Janette
23-02-2002, 05:55 PM
Ok, let's have some names for the new member of the Beckham family :hugesmile:

For a girl I'm going for Margaret

For a boy I'm going for Mark

Any ideas? :spin2:

Graeme
23-02-2002, 07:16 PM
I wonder if they'll call it a town again?

Manchester, Liverpool might be that!!!

No seriusly, I think girl - Laura
boy - Ryan:spin2:

LEE
23-02-2002, 09:03 PM
According to the news, the bets are on at the moment and the leaders are

Essex
Trafford
Wembley

:shocked::shocked::shocked:

sweetlittlesara
23-02-2002, 10:36 PM
hee hee imagine if they called it peckham..peckham beckham hee hee...sorry not funny :blush:

Janette
24-02-2002, 09:59 AM
Love your avatar Sara!

He's gorgeous :love:

sweetlittlesara
24-02-2002, 11:31 AM
i no!!! finally put an avator up!! love him :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

blinkinlovely
24-02-2002, 07:04 PM
:xyxwave: Hi guys: I've been keeping an eye on you all even if it's been tricky to post messages lately (energy levels and all that)

anyway: baby beckham - well i think it will be a girl. 2.4 children perfectfamily and so on........ Also Posh will be able to get into girls fashions while Davis rakes in millions for M&S boys fashions.

Names? Apart from all the jokes (Anfield, Essex,Chester....) I think it will be Chloe, Paris or something normal like Sarah!! Who knows??:dance:

WILDCHILD2K1
24-02-2002, 10:06 PM
I heard there is bets going on about it being called, 'nightclub toilet' - how bitchy is that?!:nono:

Honey
24-02-2002, 11:09 PM
Congrtaulations to the Beckhams, what lovely news. As for names for Baby Beckham, well I'm thinking they might go with traditional names this time, maybe names of past or present relatives from both sides. Or just for fun perhaps...Elton, Valentino or maybe even the name of a country or capital city....eg. Paris, Ireland, Africa, India or China even. Whatever they decide to call the little blessing I hope everything goes well. :flower:

Maggie
24-02-2002, 11:38 PM
Congrates to them, as to names, I like

Mercedes for a girl

Dominic for a boy

When you think about it there's loads of lovley names for either sex, I'd be spoilt for choice :spin2:

LEE
25-02-2002, 06:14 PM
Dominic for a boy

As in Mohan!! :laugh:

:flower:

Maggie
26-02-2002, 11:26 AM
urg........... I never thought of that:devil: still like the name :bouncy:

Janette
26-02-2002, 08:17 PM
Apparently, the Beckham baby was conceived around christmas when David and Victoria were at at home in cheshire.

If they stick to naming the baby after the place it was conceived, it will be called Alderley Beckham!

Maybe they won't do it that way this time :laugh:

Honey
07-03-2002, 06:25 AM
I got very excited the other day because someone somewhere mentioned that the Beckhams were in Paris not long ago and could call their baby Paris...if it's a girl, although there is a guy called Paris in the play 'Romeo and Juliet'. I am now hoping that I might be right....got a bit of a wait to find out though haha!!! All I can say is watch this space!? :flower:

Romantic Old Bird
07-03-2002, 10:14 AM
Now, here i am going to make a comment that will make you all really hate me, if you don't already!

I don't care if they call it bloody Bognor!:shocked:

Nothing against the couple, they seem nice enough and genuinely in love, but, I mean, what's all the excitement?:conf:

Now if Paul and Helen made a similar announcement I might just be ever-so-slightly more excited..................................
:colour::dance::spin2::hello::dazzler::hello::spin 2::dance::colour:

AND, I might walk round with a great big :hugesmile: on my face. In fact, it would be just the tonic to send me back to work happy!

Honey, although Paris seems to be en vogue for a girl at the mo, not only was there Count-ey Paris in R&J, a bloke called Paris caused bit of a stir in the Trojan Wars as well.

All to do with stealing a girl called Helen who was 'already taken'.............................:laugh:

Honey
07-03-2002, 12:04 PM
How could we possibly hate you for having your own opinion R.O.B. I probably like the Beckhams as much as you like Helen and Paul and probably feel the same about Helen and Paul as you do about the Beckhams does that mean you are all going to hate me now ? That is why I said I got excited, but I don't really mean it as literally as it sounds haha!!! It's like when you think you might have got something right about something no matter who or what it's about, it sort of makes you feel good. I don't have a bad word to say about P&H though so you won't hear any nasty comments from me. I just feel everyone is entitled to like or not like who they want to, do you know what I mean? :hugesmile:

Romantic Old Bird
07-03-2002, 12:48 PM
Of course I speak in jest Honey, you know this. I love everybody (well, almost everybody) and I certainly don't hate anyone, least of all 'ittle babies'!

I actually quite like the Beckhams. I really admired them when they gave their Ali G interview, fantastic. They have a very solid relationship and the ability to laugh at themselves, which is vital if you are constantly in the limelight I am sure.

Victoria is trying hard to have a successful solo career, and she might pull it off, who knows? They are all struggling a bit, and she has a better voice than Geri, although that's not an amazing compliment to pay.

Now Mr Beckham, I have to admit, is an AWESOME football player. And, as I said before, what is endearing about them is that they obviously really love one another.

Now then, back to that name. I still don't really care what they call their baby, but I hope it's a name the child can live with.

I picked a name which I thought sounded really dashing and romantic for my eldest son when I was only 21. (My Mills and Boon period, as I like to call it).

I was so pleased with it, because it went really well with our surname....and then...

...they bought out the first 'Omen' film, and the poor lad had to contend with people making cross signs and hissing at him everythime he had to give his name.
Then, just as it began to die down.....

..a TV comedy series in the 80's called 'Three of a Kind' introduced a character called Damien who was a 'complete plonker', and they even made a really popular Heinz soup advert with the character in it as well! Oh, what fun the other kids at school had with that one! Then, just as it began to die down again......................................

..Del boy and Raquel decided to name their son Damien, and Rodney does the old wide-eyed panic thing everytime the boy looks at him!

Unsurprisingly, my son has grown into a bitter and twisted man who hates me and never speaks to me!

Well, no he's fine with it, has adjusted appropriately, is a complete plonker and is happy to admit it!

He has learned to live with it and actually likes it. Why, only the other day, he tells me the children at his school asked him,

'Ere, Sir, is it true you are the son of Satan?', and as he walks past them in the corridor, they hum the der-der-der-der song, but he takes it in good part, and just gives them detention!

So, what's in a name? I don't think the Beckham's need to worry, because he or she will struggle through whatever.

Can't be any worse than the Geldof/Yates children, can it? CAN IT?
:shocked:

Honey
08-03-2002, 06:13 AM
What's in a name, a rose by any other name would smell as sweet?

I like the name Damien, so you can tell your son from me R.O.B. that no matter what anyone else says Honey from TIBB thinks it's cool ok? :wavey:

I quite like unusual names like the Geldof/Yates children, but children can be cruel in school so giving them a name that you hope won't bring them too much hassle is probably safest. My neice and nephew have very unusual names, although I won't be saying what they are here. They love them and so does eveyone they come in contact with, so I guess it depends on each individual situation whether it becomes a problem or not.