PDA

View Full Version : Larsson snubs Man Utd extension

Jay
20-02-2007, 08:51 AM
Henrik Larsson will not extend his loan period at Manchester United and is set to leave the club next month.
The 35-year-old Swedish striker, who began his loan spell with the Premiership leaders in January, will return to Helsingborg on 12 March.

"I'm not saying that I'm not flattered or grateful to get the opportunity to extend my stay but there are other things I need to think about," he said.

"The Swedish season starts at the end of March. I need to get back for it."

The former Celtic and Barcelona forward also revealed he was not comfortable with having to commute from Sweden.

"I am going back and forward and it's not an ideal situation," he said.

But he added: "This is a great adventure for me.

"I arrived in January and I'm going home in March to play in Sweden. It suits me perfectly."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/6377927.stm

Dan_
20-02-2007, 01:10 PM
I'd have liked to have seen him stay until the end of the season as he's a great player to watch despite not being a Man United fan but I guess with his family in Sweden it's a bit too much to ask.

Mike
20-02-2007, 01:12 PM
I thought it was great of Larsson just to come and play in the premiership whilst the Swedish leagues have their pre-season break especially as he left his family behind in Sweden.

Jay
21-02-2007, 08:56 AM
Larsson has done a great job for united, he moved over to play in Sweden to be with his family so i have to give him credit for coming over and playing for United when the swedish leauge had finished.

GiRTh
22-02-2007, 05:47 PM
It's a shame he's a great player.