PDA

View Full Version : Big Bro in Australia

Di2001
25-04-2003, 08:38 PM
In case anyone is interested BB in Oz starts in two day's time - 27 April.

Here's a link to their official site :

http://www.bigbrotherworld.tv/link_australia.htm

:thumbs:

Stu xxx
25-04-2003, 09:24 PM
website doesn't look that great - i might try and log on every day and follow it xxx

James
25-04-2003, 09:25 PM
Thanks Di for that information. I'll watch it from the beginning I think. :hugesmile:

just me
26-04-2003, 01:16 AM
Sorry, I haven't been around here much lately - will be back for BBUK4!

I've found that the BBOz website has been better than the UK one (it's only just been relaunched so doesn't have much info on it at the moment). Last year it had loads of news (normal & of a more 'adult' nature :blush: - not for kids eyes), a running log - very good and updated quickly most of the time, diaries written by the housemates while they were in there (on a laptop which they also did their shopping list on too). They only had free cameras for BBOz1 although I think the movable camera was free and you could see clips (or was that the first year?!). Hopefully will be as good if not better this year although they seem to be following the trend of having to pay for 'premium' content, which I think spoils the interactivity of it (especially when you're on the other side of the world!:spin:).

The series looks promising. They have entirely gutted the house to start from scratch so there is lots of surprises - unfortunately it looks like they may have the dreaded bars too :shocked:.

This seems quite a good unofficial site:
http://www.behindbigbrother.com/

P.S.
News on Marty & Jess (BBOz2's version of our own Paul & Helen!):
Both now live on the Gold Coast with Jess' mother. Late last year Jess lost her brother in the Bali attacks. Marty signed up with Nickelodean to present its new adventure show 'Nickelodean Islandares'. Jess turned up on The Panel a few times, worked for Nova and the two also co-host the Sea FM breaky show on the Gold Coast.

Kaz
26-04-2003, 11:03 AM
Hi there, Ju - good to see you back on TiBB. :wavey:

Thanks for all the info. on Australian BB - not sure I like the fact that they might have the bars though, I hated them in our BB3. :mad:

Good to hear that Marty and Jess are still together - just like Helen and Paul. :love:

Amy
27-04-2003, 08:14 PM
Any one keeping track of the website? Seems there are two houses :shocked:

From the website "So now you know there are two houses. And just so you won't have any trouble working out which is which, BB designers went right back to Play School principles"

Seems like they are going for a BB3uk type feel

Stu xxx
27-04-2003, 09:55 PM
Is there only the six housemates? Is the aussie one shorter???? xx

Tonto1278
02-05-2003, 12:23 AM
No there is 14 HMs now. Thee one lasts for 85 days. There is two houses with 7 ppl in each. Another 2 ppl enter the house today.

James
02-05-2003, 12:45 AM
Here's some screenshots from the going in show.

There are two houses being used. They left one poor bloke (Benjamin) in one of the houses on his own for the first day. Made him look a bit of an idiot. (judging by the crowd's reactions anyway)

All the HMs are 30 or under and the youngest is 18, so they don't have the pretence - like in UK BB - of a balance of age groups.

The series is looking good though.

It's 85 days long though so I might be watching 2 Big Brother series at once. :hugesmile:

More screenshots here