PDA

View Full Version : Teenage BigBrother

mcginn
23-04-2003, 10:59 AM
Hi, I found this on The Sun online.

BIG BROTHER bosses are plotting a teenage version of the hit show. Producers are hoping to lock teens in the famous house once this summers’ Channel 4 series draws to a close. A Teen Brother source said: “It’ll attract a lot of interest from youngsters who are desperate to be famous.

Sounds Good:colour:

Sticks
23-04-2003, 12:10 PM
Noooooooooo!!!!!!!
:shocked::bawling:

That is too far

Princess Pink Pants
23-04-2003, 01:26 PM
They wouldnt dare would they?!

We wouldnt get any funny drunken bits coz they wouldnt be allowed alcohol, we wouldnt get any sweet love storys, maybe a few crushes, and can U imagine the outrage if a couple of say 13 or 14 years olds were doing things under the covers!

I dont think they's risk it!

Stu xxx
23-04-2003, 02:26 PM
TeenBB would be totally wrong and i don't see them doing it somehow x If they did it would have so many different conventions that don't apply to the bb we all know and love x

Mind you they have doen things like Boys and Girls Alone programmes on Channel 4.

It would be interesting because teenage years are quite far apart - you put a 17 year old in a house with a few 13 year olds and there may be blood!

http://i.imdb.com/Photos/CMSIcons/emoticons/special/chainsaw.gif

Mark
23-04-2003, 03:24 PM
If it did go ahead, due to what PPP said, they would have to make it 16, 17, 18 and 19 year olds.

I don't see this working somehow, unless they take away the theme of "Big Brother" and make it into a holiday camp or something. Even then, it still wouldn't be as compulsive viewing as BB.

- Mark :dance:

Joey
23-04-2003, 06:46 PM
I think this is a great idea - even if it won't be as successful as BB4 - it puts the house to use lol!

I think I'll apply, but I doubt I'll be allowed in because I'm such a big fan and have a BB site!!

Joe
~x~

steve_o
23-04-2003, 07:50 PM
It would be like an episode of neighbours without Harold to keep then all in line. :laugh:

:spin:

Sticks
23-04-2003, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Joey
I think this is a great idea - even if it won't be as successful as BB4 - it puts the house to use lol!

So you have never heard of the Law of Diminishing returns then.

James
24-04-2003, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by steve_o
It would be like an episode of neighbours without Harold to keep then all in line. :laugh:

:spin:

Has anyone ever read Lord of the Flies?...

The Sun could have got their wires crossed here. Maybe Endemol are planning some sort of holiday camp type show but not one where the cameras would be around 24 hours a day.

If I remember rightly a teenage Survivor was talked about. Funnily enough that might seem to me less controversial than a teenage Big Brother. Maybe it's because I think the Survivor contestants get a better deal than BB housemates.

Interesting that the quote should come from our old friend the 'source' - long time no hear! :hugesmile:

WILDCHILD
24-04-2003, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by James
Has anyone ever read Lord of the Flies?...
I have James (good book) This teenage BB idea could link very much to th theme in that, 'evil can reside within anyone' when put in a difficult situation. Well, I wouldnt say evil but with no authoirty people can really go wild.:dance:

bigbrofan
27-04-2003, 12:30 PM
That would be cool, i'll be up for that.:xyxwave::xyxwave:

Kaz
23-05-2003, 01:39 PM
Well, it looks as though Teenage Big Brother could well become a reality, according to this article from Ananova:

Teenage Big Brother show being planned

A teenage version of Big Brother is being planned by Channel 4.

The working title of the show, currently in development, is Teen Big Brother: The Experiment.

It would be an educational schools programme, following the huge success of the hit reality show which begins its fourth series tonight.

Lysette Cohen, Channel 4 spokeswoman, said: "We are often looking at ways to extend the Big Brother brand and this is one of a number of ideas we have got in development."

Her comments follow remarks made by Heather Rabbatts, of Channel 4's educational arm 4Learning.

The Independent reported that at a conference in Lisbon, Rabbatts said: "We're going to take a group of young adults and see how they collaborate."

She added: "The most transferable areas for this type of educational programming are personal health, body awareness, and any show that highlights such issues around growing up, such as drugs, first jobs, leaving home for the first time."

The programme would most likely be made by Endemol, the Dutch-owned company which makes the adult versions of Big Brother.
An educational schools programme? :conf: Interesting!!!

bananarama
23-05-2003, 02:33 PM
Worth a try I suppose!! But I can't wait for the day when they have a BB for the over 80s :laugh::laugh::laugh:

BusyBee
23-05-2003, 03:49 PM
Just what I was thinking Banarama. I know a few sprightly 60 pluses who could have given last year's lot a run for their money.:hugesmile::dance:

As for a teenage house. There would be anarchy within a day especially if there were 13 year olds upwards.

BusyBee
23-05-2003, 03:49 PM
Just what I was thinking Banarama. I know a few sprightly 60 pluses who could have given last year's lot a run for their money.:hugesmile::dance:

As for a teenage house. There would be anarchy within a day especially if there were 13 year olds upwards.

Sticks
23-05-2003, 05:07 PM
Remember the Law of Diminishing Returns :nono: