PDA

View Full Version : The Descent - Movie

Bells
09-02-2007, 05:33 PM
I'm not normally a fan of horror films, but I rented this out the other day and rather than it being scary as in 'ghost, supernatural' scary it was extremely gory and had me jumping a lot more than expected! I can't say whether I liked it or not too much without spoiling the plot completely, but I remember people thought because it was an all-girl cast it wouldn't be as entertaining. So I was just wondering what people who have seen it thought...

bonnie43uk
09-02-2007, 06:51 PM
Hi Ice maiden .. yeah, i saw this on sky movies about 2 months ago .. ( it was also the 1st ever film i saw in HD.. Excellent picture quality!!)

i'd heard in a chatroom ( it might even have been TiBB) that this was the best horror film they'd ever seen.

I thought it was ok.. ( 7.5/10 rating) .. like you say, quite a few "jump out of your seat" moments. I liked the build up to the actual descent itself, you get a good feel for the characters, .. it got a bit far fetched towards the end IMO, but overall, not a bad film.

If you wanna rent a really good film, try "Dead man's shoes" ..brilliant!!

zachary
09-02-2007, 08:04 PM
Ok.....this film is the scariest film I have ever seen EVVEERRR.
I was so scared to sleep that night, I got one of my friends to sleep with me but she was making that noise that them 'Gollum' creatures were making to freak me out...it worked.

Yh, i'm a wuss.

Rory
09-02-2007, 08:52 PM
SPOILERS

No offense to anyone who enjoyed this movie, but it was horrible.

Oh I know, the main character going crazy at the end! C.R.E.A.T.I.V.E.

Tsk, Tsk, Tsk. It did have something going for them, but they need a distinction in the characters. No character development. Weren't there two brunette girls without anything to say?

Ugh.

Diablo
19-02-2007, 12:04 PM
I thought it was OK.... but not much better than OK

Razmataz
28-03-2007, 01:12 PM
I remember watching this...and it was ok. nothing to drillingly scary.

In america it was released with the attatchment of the first viewing of the Saw 3 trailer...back in August last year.

People pilled pounds into it....just to watch the trailer...and because they're american and slightly bluewatered...they left without watching the movie?

ever heard of Youtube?

Rory
03-04-2007, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by Ryceratops!
I remember watching this...and it was ok. nothing to drillingly scary.

In america it was released with the attatchment of the first viewing of the Saw 3 trailer...back in August last year.

People pilled pounds into it....just to watch the trailer...and because they're american and slightly bluewatered...they left without watching the movie?

ever heard of Youtube?
Oh gosh, was that the only movie that did that? I remember seeing somewhere that us Americans did the same thing for another movie in the 90's or so. I want to say Beavis and Butt-head Do America.

D'oh, this will annoy me forever. I can't get the name.

Psylocke
03-04-2007, 02:15 AM
It was pretty mediocre stuff.I enjoyed it but was run of the mill horror.

THE_JUNK_MAN
07-05-2007, 12:32 AM
I enjoyed it.... quite a decent movie with a mostly female cast.... things cant be bad....:tongue: