PDA

View Full Version : Helen & Paul's Love Nest

Di2001
23-02-2002, 03:03 PM
:flower::flower::flower:

Was it today that H & P were to move in to their new pad in Hadley Wood?

Anyone invited to the house-warming party?!!

:dance::dance::dazzler::dance::dance:

Romantic Old Bird
24-02-2002, 10:13 AM
Oh, Di, where have you been love? You missed the trip!

I awoke this morning, stretched, yawned and thought to myself:

Tired, bruised, battered, and a casualty of a whole lotta loving. But he'll recover, will Mr Clarke, he's young, he's very vital and energetic, and by golly, he is certainly big enough to look after himself!

The trip back took ages, we all had to sit at the front because the rear suspension had gone on the bus. My son, who thought he was driving the local WI to a day trip, is in a state of shock, and may never speak to me again. I bribed him, and beseeched him, and I think he just might let it go as a manifestaion of my mid-life crisis, and post surgery traumatic stress syndrome. He did ask if the hormone patches they'd put me on were too strong!

Crept back in about 6am, had to get up at 8, completely cream crackered. Trying to look wide awake and innocent, but OH is very suspicious about 'the trip to the London Eye'. Says I look a bit peeky and need more exercise. I have to go for an 8 mile walk later. Oh my God, I'll have to go, or he'll be even more suspicious!

FYI, the lovepad is very cosy, lot's of compromises had to be made, and finally they agreed to put Paul's Star Wars collection with Helen's Honeymoon Barbie in pride of place on the sideboard. I wasn't too sure, but I think it works.

It's a sort of 'homage' to post-modernist consumerism, and will give both focus and interest as a talking point during dinner parties.

I loved the bedroom, great use of mirrors and light. Again, I had concerns about the flourescent pink bedding, and I felt justified in advising them that the stick-on glitter was not a great idea. So we compromised and stuck it on the lampshade intead. The overall effect is still rather dazzling, but with a good blackout curtain, the light won't reflect quite so much from the lampost outside, and they may, ultimately, get some sleep in there. If they so wish.

The real 'piece de resistance' is the lounge. So taken were the couple with the 'Dumb and Dumber ' label they gave themselves, they have had the sofa reupholstered to resemble the doggy car. There is a risk of tripping over the ears, and you might end up qith polyester hair in your porridge, but again, a brave, bold statement and a fantastic focal point for the room.

The kitchen is surprisingly minimalist, and Paul made it quite clear that he intends to take his fair share of the work, and will impress everyone yet again with his culinary skills. Me and Peachy, Discolady and Miriam really pushed them to arrange a dinner party soon, and we're all back there on Wednesday. They wanted us back on Tuesday, but as we all know, Tuesdays are taken, aren't they Discolady?:dazzler:

I can't wait, but I must admit Paul looked a bit :shocked: when we shouted 'See you soon!' as we left..................

Let's hope he rings in sick, and uses the intervening period to catch up on some :sleep:....................

Di2001
24-02-2002, 11:48 AM
:bawling::bawling: Oh dear, I did miss out didn't I! :bawling::bawling:

sweetlittlesara
24-02-2002, 01:18 PM
hey dont worry, u can always cum with us when we go and see them at easter, and im sure they wouldnt mind if they have an extra bridesmaid at their wedding!!

Maggie
25-02-2002, 12:02 AM
And Di, if you want to read more about the trip :spin2: it's all on the Josh meets Helen thread :thumbs: , and yes ROB, karaoke again this tuesday :dazzler:, I hope you've been practising and we'll have a dance this time :elephant::dance::elephant: