PDA

View Full Version : Which Olympics sports are you looking forward to the most?

Jack_
01-08-2016, 12:19 AM
I couldn't include every single one in the poll individually (and the BBC, Wiki and the official site have different lists) so I've tried to cover the main ones :spin2:

Which are your favourites? Any new ones you think you'll be trying?

Black Dagger
01-08-2016, 12:20 AM
I watched a bit of everything in London, will do the same here.

I love swimming the most tbh, followed by Gymnastics and the Equestrian events <3.

Black Dagger
01-08-2016, 12:21 AM
Although the Omnium in Cycling with all the different events are so exciting, love the sprint lap and points race <3.

EspeonBB
01-08-2016, 12:25 AM
Athletics, Gymnastics and Tennis are the main 3 for me but I'll try and see a bit of everything

Jack_
01-08-2016, 12:28 AM
Swimming and athletics are top priorities for me, but I really got into handball and water polo in London so I'll be following those too, along with canoe slalom which looks so much fun :D

I'll dip in and out of badminton and table tennis, oh and rowing and track cycling when we inevitably do well

Alf
01-08-2016, 12:35 AM
Only interested in seeing Usain Bolt in the 100m, apart from that, it's a bore-fest for me.

If Rugby League and Darts were in it, then I'd be interested.

reece(:
01-08-2016, 12:36 AM
Swimming because I'm thirsty

Black Dagger
01-08-2016, 12:40 AM
Swimming because I'm thirsty

Watch Gymnastics for that as well, much more bulge tastic :clap1:

Drew.
01-08-2016, 12:41 AM
I probably could have clicked them all. I love the athletics, swimming, gymnastics, badminton, volleyball, table tennis and some of the cycling events the most though

reece(:
01-08-2016, 12:41 AM
Watch Gymnastics for that as well, much more bulge tastic :clap1:

I'll check her too, the Gymnasts are usually 7/10s though

AProducer'sWetDream
01-08-2016, 12:46 AM
Mainly swimming, cycling and athletics. If I'm not too busy, I'll give the rowing, gymnastics and tennis a go as well. I usually watch a bit of everything.

Novo
01-08-2016, 01:01 AM
Looking forward to KJT v Ennis-Hil v BTE in the Heptathlon the most closely followed by Cavendish, Kenny, Trott in the Velodrome and Frome Time Trail /Road Race, Rose/Willett + Hull/Mathews Golf combinations in the Golf should be interesting as well.

Headie
01-08-2016, 01:30 AM
All y'all fake Athletics stans never post in the bloody Athletics thread :fist: Me and Troy have been the only ones posting all year :laugh:

But yeah I'm really excited for it, I find it funny how Athletics is the golden sport of the Olympics yet it's really underrated outside of the Olympics, overlooked for events like Football, Rugby, Tennis etc.

Aside from Athletics I think Swimming, Cycling and Rowing will be the one I follow most. I love that Cycling event where one is eliminated after every lap.

Pete.
01-08-2016, 06:47 AM
Aquatics, Athletics & Tennis

James
01-08-2016, 09:37 AM
I voted for Athletics, Cycling, Football, Golf, Rowing and Tennis. Cycling and rowing partly because they were great to watch at the last Olympics, with GB doing so well in them.

smudgie
01-08-2016, 09:46 AM
Absolute favourites that I have stayed awake all night for are cycling and rowing.
Anything to do with the cycling, road and track races.
Love the rowing and we have done well over them years.
Swimming is up there as well,they make it look so easy and glide through the water. The sailing is normally a good watch as well.
No doubt we will try and catch a fair bit of everything else especially the boxing as hubby has plenty of time on his hands first time in his life.

Ellen
01-08-2016, 09:55 AM
Athletics, Rugby, swimming and track cycling are my faves.

Denver
01-08-2016, 10:56 AM
i watch it all but Cycling and Gymnastics the most

Novo
01-08-2016, 12:42 PM
All y'all fake Athletics stans never post in the bloody Athletics thread :fist: Me and Troy have been the only ones posting all year :laugh:

But yeah I'm really excited for it, I find it funny how Athletics is the golden sport of the Olympics yet it's really underrated outside of the Olympics, overlooked for events like Football, Rugby, Tennis etc.

Aside from Athletics I think Swimming, Cycling and Rowing will be the one I follow most. I love that Cycling event where one is eliminated after every lap.

http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221168&highlight=athletics

I have been making Athletic threads since you and Troy were in nappies :idc:

T*
01-08-2016, 12:47 PM
Judo is my favourite, or the swimming!

Babayaro.
01-08-2016, 12:49 PM
The ones that i'll definitely be watching are Athletics, Football and Tennis. And i'll try and catch a bit of the swimming and cycling too.

Saying that, i'll probably watch most events as you never know what kind of excitement you're going to get at the Olympics. Just out of curiosity, what time will most events be taking place at?

Denver
01-08-2016, 01:58 PM
The ones that i'll definitely be watching are Athletics, Football and Tennis. And i'll try and catch a bit of the swimming and cycling too.

Saying that, i'll probably watch most events as you never know what kind of excitement you're going to get at the Olympics. Just out of curiosity, what time will most events be taking place at?

with it being Brazil im guessing evening times

Headie
01-08-2016, 02:01 PM
http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221168&highlight=athletics

I have been making Athletic threads since you and Troy were in nappies :idc:

You need to help us keep the current one alive then! :fist: It's dead as hell :laugh: Hopefully it'll be active during Olympics!

Not sure about other events but Athletics heats are evening times in the UK, and the final are all overnight from like 1am-4am.

Ross.
01-08-2016, 02:04 PM
Will pretty much watch a bit of everything

Main ones are Athletics, Cycling, Football, Swimming, Tennis and Triathlon

Black Dagger
01-08-2016, 03:58 PM

12pm-4am shifts for us all xo

Macie Lightfoot
01-08-2016, 06:02 PM
I'm one of those assholes who gets so into women's gymnastics every Olympics and then doesn't care for the four years in between

BigSister
04-08-2016, 11:41 PM
Swimming Athletics Boxing Canoe Cycling Rowing and Tennis will be my main watches but will watch anything Team GB get a medal in.

Ithinkiloveyoutoo
05-08-2016, 02:15 AM
Tennis because the love of my life Nadal

Jack_
05-08-2016, 02:24 AM

I've watched both the Worlds post-London but outside of that I don't follow the other meets or know anywhere near as much as you guys do :laugh: I read the thread every time it's bumped though

Niamh.
05-08-2016, 09:14 AM
Boxing because it's what we do best in :laugh:

James
05-08-2016, 09:59 AM
Not much interest for Olympic basketball on TiBB, by the looks of it.

Nicky91
05-08-2016, 10:04 AM
for me Athletics, Equestrian, Swimming and Handball :)