PDA

View Full Version : Makeup spends

Josy
21-07-2016, 07:20 PM
Ladies or guys that wear makeup....how much do you spend on it?

Amy Jade
21-07-2016, 07:27 PM
Depends really, I got Kylie Jenner lip kits recently and paid over £60 for them, but they're genuinely really good quality.

I have MAC foundation but I'm not a huge make up wearer to be honest, if I'm going to work I wear just eyeliner which I just buy whatever cheap, think it's Avon atm

Josy
21-07-2016, 08:35 PM
Depends really, I got Kylie Jenner lip kits recently and paid over £60 for them, but they're genuinely really good quality.

I have MAC foundation but I'm not a huge make up wearer to be honest, if I'm going to work I wear just eyeliner which I just buy whatever cheap, think it's Avon atm
I like Avon mascara, I'm actually sitting here going through an Avon book atm 😀

kirklancaster
21-07-2016, 08:49 PM
I - obviously - do not buy make up now :hee:, but I was THE first to wear light 'guy-liner' in my locale, and the first to dare to use girls hair slides to keep my hair pristine as a young 'mod' back in the day.

It is so weird looking at old photos and remembering thinking that we 'bright young things' were being 'avant garde'.

T*
21-07-2016, 08:54 PM
this thread is reminding me when I dropped my friend's MAC foundation the other week
It shattered :bawling:

Kazanne
21-07-2016, 09:01 PM
I like Mac ,e.l.f and NYX Cosmetics and I like the Avon eyeliner .

Ammi
22-07-2016, 05:55 AM
..is MAC something to try, then..?...but hmmmm, I probably do spend more than I should really..I used to mainly use Boots No 7 because it's a pretty good all round range but someone bought me some Urban Decay eyeshadows/a palette which have been lovely..:lovedup:..so I've started to get some bits of that as well...I also use some Christian Dior products so eeeeek, yeah quite extravagant probably...

Wizard.
11-08-2016, 04:20 PM
The most expensive things I have in my bag is a £25 Benefit bronzer and a £30 smash box contour kit. I did have Armani makeup but it's too expensive and I like wearing the No7 matte foundation anyway.

LeatherTrumpet
11-08-2016, 04:38 PM
I have a bottle of Brut splash on lotion and Brut deodorant what I bought in blackpool

It was like £3.78 in Superdrug

LeatherTrumpet
11-08-2016, 04:38 PM
I - obviously - do not buy make up now :hee:, but I was THE first to wear light 'guy-liner' in my locale, and the first to dare to use girls hair slides to keep my hair pristine as a young 'mod' back in the day.

It is so weird looking at old photos and remembering thinking that we 'bright young things' were being 'avant garde'.

gay

jennyjuniper
11-08-2016, 04:41 PM
I like Avon mascara, I'm actually sitting here going through an Avon book atm 😀

They do some nice perfumes if you like flowery light scents.

jennyjuniper
11-08-2016, 04:43 PM

I remember it well Kirk. I was one of the first to wear a micro mini in our small town and a poor tractor driver nearly ran into the church wall because of it.:laugh::hehe:
By the way did you wear any of those old military uniforms (or was that the 70's?)

Josy
12-08-2016, 07:57 AM
They do some nice perfumes if you like flowery light scents.

I like the far away perfume, and body lotion.

Josy
12-08-2016, 07:57 AM
I spent £57.99 on makeup at the weekend :hee:

kirklancaster
12-08-2016, 07:59 AM
gay

:laugh::laugh::laugh: Yeah, that's what some old gits at the time called me. None of my really beautiful girlfriends seemed to mind though :laugh:

kirklancaster
12-08-2016, 08:00 AM
I spent £57.99 on makeup at the weekend :hee:

I've seen your pics - It's worth it to stay hot. :laugh:

kirklancaster
12-08-2016, 08:09 AM
I remember it well Kirk. I was one of the first to wear a micro mini in our small town and a poor tractor driver nearly ran into the church wall because of it.:laugh::hehe:
By the way did you wear any of those old military uniforms (or was that the 70's?)

Oh Jenny - now you've set me off. I LOVED those micro minis AND hot pants. Drool.

There was a brief spell, when I had my hair long and had the zapata moustache and wore - God I hate admitting this :laugh: - a kaftan, bell-bottom denim jeans, headband and bead chokers :laugh:.

I was a part-time Flower Child, a 'Plastic Hippie' :laugh:

The strange thing is, for that brief year or so of 'The Summer of Love' it WAS a beautiful and moving period, when we teenagers REALLY believed that we COULD change the world for the better. Sad now looking back.

I feel a song coming on:

7I0vkKy504U

Amy Jade
12-08-2016, 08:24 AM
..is MAC something to try, then..?...but hmmmm, I probably do spend more than I should really..I used to mainly use Boots No 7 because it's a pretty good all round range but someone bought me some Urban Decay eyeshadows/a palette which have been lovely..:lovedup:..so I've started to get some bits of that as well...I also use some Christian Dior products so eeeeek, yeah quite extravagant probably...
I use MAC a lot when I go out, it's studio make up so it's meant to last longer than a normal make up would - their foundations are amazing and the consultants are really helpful, id been using the wrong colour for ages until I got MAC. Their lipsticks are amazing, I've had more expensive brands like Chanel (for birthday presents) and they haven't held as well.

My fave is Velvet Teddy :lovedup:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/fd/ae/ed/fdaeedbb9ef54b98e2dc80707a2170e6.jpg