PDA

View Full Version : Big Brother 'useless and parasitical'!?!

Kaz
30-04-2003, 02:37 PM
Story from Ananova

The official Vatican newspaper has attacked the Big Brother reality TV phenomenon as useless and parasitical.

The Osservatore Romano described the housemates as empty protagonists, and the viewers as people full of morbid curiosity.

Big Brother has become a big hit in Italy, but the newspaper asked how so many could watch such a tedious programme, when the world situation was so serious.

In Italy, where the show is known as Grande Fratello, more than eight million people tune in every day to watch the latest events in the Big Brother house in Rome.

Viewers did not have to wait long for sex between two of the contestants - who jumped into bed within hours of the programme starting, although they were already boyfriend and girlfriend.
They really don't like BB, do they?
:shocked: :laugh:

And I'm not sure I like being described as 'full of morbid curiosity' . . . . HOW RUDE! :mad:

As for those two Italian contestants . . . . words fail me!! And how on earth did an existing boyfriend and girlfriend manage to get into the house together ?? :conf:

WILDCHILD
30-04-2003, 02:45 PM
Stuff like this goes in one ear and out the other when I hear stuff like this. If we want to watc it, we'll watch it and shouldn't be critiscised for it and if these people dont want to watch it, then dont and they too shall not be critiscised.
It's a free country and people can do what they want without being judged!

Romantic Old Bird
30-04-2003, 03:34 PM
Aaah yes, the Vatican.

A place with a blood-soaked history par excellence, very extravagant ceiling decorations, full of allegedly chaste old men in frocks who continue to inflict massive suffering and poverty on the world by making contraception a mortal sin.

So that's alright then

Stu xxx
30-04-2003, 05:39 PM
here here ROB

steve_o
30-04-2003, 06:35 PM
The reason the Vatican doesn't like it is probably because people had sex, shock horror!. I could imagine the church of england saying the same useless things, if it happened here as well. :conf:

bb4bets
24-05-2003, 12:22 AM
I don't suppose it would be controversial to say that the it was the Vatican Newspaper that was useless and parasitical. :)