PDA

View Full Version : Basic Instinct 2 is 'worst film' (Razzies report and discussion)

Red Moon
25-02-2007, 10:10 AM
Basic Instinct 2 is 'worst film'
Basic Instinct 2 has swept the Golden Raspberry Awards - the annual ceremony which mocks the worst of Hollywood ahead of the Oscars presentation.

The film picked up four awards - or Razzies - for worst movie, worst actress for Sharon Stone, worst screenplay and also worst sequel.

Little Man, a comedy by the Wayans brothers, collected three Razzies, including the worst remake or rip-off.

M. Night Shyamalan was named worst director and worst supporting actor.

'No reason to exist'

Basic Instinct 2 is the sequel to the sex-thriller that made Sharon Stone a star in 1992.

Razzies founder John Wilson said that although the actress still looked good in her late 40s, the film "had no reason to exist".

"I mean, 14 years later - you haven't got Michael Douglas - why are you making this?" Mr Wilson told the BBC's Five Live Breakfast.

"And the box office proves there was no interest in it... When a $70m picture can't make $6m, that's pretty lame," he said.

The Wayans brothers - Shawn and Marlon - were named worst screen couple and also shared the prize for worst actor.

Their Little Man film - a comedy about a tiny thief who disguises himself as a baby - was also awarded the Razzie for worst remake or rip-off.

Film-maker Shyamalan was named worst director and worst supporting actor for his film Lady in the Water.

The Razzie for worst supporting actress went to Carmen Electra for Date Movie and Scary Movie 4.

RV - a comedy starring Robin Williams - was chosen as worst excuse for family entertainment, in what was the newest Razzie category this year.

Mr Wilson created the Razzies in 1980. The dubious-distinction honours are decided in a vote by members of the Golden Raspberry Foundation.

Winners receive gold spray-painted trophies in the shape of a raspberry, which organisers say are worth less than $5.

Source: BBC News (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6394275.stm)

MarkWaldorf
25-02-2007, 11:38 AM
LMAO The Razzies are such a waste of space. I feel sorry for the people that get them. :laugh:

Red Moon
25-02-2007, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Markus™
LMAO The Razzies are such a waste of space. I feel sorry for the people that get them. :laugh:

I don't they deserve them. Someone has to tell them when they get it so wrong and waste millions of pounds making rubbish.

The winners of the awards should be made to put the awards on the covers of the DVD they release so I know not to pick it off the self at Blockbusters,.

GiRTh
25-02-2007, 01:18 PM
I like them too. These actors need to be told when they've got it wrong also, the Razzies can provide some great comedy. Remember Halle Berry mirroring her Oscar acceptance sepeech when she won her Razzie for Catwoman. Very funny.

tinkerbell
25-02-2007, 01:50 PM
Yeh RV was pointless it was just not funny at all.

Little Man was so fake!

ThaGazBoi
25-02-2007, 02:51 PM
I liked Little Man. :o

Basic Instint 2 is not good, because we don't see up Sharon Stone's skirt.

Only joking.

Psylocke
25-02-2007, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by GRiT
I like them too. These actors need to be told when they've got it wrong also, the Razzies can provide some great comedy. Remember Halle Berry mirroring her Oscar acceptance sepeech when she won her Razzie for Catwoman. Very funny.

Hilarious,that made me love Halle :laugh: