45 AM
I share Hayden and Vicky's views. This is surely not a level playing field. I am all for trans rights, but this is not a fair competition.

LeatherTrumpet
19-07-2016, 12:01 PM
born as men?

Is that scientifically proven?