PDA

View Full Version : Paint Shop Pro Help Thread/Tutorials.

MarkWaldorf
18-02-2007, 05:48 PM
If anyone needs any help, or would like to know how to do something, just ask so here.

Red Moon
18-02-2007, 05:49 PM
No problem I will make it a sticky.... but you need to change the title. People might think it's about the Sony PSP.

MarkWaldorf
18-02-2007, 05:51 PM
Lmao :hugesmile: Thank you.

~Kizwiz~
18-02-2007, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Red Moon
No problem I will make it a sticky.... but you need to change the title. People might think it's about the Sony PSP.

Thats what I thought it meant :whistle:

Bells
18-02-2007, 06:16 PM
SO, questions I've been meaning to ask!

1. How do you get backgrounds (aside from plain ones) such as the background on Markus's current banner?

MarkWaldorf
18-02-2007, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by ice_maiden02

1. How do you get backgrounds (aside from plain ones) such as the background on Markus's current banner?

What do you mean "backgrounds"?

stacey
18-02-2007, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Markus™

i think she means the bluey colour behind the pictures

MarkWaldorf
18-02-2007, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by x-stacey-x

That came with the pictures, I just merged them together, using the eraser tool and it comes out like that.

Bells
18-02-2007, 06:20 PM

Yeah, that is what I meant lol... don't think I could've meant anything else?! :puzzled:

Bells
18-02-2007, 06:21 PM

That came with the pictures, I just merged them together, using the eraser tool and it comes out like that.

Wow really! You must've had a lot of practice to do it like that then... mine usually doesn't merge together so well.

stacey
18-02-2007, 06:23 PM

Wow really! You must've had a lot of practice to do it like that then... mine usually doesn't merge together so well.
same mine always merges crap or have a different colour mixed in that sprouts from god knows where

stacey
18-02-2007, 06:24 PM
mark, where do you get your pictures from is it one certain website, google images or the persons fansite who your doing the banner on?

MarkWaldorf
18-02-2007, 06:24 PM

Not really LOL Click your eraser tool, and change the settings in the box to this:

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f376/imonbb/score-15.jpg

And it should merge much better then.

MarkWaldorf
18-02-2007, 06:25 PM
mark, where do you get your pictures from is it one certain website, google images or the persons fansite who your doing the banner on?

I just go on google, type in the person/show I'm doing it on, and they usually have loads of fansites which have galleries. They're good for getting pictures. :thumbs:

stacey
18-02-2007, 06:30 PM

I just go on google, type in the person/show I'm doing it on, and they usually have loads of fansites which have galleries. They're good for getting pictures. :thumbs:

okie doke thanks :hugesmile:

Sophii3x
18-02-2007, 08:47 PM
It's NOT fair
I have a shitty programme.. I think I need to get a laptop and buy PSP:laugh:

Bells
18-02-2007, 08:50 PM
These may be PSP tutorials, but remember there are plenty of other programmes - e.g. my friend uses Adobe Photoshop, then there's Banner Maker Pro... (which you can download and doesn't take up as much space I don't think!) Besides, you seem to know what you're doing with your programme because you end up with good banners. But if you do want to get a laptop and buy PSP I obviously wouldn't advise you against that either!

Sophii3x
18-02-2007, 08:53 PM
Iv'e been saving up for a laptop for ages! I need Ł500 and Iv'e got Ł300 so far. My friend has a code for me to download Adobe photoshop for free.
So maybe I'll have to wait until early next year until I can get it

Bells
18-02-2007, 08:57 PM
That's still OK. And yes my friend too has that code - she's absolutely amazing at using the programme as well. But I figured, might as well use PSP seeing as I generally know how to use it, and I guess we can use it for other stuff too so it's on the computer now.

Sophii3x
18-02-2007, 08:59 PM
Aww cool!

(I better shut up now, because Mark will post his 'Off Topic' smiley :|)

stacey
19-02-2007, 10:04 AM
i need help! lol my flood fill button wont work anybody have any ideas why :shrug::conf2:

edit : nevermind its ok it was just on the thing i was working on got to scrap the idea of what i was doing :rolleyes:

rachb
19-02-2007, 10:52 AM
ermmm I'm very old so please don't laugh at me:blush:
but I still can't work out how I merge pictures on mine,I've had it for years and never been able to make so much as a banner:laugh:

stacey
19-02-2007, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by rachb
ermmm I'm very old so please don't laugh at me:blush:
but I still can't work out how I merge pictures on mine,I've had it for years and never been able to make so much as a banner:laugh:

im still learning so it would be best if somebody like mark or ash explained xx

stacey
19-02-2007, 04:24 PM
does anybody know how to import a tube you have downloaded into your psp? if you do please help me. xx

Lauren
19-02-2007, 09:17 PM
Is anyone online that can help me? :sad:

Kaz
19-02-2007, 09:27 PM
Hi Lauren. :xyxwave:

I'll try ............. what's the problem?

Lauren
19-02-2007, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Kaz
Hi Lauren. :xyxwave:

I'll try ............. what's the problem?

Hiya :wavey:
Well I read a post by Ice Maiden saying that it's best if I put my pictures on the banner the way I want them, but then to use the eraser tool to blend them together and fit them together.
I've tried this but each time I paste a new image into my banner it will only erase that bit.

I know the problem is something to do with layers, but all of that goes way over my head. :conf:

Any help is greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Actually, I think it was because I was pasting as new selection instead of pasting as new layer. I think this might help. Will experiment.

Kaz
19-02-2007, 09:44 PM
Yep, it is to do with layers. They're a bit tricky to get the hang of but once you do, it makes life much easier.

Firstly, make sure you have your Layer Palette on display ..... View - Palettes - Layers. it should show up on the right hand side of the screen.

Firstly, open a new file. That becomes your background, and technically the first layer. You should see this appear in the Layer Palette. Then open up the first pic, and copy & paste it as a new layer on top of the background. if you look at the Layer Palette, this should appear as Raster 1 and if you hover your mouse over 'Raster 1', a thumbnail of the image will show up.

Then, open up an other pic and copy and paste this onto the same background - this will be Raster 2 and will also show up in the Layer Palette.

Now - if you click on Raster 1 in the Layer Palette, this layer becomes active and you can work on it. If you then click on Raster 2, it becomes active and can be erased, softened, smudged or whatever you want!

When you're happy with the result, click Layers - Merge - Merge All (Flatten) and this will join all the layers into one. You can then do a bit more softening and smudging to blend the edges together if you want.

Bit long winded answer ........ sorry! But it does get easier every time you have a go. Good luck! :spin2:

Lauren
19-02-2007, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Kaz
Yep, it is to do with layers. They're a bit tricky to get the hang of but once you do, it makes life much easier.

Firstly, make sure you have your Layer Palette on display ..... View - Palettes - Layers. it should show up on the right hand side of the screen.

Firstly, open a new file. That becomes your background, and technically the first layer. You should see this appear in the Layer Palette. Then open up the first pic, and copy & paste it as a new layer on top of the background. if you look at the Layer Palette, this should appear as Raster 1 and if you hover your mouse over 'Raster 1', a thumbnail of the image will show up.

Then, open up an other pic and copy and paste this onto the same background - this will be Raster 2 and will also show up in the Layer Palette.

Now - if you click on Raster 1 in the Layer Palette, this layer becomes active and you can work on it. If you then click on Raster 2, it becomes active and can be erased, softened, smudged or whatever you want!

When you're happy with the result, click Layers - Merge - Merge All (Flatten) and this will join all the layers into one. You can then do a bit more softening and smudging to blend the edges together if you want.

Bit long winded answer ........ sorry! But it does get easier every time you have a go. Good luck! :spin2:

Wow! Thanks Kaz. Thats really helped me. All of the online tutorials all assume you have a basic knowledge of PSP, but I really don't :blush2: Thanks for taking the time to explain to me.

Kaz
19-02-2007, 09:58 PM
No problem. :thumbs:

I've been learning PSP for over 3 years now, and still learning new things all the time! Best thing to do is play about with all the tools to find out what they do and, if you get stuck with anything, shout for help! :laugh:

There are loads of really talented banner makers on this site now so you'll never be short of help. I'm sure we can all learn new tricks from each other. :spin2:

stacey
20-02-2007, 04:12 PM
on paintshop pro can anybody help me because im stuck on how to use a downloaded picture tube
i download the one i want and when its unzipped and everything but how do i get it on psp to use it as a tube

Lauren
20-02-2007, 04:23 PM
on paintshop pro can anybody help me because Im stuck on how to use a downloaded picture tube
i download the one i want and when its unzipped and everything but how do i get it on psp to use it as a tube

Get the tube file, and copy it. Then go to:

C:\Program Files\Jasc Software Inc\Paint Shop Pro 9\Picture Tubes

And paste it into one of the files. :thumbs:

I think that should work. You will have to restart PSP if you have it open already for it to work.

stacey
20-02-2007, 04:27 PM
thanks lauren ill try it :bigsmile:

stacey
22-02-2007, 04:14 PM
thanks i forgot to tell you it worked :dance2::hug:

Siouxsie
25-02-2007, 06:46 PM
omg what the hec is all this about
I dont know where to start to make a banner :shocked::shocked:

stacey
25-02-2007, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by Siouxsie
omg what the hec is all this about
I dont know where to start to make a banner :shocked::shocked:
you need to start by getting a program theres a lot about mainly around here people use paintshop pro or photoshop

Bells
27-02-2007, 06:35 PM
I don't even know what a picture tube is. :puzzled:

If anyone could explain, that'd be helpful! :hugesmile:

Kaz
27-02-2007, 07:04 PM
The picture tube icon in PSP9 is just below the eraser tool ..... it's a blue pen with 3 dots underneath it.

When you click on it, it allows you to 'stamp' various images on your banner .... stars, leaves, animals, flowers etc. There are default options in PSP, but you can search for more and download them and then add them to the 'Picture Tube' file in your PSP programme.

:thumbs:

Bells
27-02-2007, 07:07 PM
Thanks Kaz! Because I was just wondering, when exactly to use them and how it would make my banner better etc. As you can see I experimented and have a random tube on the top left corner of my current signature banner. :laugh:

Now that I'm more aware though I'll have a look round for some more, thanks. :thumbs:

I have one more question however - what are 'accents' i.e. what do they do, and how do I use them? I typed 'accents' in the PSP help topics section and nothing came up.

Kaz
27-02-2007, 07:34 PM
I'd never heard of them either, but apparently they're the same as picture tubes. :spin2:

Just type PSP(version) accents into Google and see what comes up! :laugh:

Bells
27-02-2007, 07:54 PM
Thanks very much Kaz. :bigsmile:

Kaz
27-02-2007, 08:49 PM
You're welcome! :xyxwave:

I've found a few great new picture tubes myself while I've been having a browse around! :thumbs:

GlitterEyes
01-03-2007, 02:53 PM
I have hundreds of accents & tubes if anyone wants any...ranging from stars, sparkles, lips, hearts, swirls, music notes, bows, butterflies, moons, jewels Etc Just u2u me:spin2:

Bells
10-03-2007, 12:54 PM
If you're merging backgrounds of pictures together and sticking to the same backgrounds, how do you get rid of just certain items in the background you might not want? :puzzled:

Bells
11-03-2007, 09:38 AM
Anybody?

Emilee
11-03-2007, 10:05 AM
LOL i have no idea actually... Which PSP do you use Ash??? 9?

Bells
11-03-2007, 10:12 AM
10! And I'm not sure how to make different sorts of banners.
What did you do for yours Em, just place the pics on a white background? How did you get funky colours/contrasts whatever it's called like that? :hugesmile:

Emilee
11-03-2007, 10:15 AM
right....

Emilee
11-03-2007, 10:19 AM
To change the colours and contrasts and stuff....
Once you have placed your pictures... preferably with the same type of background so you can blend them easily, and then click the merge button so they are all merged as one bit picture/banner.

Then click in: Adjust >>> Colour balance >>> Manual Colour Correction.

Then you can choose what type of colour you want and change it that way.
or...

Adjust> >>> hue and saturation >>>> colourise
or...

Layers >>> New Adjustment layer >>> and choose one of the colour changers in there.

Hope that helped on colour changing and contrast.

Bells
11-03-2007, 10:22 AM
OMG thanks Emilee!

That's dead helpful. :flowers:

So it should be a similar colour sort of background, but it doesn't need to be one plain colour?

Emilee
11-03-2007, 10:27 AM
Noo.... It doesnt matter what colour background or picture... but it is better if they are sinilar like:

On my Justin Timberlake one.. i chose a photo shoot where the pics are nearly the same and because the bcakground it pretty much ice.... You can blend them together so they all end up like one picture...
and then actaully for this one..
http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/4171/justintimberlake2cu3.gif (http://imageshack.us)

I did..... something to do with levels...... Ill tell you later... and ill make a new banner and try explain for you .... i have to get ready for rugby now.

Cya xxxx

Bells
11-03-2007, 10:30 AM
Thanks for your help, and yeah, thanks for your upcoming help. :hugesmile:

Have fun! :thumbs:

*goes to experiment with PSP*

Bells
11-03-2007, 10:46 AM
Nowhere, how did you get the cool background type thingy on your current banner?

Nowhere
11-03-2007, 10:55 AM
tbh I first fished around for an abstract looking wallpaper (via google search) then added the squareness on top with a few brushes (I can send them to you if you want) then added pics of jensen on top, followed with a few more brushes here and there (lightning,swirls,and other randoms) then colourized it so everything was pretty much bluey-green lol. :hugesmile:
Heres the wallpaper i had off google:
http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/3198/dawallpaperv2vm8.th.jpg (http://img176.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dawallpaperv2vm8.jpg)
Then I just added different brushes etc on top.

Bells
11-03-2007, 11:12 AM
Ohh cool idea with the abstract wallpapers!
And Emilee's just taught me about colourising, lol. Thanks!

It'd be a great help if you sent some of the brushes though please!

Nowhere
11-03-2007, 11:13 AM
Okedoke, which PSP are you using? :hugesmile:

Bells
11-03-2007, 11:14 AM
Er... 10 or 11, quite a late version!

Nowhere
11-03-2007, 11:26 AM
Ok, this is where I get most of my brushes from..
DeviantArt (http://browse.deviantart.com/resources/applications/pspbrushes/?order=9&alltime=yes)

And here's one that has a fair few brushes..
Graphicsoft (http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/paintshopprodownloads/Free_Paint_Shop_Pro_Downloads_Brushes_Patterns_Pre sets_Tubes_Etc.htm)
(I'd send you mine, but i'm using psp7 so they wouldn't work in later versions i don't think)

If you find set that you like, but is for an earlier version of psp, and has an imagepack, you can open the imagepack in psp, then select the whole picture and click on paintbrush, then go to tool options,and click the small icon of the paintbrush,click custom then a box will appear, in the box click create, then you'll have that brush, hope this helps!

Bells
11-03-2007, 02:04 PM
^^^ Yes it does, thank you!!! :thumbs:

Nowhere
11-03-2007, 02:53 PM
No probs http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/midi/froehlich/a025.gif

Bells
11-03-2007, 04:00 PM
I can't seem to use new fonts on my banners, can anyone help?
I tried to add some new downloaded fonts to my current banner but couldn't do it!

Nowhere
11-03-2007, 04:08 PM
To add fonts, find a font you like,download it,and unzip it. Then go into - My computer/local disk/windows/fonts and drop the font file in there, then it'll appear in psp :spin2:

Bells
11-03-2007, 04:23 PM
^^^ What do you mean by drop?! :hugesmile:

I think I've figured out why it might not work though, because the fonts I like are for older PSP versions... ?

Nowhere
11-03-2007, 04:34 PM
lol drop as in 'drag and drop'
I think we may be doing it different ways,I just download fonts and put them in my windows/font folder, and they work in psp.If you're doing the same,it shouldn't matter what version psp is.
Here's a good site for fonts: dafont (http://www.dafont.com/)

btw-loving the background on your banner, aswell as everything else :thumbs:

Bells
11-03-2007, 04:50 PM
Thankss.. couldn't have done it without yours and Emilee's help! :hugesmile:

Anyway, I've dragged and dropped them into that file as you said, but they still don't show up on PSP for some reason! :puzzled:

Nowhere
11-03-2007, 04:56 PM
hmm :puzzled: hold on i'll see if I can find out why..

Bells
11-03-2007, 05:00 PM
Thank you!! It's really strange and annoying. Like, when I open it up from the Windows--> Fonts ---> file itself, then I can see it but it doesn't show up on the fonts from PSP!

Nowhere
11-03-2007, 05:07 PM
Np ^^
Have you closed down psp since you installed the fonts? sometimes psp needs a reboot for it to recognize there are new fonts installed..

EDIT: If that doesn't work try going ControlPanel/appearance&themes/ then fonts (which will be almost top left) click file, then 'install new fonts' find your font and click ok.

Bells
11-03-2007, 05:12 PM
Yeah, I've closed it and started it again... !
Do you reckon I need to restart the computer?

Nowhere
11-03-2007, 05:13 PM
Possibly, you could try that, then try the method in my post above (edited bit) hope it works for ya! give me a nudge if it works/doesn't work. :hugesmile:

Bells
11-03-2007, 05:18 PM
YAY I used your edited method, it worked!!! :dance:

Thankssssssss!

Nowhere
11-03-2007, 05:23 PM
More than welcome!!
chuffed that it worked for ya :hello: :thumbs:

stacey
25-03-2007, 10:05 AM
on some websites ive been on they have blends and stuff that are in a completley different colour like all pink i can do red but have no idea how to do pink
if anybody knows can they help me out please xx

stacey
27-03-2007, 04:38 PM
lol anybody got any ideas

GlitterEyes
29-03-2007, 10:35 AM
If you go to colours....colorize and then scroll the numbers either side for hue and saturation it changes the colours to whatever one you want:thumbs:

stacey
29-03-2007, 03:58 PM
oooo ok thanks GE :flowers:

Emilee
12-04-2007, 04:03 PM
erm you know once you've downloaded your fonts and found them... where do you drop them???? Is it in the box that drops down on PSP with all the fonts in.... and then does it jst add?

Emilee
12-04-2007, 04:08 PM
Another question......

Once you have downloaded new brushes and stuff..... How do you use them?

Very much appreciated for whoever helps. XX

Bells
12-04-2007, 05:10 PM
For the brushes, I just drag and drop the unzipped ones into my Brushes file. Or, in the program, you can go to File ---> Import ---> Custom Brush and move on from there.

As for the fonts, I was having trouble with that too - but click on page 3 of this thread and Nowhere kindly explained to me what to do and how to use new downloaded fonts on PSP. :thumbs:

Emilee
12-04-2007, 05:28 PM
Awww thanks Ash...

You know once you've gone. Film > import > brushes...

Ive done that.... now where are they? lol

Bells
12-04-2007, 05:34 PM
Once you've clicked on the brush tool, go to the toolbar at the top and click on the drop-down arrow next to the default brush. There should be lots of brush options there, and if you scroll down you should find somewhere the new brushes you imported.

(btw great new banner!)

Emilee
12-04-2007, 06:08 PM
LOL Thanks.... And thanks for the help. :hug:

Emilee
12-04-2007, 06:09 PM
Wheres the brush tool???? dont have one. :shocked:

Emilee
14-04-2007, 05:47 PM
Found it im all good....

New brushes and stuff helped me with me avril banner,

Bells
31-05-2007, 11:33 AM
Every time I try to copy pictures onto my layer to make a banner, they go slightly blurry! I don't mind too much because sometimes it looks good, but I was wondering how I could avoid/prevent this. Thanks.

Bells
31-05-2007, 04:12 PM
Anyone?

Emilee
31-05-2007, 04:17 PM
i have a question...::-

When using paint shop pro 8.

When i try add things to my banner using the paint brush. they turn all different ways. How do you stop that?????

Bells
31-05-2007, 05:21 PM
That's 2 questions that need answering... help! :laugh:

Emilee
31-05-2007, 05:23 PM
Please help me and ash!!

Markchap where are you? lol

MarkWaldorf
31-05-2007, 05:24 PM
Ok. I'll read through!

MarkWaldorf
31-05-2007, 05:30 PM
Ash, have you tried merging all the layers before you paste? It does mess things up having unmerged layers?

MarkWaldorf
31-05-2007, 05:31 PM
Emilee:

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f376/imonbb/untitled-1.png

Bells
31-05-2007, 05:43 PM
Yes I do merge afterwards, so that's not the problem. It's just when I paste a picture onto it, and I need to resize it, it goes blurry. I can't seem to resize pictures anymore (no matter where), then paste them on without them going blurry. It's really weird, because it seems to be a new thing and I've not had trouble with it before.

Emilee
07-06-2007, 08:41 PM
thanks mark... but it doesnt ask me if i want to OK it.??

spike_neil
08-06-2007, 05:31 PM
question how do i but a pic behind another pic like my sigg plz help

GlitterEyes
20-06-2007, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Ash
Yes I do merge afterwards, so that's not the problem. It's just when I paste a picture onto it, and I need to resize it, it goes blurry. I can't seem to resize pictures anymore (no matter where), then paste them on without them going blurry. It's really weird, because it seems to be a new thing and I've not had trouble with it before.

When you are re sizing do you have "bi-cubic" ticked? :thumbs:

andybigbro
20-06-2007, 03:04 PM
GlitterEyes you should enter the Animation Compitition

GlitterEyes
20-06-2007, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Emilee
i have a question...::-

When using paint shop pro 8.

When i try add things to my banner using the paint brush. they turn all different ways. How do you stop that?????

Do you mean when adding brushes? Make sure rotation is set on 0.

GlitterEyes
20-06-2007, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by spike_neil
question how do i but a pic behind another pic like my sigg please help

You can either blend the two images together or do the second image on another layer so they switch from one pic to the next not sure which way you mean.

Originally posted by andybigbro
GlitterEyes you should enter the Animation Compitition

Might do when I get 5 mins. Will check it out in a bit:thumbs:

Bells
20-06-2007, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by GlitterEyes
Originally posted by Ash

When you are re sizing do you have "bi-cubic" ticked? :thumbs:

I never knew anything about that! But it's solved most of my problems - thank you!

GlitterEyes
21-06-2007, 04:51 PM
For some reason it can change to the pixel one of its own accord even if you haven't set it lol so if it goes weird thats the first thing I check:hugesmile:

Nath
16-07-2007, 08:43 AM
I have PSP 7 and I was wondering if anyone knew how to make the lines going across the siggy? Like in my laura signature

Lisa92
18-07-2007, 09:09 PM
Okay I just downloaded it ... Theres one problem ...
I havent a scoobie how to use it.
Hellllp ....anyone???:blush2:

Sam!
09-12-2007, 02:13 PM
Does anyone know how to have the diagonal lines on paint shop, like across the whole thing? As i have no idea. Thankyou

MarkWaldorf
05-01-2008, 06:34 PM
This Sam?

http://i1.tinypic.com/6xt8woh.gif

Sorry it's so late LOL

Sam!
05-01-2008, 07:39 PM
Wow you just get a picture of lines :O lool thought you had to draw them on. Thanks soooo much Mark :)

MarkWaldorf
05-01-2008, 08:28 PM
I did too. I just found it today. :laugh:

Callum
05-01-2008, 08:48 PM
Thanks for that Mark, been looking for that for ages. :laugh:

MarkWaldorf
05-01-2008, 08:49 PM
No problem. :thumbs:

andybigbro
06-01-2008, 10:31 AM
Thanks for that mark..

Oh And mark how do you get that circle thing around britneys head?

Sarah.
06-01-2008, 12:31 PM
I assume the circles are brushes, that's what i use.

Callum
06-01-2008, 12:34 PM
Does anyone know where I could get a brush that's like the one from MarkChap's Britney banner, where's there's all little (scratch) lines over the banner?

MarkWaldorf
06-01-2008, 12:40 PM
I used two. One was quite small, and the other was from the notebook texture.

Callum
06-01-2008, 12:50 PM
Could somebody please tell me how to get the watermark on banners to stand out more, like on Mark's it's really small but its also real clear and bright where as with mine it just looks awful, so could somebody please help? LOL, thanks.

Sarah.
06-01-2008, 01:57 PM
heres a scratch texture, it's best to set it to screen;
http://i15.tinypic.com/7wefxy1.jpg

and the watermark, i think you drop shadow your text and make sure it's as close the text as possible, so set them at like 1? i'm not sure though.

Nicky.
06-01-2008, 02:21 PM
Heya
i use Photoshop elements 6 - and ive noticed on some peoples banners there is like a glow affect around the edges of the people/objects on the banner..

does anyone know how you do that..? if you do that'd be great .. thanks :)

Sarah.
06-01-2008, 02:26 PM
have you got an example? [:

Nicky.
06-01-2008, 02:32 PM
yea

Xander made :

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m87/SkyNTay/lliiaaammm.jpg

that one - i asked him but he said it was to confusing to explain lol

Xander
06-01-2008, 02:34 PM
Heres a example of what she means of one of my banners.

http://i16.tinypic.com/85uw8x0.jpg

KKBL
06-01-2008, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by MarkChap©
This Sam?

http://i1.tinypic.com/6xt8woh.gif

Sorry it's so late LOL

i draw the lines myself for my banners

Sarah.
06-01-2008, 03:40 PM
Oh i know what you mean, well i use photoshop soo I go to blending options, by right clicking on the layer pallette, the layer i want the glow on, after i've cut the picture out and click outer glow and change the settings.
i dunno if that's the same for elements.

Callum
06-01-2008, 04:19 PM
thanks sarah & mark =)

Sparkles.
04-02-2008, 04:11 PM
1.what programm do u use
2.what do u make ur video avatars on?

Hugo
19-03-2008, 05:58 PM
Hi. How do you change the eraser opacity on Paint Shop Pro X2

Hugo
19-03-2008, 08:23 PM
Help please!

Hugo
21-06-2008, 03:17 PM
I have a problem with text. Whenever I type something it comes out in like bubble writing with two colours? Can anyone help?

monkeymadness
01-07-2008, 03:03 PM
hello all i just bourght photoshop cs3 extenderd and 9i was wondring how do you make avarters and anamation and also how do u save it move thanks gary

monkeymadness
01-07-2008, 10:09 PM
can some one help please

Hugo
01-07-2008, 10:15 PM
Problems solved :thumbs:

Hugo
03-08-2008, 08:31 PM
EDIT : wrong thread oops lol

Sam!
03-08-2008, 08:32 PM
This is Paint Shop Pro thread gaawd :P lol

Callum
06-08-2008, 12:51 PM
Does anyone know any good sites for textures/brushes?

Sam!
06-08-2008, 12:54 PM
Type in Textures/Brushes for Paint Shop Pro maybe?

LemonJam
30-11-2008, 08:24 PM
Hiya :wavey:

Any chance someone can tell me how to merge images together?

I use Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2 if thats any help.

MarkWaldorf
30-11-2008, 09:34 PM
As in blending?

LemonJam
30-11-2008, 09:56 PM
Yehhhhh, I have no idea how to do it. :|

bronaaaa
14-04-2009, 07:21 PM
Does anyone know if you can download a free trial for this ?

Sam!
14-04-2009, 07:24 PM
I'm not sure Brona. I think so. Mine came on my computer automatically.

bronaaaa
14-04-2009, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by Sam!

Oh I'm so jealous, i got this sh*t 602 photo thing and I can do jack all on it :bawling:
I was thinking about buying it, but mother said no :bawling:

Sam!
14-04-2009, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by bronaaaa
Originally posted by Sam!

Oh I'm so jealous, i got this sh*t 602 photo thing and I can do jack all on it :bawling:
I was thinking about buying it, but mother said no :bawling:

Type in 'Corel Paint Shop Pro' in google and see if a freetrial pops up. It may do.

bronaaaa
14-04-2009, 07:42 PM
Thanks Sam :kiss:

Miss-red
06-06-2009, 12:46 PM
your all lucky i'm using my mobile phone haha but can i do coloured writing? i often see it when people put there a member of a certain persons fan club in different colours?