PDA

View Full Version : Outlaw - How far would you go?

Mrluvaluva
09-03-2007, 10:32 AM
OK. For my 1,000th post (thanks for pointing that out to me Linda), I would like to follow on from yesterdays debate with this thread. I cannot wait to see this film, and may go to see it this weekend. It's a story revolving around different characters, with grudges to bear against the scum in society today (one guys wife was raped and murdered for example). It looks to be a very thought provoking film, and the question I am posing is - "How far would you go to protect your family if you were wronged"? What would it take to push you over the edge? Q & A's please.

GiRTh
09-03-2007, 10:34 AM
Do you know you've got tabs in ie7? Off topic, I know but I had to point it out.

It sounds like a remake of Death Wish. Awful films. All of them,

Mrluvaluva
09-03-2007, 10:40 AM
Yes. I use tabs. Get back on point! I thought even you would congratulate me on the gaining of my 2 stars, but I should have known better! So selfish.

Mrluvaluva
09-03-2007, 10:59 AM
Do you have kids Geoff?

GiRTh
09-03-2007, 11:08 AM
I didn't notice you had two stars. Well done, you're up with the glitterati now.

I have one daughter she's 11 years old 12 in May.

GiRTh
09-03-2007, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by BAZG
Yes. I use tabs. Get back on point! I note that you don't have the file, edit, view up there though. Don't you miss it?

Mrluvaluva
09-03-2007, 11:22 AM
Shut up. Anyway, controversial bit here I know, and purely hypothetical, but how would you feel if somebody harmed her? How far would you go to get justice? What if the police did nothing/ or couldn't do anything about it? What if the courts let them walk free and laugh in your face? Think about it and let me have your thoughts.

GiRTh
09-03-2007, 11:33 AM
Shut up. Anyway, controversial bit here I know, and purely hypothetical, but how would you feel if somebody harmed her? How far would you go to get justice? What if the police did nothing/ or couldn't do anything about it? What if the courts let them walk free and laugh in your face? Think about it and let me have your thoughts.

And didn't I just know where that was heading. Easy answer. I'd want justice and I may take the law into my own hands but I don't consider my self to be so upstanding that I'd expect to be exonerated for it. I'd work hard to be exonerated but, unlike Tony Martin, I wouldn't act as if I was some almighty ridding the streets of scum.

Tony Martin should not be held up as some kind of hero. I think he's as bad as the people he injured.

Mrluvaluva
09-03-2007, 11:38 AM
Would you go as far as to, erm, how should we say this? "Take someone out"?

GiRTh
09-03-2007, 11:41 AM
Definitely. But I wouldn't then act like I was doing the Polices job.

Mrluvaluva
09-03-2007, 11:57 AM
Well doesn't that go against what you said yesterday?

GiRTh
09-03-2007, 12:03 PM
Not at all. I recall pointing out that there was a similar case to Tony Martins about five years prior. A guy killed an intruder but unlike Martin at the press conference, he was beside himself, weeping, breaking down the full works. Martin on the other hands was stood there acting like people should be asking for his autograph. the mans as scummy as his victims and they deserve to claim compensation from the Pr*ck. You might have noticed that I don't like him too much.

Ella
09-03-2007, 12:11 PM
Well done BAZG! :cheer2: Yaaaaaaaaaaay

GiRTh
09-03-2007, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Elz_Belz

For what? 1000 posts? I reached that over a week ago. Where are my congrats?????

Mrluvaluva
09-03-2007, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by GRiT
Not at all. I recall pointing out that there was a similar case to Tony Martins about five years prior. A guy killed an intruder but unlike Martin at the press conference, he was beside himself, weeping, breaking down the full works. Martin on the other hands was stood there acting like people should be asking for his autograph. the mans as scummy as his victims and they deserve to claim compensation from the Pr*ck. You might have noticed that I don't like him too much.

I quote "but a rifle that is designed to kill. No way, it's too much."

Mrluvaluva
09-03-2007, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Elz_Belz

For what? 1000 posts? I reached that over a week ago. Where are my congrats?????

Yeah, but you're a twat. Thanks Elz! Anyway, now I have 2 stars, do I get some kind of extra powere or something? Answers please mods!

