PDA

View Full Version : Louis...

Pete.
01-10-2016, 07:51 PM
Doesn't put through a single female, thoughts?

http://66.media.tumblr.com/129c8f15f78fe49554ef9ca080b8fe74/tumblr_oecbieaxhX1s2gbjwo1_r1_250.gif

Jordan.
01-10-2016, 07:53 PM
Pervy old gay

Cal.
I'm absolutely shook I could not have predicted he would do thishttp://i.imgur.com/tFpBDjX.gif

Daniel-X
He's not attracted to the opposite sex.
http://66.media.tumblr.com/129c8f15f78fe49554ef9ca080b8fe74/tumblr_oecbieaxhX1s2gbjwo1_r1_250.gif

LukeB
its funny how he said he can't put through two boy bands but can put through two duos.

He should have picked
1 boy band
1 girl band
1 duo

LaLaLand
01-10-2016, 07:58 PM
I can't believe he didn't put Scarlet though, like wtf

Denver
01-10-2016, 08:00 PM
non of them were special

Amy Jade
01-10-2016, 08:08 PM
non of them were special

Four Of Diamonds were amazing so excuse yourself

Shaun
01-10-2016, 08:10 PM
He's great for live shows but needs to be overruled when it comes to selecting his acts

Serg
01-10-2016, 08:23 PM
As usual. It's predictable, he's clueless.

Jack_
01-10-2016, 08:27 PM
Best judge of all time

I liked Four of Diamonds but let's be honest they'd be week 3 elimination fodder so I'd rather have a joke act that can be exploited for Deadlock drama

Adamw92
01-10-2016, 08:29 PM
Literally sent home the best of the groups and put through the worst, no one wants them on the lives

Amy Jade
01-10-2016, 08:30 PM
Best judge of all time

I liked Four of Diamonds but let's be honest they'd be week 3 elimination fodder so I'd rather have a joke act that can be exploited for Deadlock drama

People said the same about Little Mix that they would last only a few weeks

Jack_
01-10-2016, 08:49 PM

They aren't Little Mix and also they had the benefit of Tulisa as a mentor and not Louis :joker:

caprimint
01-10-2016, 08:51 PM
Really awful decisions but it's not that I care about gender if they had genuinely been better but they weren't. Simon's decisions were awful too.

GiRTh
01-10-2016, 08:52 PM
If Lou Lou had been their mentor they would have been out by week three.

Amy Jade
01-10-2016, 08:58 PM
They aren't Little Mix and also they had the benefit of Tulisa as a mentor and not Louis :joker:

It would have been nice to see them given a chance either way.

Oliver_W
01-10-2016, 09:00 PM
Wait, is Louis gay?!

Drew.
01-10-2016, 09:03 PM
Four Of Diamonds were amazing so excuse yourself

robbed

Jordan.
01-10-2016, 09:05 PM

So how is he the best judge of all time again

Jack_
01-10-2016, 09:18 PM
It would have been nice to see them given a chance either way.

Objectively speaking he should probably have put them through over The Brooks but I need a yearly twink fix so

So how is he the best judge of all time again

Notice I said judge, not mentor

He's the best judge of all time purely for the trollish decisions he makes which has everyone fuming, and the iconic deadlock dramas he drags out

I have no idea why 12 years on people continue to take him or this show seriously :joker:

Black Dagger
01-10-2016, 09:22 PM
I'm bored of pretending to be outraged by him.

The couple would have been overwhelmed in live shows and given stuff like waiting for a star to fall as song choices which would have been cabaret.

The chavvy boyband were awful

And both girl groups were never going to get the public on side, because the main demographic would label them as stuff they aren't. 'Slaggy' or 'aggressive' x

Black Dagger
01-10-2016, 09:22 PM
More offended by Simon's basic ass choices to be perfectly honest.

Jordan.
01-10-2016, 09:23 PM
Notice I said judge, not mentor

He's the best judge of all time purely for the trollish decisions he makes which has everyone fuming, and the iconic deadlock dramas he drags out

I have no idea why 12 years on people continue to take him or this show seriously :joker:

I guess the same reason you still take BB seriously after 16 years, not everyone wants the show to be a joke.

Jack_
01-10-2016, 09:32 PM
I guess the same reason you still take BB seriously after 16 years, not everyone wants the show to be a joke.

But the show isn't a 'joke' :unsure: with the exception of last year's godawful series (doesn't that tell you something) it has been this way for like...eight years?

I don't think X Factor has been a bonafide talent show since Alexandra's year, and even that might be pushing it. It's weekend primetime entertainment that masquerades as a talent show. Nothing more, nothing less. And the show at its peak was riddled with joke acts and faux dramas - and so it should. If you want a serious singing competition watch The Voice :shrug: but it's ****ing dull precisely because of that

Withano
01-10-2016, 09:43 PM
A bit tactless, all the fans of 5am will also be fans of The Brooks and they cant vote both.. but I suppose theres only one winner.. I always think having the most acts progress towards the end is the way to 'win' but I suppose its not.

Jordan.
01-10-2016, 09:45 PM
But the show isn't a 'joke' :unsure: with the exception of last year's godawful series (doesn't that tell you something) it has been this way for like...eight years?

I don't think X Factor has been a bonafide talent show since Alexandra's year, and even that might be pushing it. It's weekend primetime entertainment that masquerades as a talent show. Nothing more, nothing less. And the show at its peak was riddled with joke acts and faux dramas - and so it should. If you want a serious singing competition watch The Voice :shrug: but it's ****ing dull precisely because of that

Yes it is a joke lol, it's more predictable and forced than ever. Maybe if it went back to being a talent show like the Alexandra year it wouldn't continue to decline every year. But no, I guess Louis trolling the public is what people want :unsure:

Withano
01-10-2016, 09:46 PM
Best judge of all time

I agree with absolutely all of this :suspect:

Withano
01-10-2016, 09:49 PM

I agree with all of this too :suspect:

Jack_
01-10-2016, 09:53 PM
Yes it is a joke lol, it's more predictable and forced than ever. Maybe if it went back to being a talent show like the Alexandra year it wouldn't continue to decline every year. But no, I guess Louis trolling the public is what people want :unsure:

welcometobigbrotherxfactor.gif

If people loved bonafide talent competitions so much then The Voice would do better than it does, and X Factor wouldn't have peaked in the two years following Alexandra's year :shrug: and dare I say would've continued to had Simon not gambled on XF US and made a catastrophic mistake with the UK's panel

People aren't going to acknowledge that's what they want, no. But they are gonna talk about it, and they are gonna complain about it, and (most) of them will keep flooding back again and again for the controversy. One of the many mistakes they made last year was not having a joke act and trying to make the show too 'serious' and look how that turned out. It's dull. The X Factor is a living, breathing primetime entertainment juggernaut riddled with faux dramas and controversy, this is nothing new and hasn't been for a very long time

Amy Jade
01-10-2016, 09:57 PM
One of the many mistakes they made last year was not having a joke act and trying to make the show too 'serious'
Reggie and Bollie say hello

Jordan.
01-10-2016, 09:58 PM
The voice actually has good ratings so not sure why it's being used as a receipt to discredit "serious" talent shows

Jack_
01-10-2016, 10:12 PM
Reggie and Bollie say hello

Well they started out as one I agree but things changed at the lives, a genuine joke act doesn't make the final two

The voice actually has good ratings so not sure why it's being used as a receipt to discredit "serious" talent shows

At the Blind Auditions yes, because it's an (admittedly) clever gimmick that discerns it from shows like X Factor, it falls apart when they're over though because the rest of the format is an incoherent mess. The fact they have three live shows is appalling. Don't the coaches still pick who makes the semi final? It's all over the place, and the live shows lack the punchy production and drama that XF has. Every performance gets a standing ovation (:umm2:) which weakens their meaning, it's a massive love-in amongst the coaches, everyone's ~amazing~, etc etc

LukeB
01-10-2016, 10:13 PM
Reggie and Bollie were always the joke act nothing changed.

Amy Jade
01-10-2016, 10:16 PM
Well they started out as one I agree but things changed at the lives, a genuine joke act doesn't make the final two
They remained a joke act until the final 2. All you had to do was look at twitter every Sunday night, they reached the final 2 because people wanted to stick it to Simon Cowell much like when Joe lost the Christmas number one.

Amy Jade
01-10-2016, 10:19 PM
I don't even mind joke acts IF they have a degree of talent like say Katie Waissel or Kitty Brucknell and at first when Wagner was involved it was genuinely hilarious but with every year it's gotten so ****ing stale. I'd be more shocked if the judges took through the most talented acts now, I knew Ottavio and Bradley would make lives as soon as Louis was announced as their mentor.

LukeB
01-10-2016, 10:20 PM
They remained a joke act until the final 2. All you had to do was look at twitter every Sunday night, they reached the final 2 because people wanted to stick it to Simon Cowell much like when Joe lost the Christmas number one.

(And cheryl fans voting them because they were mentored by cheryl)

caprimint
01-10-2016, 10:23 PM
How were Reggie N Bollie not a joke act? They are awful singers. :umm2:

Jack_
01-10-2016, 10:23 PM
Oh I agree they're not the best joke act by any means, and there were quite a few this year sent home at Bootcamp I'd have preferred to stick around (the Friday Night guy being one of them), but I'd still rather have a joke act than not. They make the live shows fun and bring much needed drama and outrage to Louis' inevitable deadlocks

Jack_
01-10-2016, 10:26 PM

That doesn't make someone a joke act lol or else plenty of ~serious~ acts throughout the years were joke acts. They weren't even that bad and they were good performers and brought much needed fun to what were otherwise awful live shows, I think that's why they succeeded

It's right they didn't win, but still

Amy Jade
01-10-2016, 10:27 PM
Oh I agree they're not the best joke act by any means, and there were quite a few this year sent home at Bootcamp I'd have preferred to stick around (the Friday Night guy being one of them), but I'd still rather have a joke act than not. They make the live shows fun and bring much needed drama and outrage to Louis' inevitable deadlocks

That's happened so often now I don't find it that fun personally.

Give me a good old shocking talent v talent sing off (Laura White V Ruth Lorenzo or Ella Henderson v James Arthur) over any semi memorable fodder being sacrificed to get in The Sun any day.

LukeB
01-10-2016, 10:28 PM
That's happened so often now I don't find it that fun personally.

Give me a good old shocking talent v talent sing off (Laura White V Ruth Lorenzo or Ella Henderson v James Arthur) over any semi memorable fodder being sacrificed to get in The Sun any day.

Ella was robbed:bawling:

Cal.
01-10-2016, 10:33 PM
Ella was robbed:bawling:

Ghost, Glow and Yours>>>>>anyone's songs released that year

DouglasS
01-10-2016, 10:48 PM
Four of Diamonds were the best group by far IMO. They're far superior to Little Mix. However Loius was always going to put through the Brooks and the joke act, leaving just 1 place. [3AM were not even the best of the boybands...]

Babayaro.
01-10-2016, 10:51 PM
Best judge of all time

This lol.

Drew.
01-10-2016, 11:04 PM
I don't even mind joke acts IF they have a degree of talent like say Katie Waissel or Kitty Brucknell and at first when Wagner was involved it was genuinely hilarious but with every year it's gotten so ****ing stale. I'd be more shocked if the judges took through the most talented acts now, I knew Ottavio and Bradley would make lives as soon as Louis was announced as their mentor.

I agree. The most entertaining novelty acts are the ones that know they're pretty **** but don't complain, get on with it and enjoy themselves just like Wagner did. The problem with them these days is that they're so contrived and fake it's ridiculous.. it's almost as if those two twats that went through tonight auditioned knowing that if they wore OTT clothes and acted like a pair of tools they'd automatically get through despite having 0 talent and that pretty much sums up most people who audition now. There are no naturally funny novelty acts anymore

Oliver_W
01-10-2016, 11:12 PM

I second the "even then."

Not hugely indicative I know, but I love in Penelope's ("bad" Spanish singer) Sharon sarcastically repeated "competition" at Simon when he asked if she remembered the rules.

Heaven = Winner
01-10-2016, 11:22 PM
Honestly, the lack of diversity is what offends me rather than who actually got through. Two groups that feature 'cute boys' will end up with one of them (probably 5am) getting sent home really early, since they're going to appeal to the same demographic and that's going to hinder their chances in terms of voting. I knew Louis was going to have Ottavio/Bradley through because they fit him to a tee. I just thought he'd put at least one girl act through.

Tom4784
02-10-2016, 12:16 AM
Hard to be mad at Louis when it's unlikely that he makes any actual decisions when it comes to who goes through.

Cherie
02-10-2016, 08:36 AM
Hard to be mad at Louis when it's unlikely that he makes any actual decisions when it comes to who goes through.

Exactly, Simon has a hand in all the final decisions, and as is par for the course some of the choices have been controversial, and I see his female helpers have got no flak for choosing an all male line up :think:

Strictly Jake
02-10-2016, 09:07 AM
If he picked four of diamonds instead of Bradley and ottavio then he would have done well

kirklancaster
02-10-2016, 09:12 AM
In my opinion, Four of Diamonds COULD sing really well, LOOKED good, and were the COMPLETE package. Walsh is a fecking joke.

Liam-
02-10-2016, 09:31 AM
I don't mind a joke act as long as they're funny or at least a bit entertaining, Wagner is the prime example, but those two idiots Louis put through are nothing but hideous, he genuinely thinks people will like them and that they'll do well, nah, Rylan did it first.

He should never be able to pick acts or give advice on who to go through, just have him as a 5th opinion, that would suffice, rather than having us suffer the sorts of acts he puts through.

Denver
02-10-2016, 10:10 AM

a Britney tea?

Denver
02-10-2016, 10:13 AM
What i find funny is people slate Louis for not picking females yet dont bat a eyelid when Sharon doesnt pick males

Cherie
02-10-2016, 10:32 AM
What i find funny is people slate Louis for not picking females yet dont bat a eyelid when Sharon doesnt pick males

:clap2: Adam

GoldHeart
02-10-2016, 02:59 PM
Louis is a stupid twonk with marbles in his flabby cheeks, he does the same rubbish every year:bored::crazy: ,
he's a predictable moron he's obsessed with boy bands and twins and he always thinks it's funny to put a couple of talentless Pratt's through as a joke act. I rightly guessed all his choices and wasn't a bit surprised . He put 5am through because he thinks it's another JLS . He put the flamboyant annoying duo through because he thinks it's funny how embarrassing they are . And the twins because he's obsessed with young guys especially slim twins
Louis just comes across as a clueless creep
Every year he does this just look at pathetic irritating acts like jedward , Wagner etc :bored:

I feel sorry for Tom and Laura I knew they wouldn't get through because Louis is a shallow sack of potatoes he doesn't like the look of them even though he himself looks like a old rust bucket

Louis should be sacked but it will never happen