GiRTh
09-03-2007, 12:41 PM

I quote "but a rifle that is designed to kill. No way, it's too much."

Good lord!!!! *Hands in the air*

I said that it was too much for a man to defend himself with a rifle and expect to get away with it. It's like posting with nodisharmony. You're not reading everything I say.

Here goes and please read this slowly.

I have no problem with anybody who defends themselves but to defend themselves with a gun that is designed for hunting then act in the way Tony Martin did is completely wrong and he deserves a spell in side for being so smug.

I will now demonstrate my disgust by using the smilies. Regardez. :yuk::yuk::yuk::cloud::bored::bored:

Mrluvaluva
09-03-2007, 12:45 PM
I quote

"Killing is wrong and it doesn't matter who's doing it."

Talk your way out of this one.

Grit is a hypocrite
BAZG knows this!!

Enough already Geoff!

And I actually do read everything you say.

GiRTh
09-03-2007, 12:55 PM
I quote

"Killing is wrong and it doesn't matter who's doing it."

Talk your way out of this one.

Grit is a hypocrite
BAZG knows this!!

Enough already Geoff!

And I actually do read everything you say.

I stand by that quote. As I recall I said I 'may' go to the lengths of killing somebody. I can't say for certain what I'd do as I've never been in that position. Can you honestly tell me how you'd react in every situation that you've never experienced. But killing IS wrong and it doesn't matter who is doing.

NEXT!!!!!

Mrluvaluva
09-03-2007, 01:03 PM
Yeah, but you would still do it. That is my point. You were acting all hoity toity about it yesterday, and although I obviously cannot say how I would react in every situation, I honestly can state categorically, that if some lowlife thug hurt somebody I loved, taking their life, I definitely would kill them given the oppurtunity, without any selfish thoughts on the consequences to myself. Don't you think there are certain types that the planet is better rid of, like rapists, paedos etc? Once you can do something really bad, for no reason, because your brain is malfunctioning, don't you think it's better to be taken out of the equation? Or do you believe in the waste of time act of rehabilitation?

Actually, does anyone else have to say anything on this subject?

GiRTh
09-03-2007, 01:15 PM
Yeah, but you would still do it. That is my point. You were acting all hoity toity about it yesterday, and although I obviously cannot say how I would react in every situation, I honestly can state categorically, that if some lowlife thug hurt somebody I loved, taking their life, I definitely would kill them given the oppurtunity, without any selfish thoughts on the consequences to myself. Don't you think there are certain types that the planet is better rid of, like rapists, paedos etc? Once you can do something really bad, for no reason, because your brain is malfunctioning, don't you think it's better to be taken out of the equation? Or do you believe in the waste of time act of rehabilitation?

Are you trying to round up a posse? Is that because you know you're wrong?

We're all Gods children. LMAO. I cant even convince myself to go down the religious route. SO I'll ditch that line of thought. LOL

Any way, recent studies show that there have always been pedophiles. Do you know I went to school with a convicted pedophile? Doesn't surprise you does it?

Your solution is fascism in it's purist form. Why stop with Pedophiles. How long will it take you to start wiping out gays, Jews, blacks. Sorry to go down that road but do you see where your chain of thought might lead.

I work with some one who has very similar views to you and even he thinks it's a deeply flawed ideology.

Killing is wrong, no matter who'd doing it.

Mrluvaluva
09-03-2007, 01:27 PM

Are you trying to round up a posse? Is that because you know you're wrong?

We're all Gods children. LMAO. I cant even convince myself to go down the religious route. SO I'll ditch that line of thought. LOL

Any way, recent studies show that there have always been pedophiles. Do you know I went to school with a convicted pedophile? Doesn't surprise you does it?

Your solution is fascism in it's purist form. Why stop with Pedophiles. How long will it take you to start wiping out gays, Jews, blacks. Sorry to go down that road but do you see where your chain of thought might lead.

I work with some one who has very similar views to you and even he thinks it's a deeply flawed ideology.

Killing is wrong, no matter who'd doing it.

I never said killing was right did I? Who am I to decide for everyone what is right and what is wrong. I make my own decisions, independently. The point I was making, was that in some situations, you may be driven to it, bacause of your love & passion for someone. Nothing to do with Tony Martin, as you keep on bringing up. As for wiping out gays, that would be wrong, as that is not something you have wrong with you, actually, as typical homophobes seem to think. That's just about preferences. Down to your genes I believe. And to wipe out jews and blacks, would be pure racism in it's worst form (discrimination against a race or culture due to the colour of their skin, or based on religios beliefs of a nation as a whole). I am just having a discussion, putting my views accross, and listening to others.

Don't label me. I don't follow brands.

GiRTh
09-03-2007, 01:39 PM

I never said killing was right did I? Who am I to decide for everyone what is right and what is wrong. I make my own decisions, independently. The point I was making, was that in some situations, you may be driven to it, bacause of your love & passion for someone. Nothing to do with Tony Martin, as you keep on bringing up. As for wiping out gays, that would be wrong, as that is not something you have wrong with you, actually, as typical homophobes seem to think. That's just about preferences. Down to your genes I believe. And to wipe out jews and blacks, would be pure racism in it's worst form (discrimination against a race or culture due to the colour of their skin, or based on religios beliefs of a nation as a whole). I am just having a discussion, putting my views accross, and listening to others.

Not much for me to say other than thank you for agreeing with me that killing is wrong and your ideology is deeply flawed. I think that means I win. Well, another one bites the dust.

Mrluvaluva
09-03-2007, 01:45 PM

Not much for me to say other than thank you for agreeing with me that killing is wrong and your ideology is deeply flawed. I think that means I win. Well, another one bites the dust.

Nothing to do with winning. "Killing is wrong" was not my point. You just turned it into that again by veering away from the subject. The original point (as the title of this thread suggests) was "How far would you go". You admitted you would kill. I win. Game over!

GiRTh
09-03-2007, 01:47 PM
As Mike Skinner once said - Girl sold, high speeds gold, game over game over too cold - Dont mug yourself BAZ, don't mug yourself.:whistle:

GiRTh
09-03-2007, 01:52 PM
Nothing to do with winning. "Killing is wrong" was not my point. You just turned it into that again by veering away from the subject. The original point (as the title of this thread suggests) was "How far would you go". You admitted you would kill. I win. Game over!

I said I 'may' resort to killing which we've both agreed is wrong. Game over game over too cold.:whistle:

Mrluvaluva
09-03-2007, 01:54 PM
Yes, you may. That isn't exactly a no is it?

Nowhere
09-03-2007, 01:54 PM
If someone was trying to hurt my family, then I would stop them in the best possible way,if murdering them was the only way to stop them,i'd have no problems with that,seriously. Like that Tony Martins situation..if someone decided to enter my familys home, then they deserve everything they get.I'd have no issues with killing someone, if thats what it took to stop someone from hurting my family.

Mrluvaluva
09-03-2007, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Nowhere
If someone was trying to hurt my family, then I would stop them in the best possible way,if murdering them was the only way to stop them,i'd have no problems with that,seriously. Like that Tony Martins situation..if someone decided to enter my familys home, then they deserve everything they get.I'd have no issues with killing someone, if thats what it took to stop someone from hurting my family.

Does that make nowhere a facist too then Grit??

GiRTh
09-03-2007, 02:02 PM
Yes.:dance2:

Nowhere
09-03-2007, 02:10 PM
lol, I don't mind what i'm labelled as, I just know i'm very protective of my family, and that a random thug breaking into my house in the middle of the night, with the intentions to injure, would get what they deserve, if that means being called a fascist then so be it.

GiRTh
09-03-2007, 02:21 PM
On reflection, 'nowhere' isn't a fascist. She has not spouted twisted ideology that involves wiping out anybody she deems unfit for human life. It's Baz that's the fascist and no one else.

Mrluvaluva
09-03-2007, 02:28 PM
On reflection, 'nowhere' isn't a fascist. She has not spouted twisted ideology that involves wiping out anybody she deems unfit for human life. It's Baz that's the fascist and no one else.

You are just as bad as all the other t**ts who run this country. Let them all run amok. That's why you read about rape, and murder etc in the papers every day. In some countries, you steal, and they chop off your hands. You can't do it again then can you, and I bet you they don't. This country, and people like you, have some very misguided views. Let's try to rehabilitate. Let's show them what's right. Some people are beyond help.

GiRTh
09-03-2007, 02:35 PM
[You are just as bad as all the other t**ts who run this country. Let them all run amok. That's why you read about rape, and murder etc in the papers every day. In some countries, you steal, and they chop off your hands. You can't do it again then can you, and I bet you they don't. This country, and people like you, have some very misguided views. Let's try to rehabilitate. Let's show them what's right. Some people are beyond help.

My my!!!! All fascists show their true colours eventually.:nono:

Mrluvaluva
09-03-2007, 02:36 PM
[You are just as bad as all the other t**ts who run this country. Let them all run amok. That's why you read about rape, and murder etc in the papers every day. In some countries, you steal, and they chop off your hands. You can't do it again then can you, and I bet you they don't. This country, and people like you, have some very misguided views. Let's try to rehabilitate. Let's show them what's right. Some people are beyond help.

My my!!!! All fascists show their true colours eventually.:nono:

It's my view. You got a problem with that godboy?

GiRTh
09-03-2007, 02:39 PM

I thought the Hitman was banned.

Mrluvaluva
09-03-2007, 02:41 PM

I thought the Hitman was banned.

lol. You found me out! Let's just agree to disagree.

GiRTh
09-03-2007, 04:41 PM
To finish off this thread can I point out to members that this argument was completely friendly. BAZG and I have not fallen out and during the 'spat' we were u2u'ing each other in between post to up the ante.

It was all good clean fun.

Mrluvaluva
09-03-2007, 04:44 PM
Folder: Outbox
Sent: 9-3-2007 at 16:54
Quote:
me: lol

the mods will think we have fallen out.

Grit: Do you think we should make a statement telling everybody that we were only messing in our argument earlier?

me: Go on then. You do it. People won't believe me if I put it on. I'll agree with you.

lily.
09-03-2007, 10:18 PM
You two fecking kill me I swear you do!

Anyway, back to the topic... I agree 100% with nowhere. I would kill to protect my children. And, I wouldn't think twice about killing someone with my bare hands if they done something unspeakable to them.

GiRTh
10-03-2007, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Linda
You two fecking kill me I swear you do!

Anyway, back to the topic... I agree 100% with nowhere. I would kill to protect my children. And, I wouldn't think twice about killing someone with my bare hands if they done something unspeakable to them.

The voice of reason as always!!!!!:wink::rolleyes:

lily.
11-03-2007, 04:31 PM
Hey, I call it like I see it G!:thumbs:

Mrluvaluva
11-03-2007, 04:56 PM
Hey, I call it like I see it G!:thumbs:

Unlike Grit because of his blinkers! lol

lily.
11-03-2007, 05:08 PM
Here we go again.. LoL.

U at home Baz?

Psylocke
11-03-2007, 05:14 PM
If Danny Dyers in it ,im there.

and i would kill for my family.

Mrluvaluva
11-03-2007, 05:39 PM
Here we go again.. LoL.

U at home Baz?

I sure am.

GiRTh
11-03-2007, 06:10 PM
I just see the bigger picture.

GiRTh know this. He has GiRTh.

There's going to so many pun opportunities with my new name.

Mrluvaluva
23-03-2007, 12:18 PM
I watched this last night, and I would highly reccomend it. It is very violent, but tackles lot's of issues like yob culture, scentences not long enough for crims etc. It depicts individuals who have had enough, and take the law into their own hands. And in the film, it conveys the question "Killers or heroes"? Watch it!

spacebandit
26-03-2007, 01:05 AM
Facism and human nature...hmmm

1. If you break into my house, and I catch you you are NOT getting out in one piece.

2. If you murder my family you better hope the police catch you before I do, because to stop me from killing you - you would have to kill me, and you will die in that situation. And if the police catch you first the court had better be well guarded, because I'm going to do my best to get old testament on you.

Does that make me a fascist ?

Personally I despise facism, communism and capitalism in equal measure, and believe the world would be a better place with no religion.

I also do NOT support the death penalty, but...

Regarding my comments on a personal perspective of crime and punishment -I regard myself as a confused humanist who accepts that all humans are hypocrites when it comes to personal hurt, and as for point 2, I accept that in certain circumstances grief and loss can make monsters of us all, so I choose not to fight that instinct.

Mother Nature is nothing if not karmic.