PDA

View Full Version : A piece of BB History [BBAUS Clip]

Arneldo
31-03-2007, 12:57 PM
I thought some of you might be interested to see this. This really is a pice of BB History.

This a clip from Big Brother 2004 Australia. It was the 6th week, and the 5th eviction. 5 housemates where nominated and that Sunday night housemate, Merlin, was evicted with 46% of the vote. Nobody expected the madness that would surround his eviction. Merlin left the house and then made his way towards the studio, when the live audience and the host Gretel Killeen were waiting. Merlin was introduced and then started to make his way down the plank, through the crowd, and towards the host....here’s what happened next...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzEuq2aw4JM&mode=related&search=

As much as i dislike Gretel, i think she handled the situation perfectly. Although, i would have muched preferred she didn’t cross over to the house. It worth knowing that when Gretel speaks to the house, they can see her on a plasma screen. Also, some of you might recognise a certain somebody. Miriam, from Sky One show 'There's Something About Miriam', visited the house as a guest for a few days.

Merlin was later interviewed on the Nomination show the following day. He did not receive his prizes, but did receive an I-Pod. He apologised to Gretel the following day.

Stentionhouse
31-03-2007, 02:39 PM
I'd love to see Davina's reaction if one of the BBUK HMs did something like that :tongue:

Arneldo
31-03-2007, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Stentionhouse
I'd love to see Davina's reaction if one of the BBUK HMs did something like that :tongue:

Same here. Although im sure the producers would step in very quickly. The UK eviction shows work a lot diffrently, and if a UK housemate did what Merlin did, it probley wouldnt have the same effect.

andybigbro
31-03-2007, 02:50 PM
Why did he do that?

Thanks for the Clip BTW i dont know what BB AUS is all about i dont watch it so i am confused

Arneldo
31-03-2007, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by andybigbro
Why did he do that?

Thanks for the Clip BTW i dont know what BB AUS is all about i dont watch it so i am confused

It was a politcal statment. Merlin was a refugee in Australia for a couple of years so it was something that he felt very passonitly about.

Nobody knew he was going to do it. He taped the sign to the inside of his t-shirt.

Stentionhouse
31-03-2007, 03:24 PM
I downloaded one series of BBAU and it was nothing like our one. Didn't like it, but it wasn't as bad as the US version.

Rory
31-03-2007, 03:57 PM
I downloaded one series of BBAU and it was nothing like our one. Didn't like it, but it wasn't as bad as the US version.
Thank you! I hate our version (the US is where I live)

BBAU was pretty boring last year, and I lost interest when BBUK started.

I do remember seeing this on a BBAU special they had last year (I've only seen BBAU6/BBAU5)

Arneldo
31-03-2007, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Rory
Thank you! I hate our version (the US is where I live)

BBAU was pretty boring last year, and I lost interest when BBUK started.

I do remember seeing this on a BBAU special they had last year (I've only seen BBAU6/BBAU5)

I watch B UK, Aussie and US. I have to say that out of the three the US does have the worst series.But i dont think you can really compare it to any BB around the world because its completely diffrent.

Ive watched BB4, BB5 & BB6 Aussie in full. I started watching BB3 but got bored. BB4 has been the best so far. The housemates werent extreme and very east to realate to. Last years was good aswell, but got a bit boring. BB5 was too sexual.

Ive watched BB4, and BB7 US. BB4 was good but BB7 was kinda boring.

Rory
31-03-2007, 07:51 PM
BB7US was horrible. I didn't even watch it full.

It needs style, like BBUK has. All we have is the same house design, maybe new furniture, and a recap of the past 2 days, which you don't know the full happenings of the show.

MarkWaldorf
31-03-2007, 08:03 PM
I remember seeing this last year. I got really confused by it, but I guess he's just standing up for what he believes in, and what a good way to get your view across!

Princess
31-03-2007, 09:11 PM
Wow! That was just weird! The host handled it well!

Arneldo
31-03-2007, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Princess
Wow! That was just weird! The hose handled it well!

Yes, She did. But She isnt always as professinal.

Here is a clip from last years BB, where Gretel argues with ex-housemate Michael durig the live nomination show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNXqEnNRnXc

dollyrocker
01-04-2007, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by bb4eva
I thought some of you might be interested to see this. This really is a pice of BB History.

This a clip from Big Brother 2004 Australia. It was the 6th week, and the 5th eviction. 5 housemates where nominated and that Sunday night housemate, Merlin, was evicted with 46% of the vote. Nobody expected the madness that would surround his eviction. Merlin left the house and then made his way towards the studio, when the live audience and the host Gretel Killeen were waiting. Merlin was introduced and then started to make his way down the plank, through the crowd, and towards the host....here’s what happened next...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzEuq2aw4JM&mode=related&search=

As much as i dislike Gretel, i think she handled the situation perfectly. Although, i would have muched preferred she didn’t cross over to the house. It worth knowing that when Gretel speaks to the house, they can see her on a plasma screen. Also, some of you might recognise a certain somebody. Miriam, from Sky One show 'There's Something About Miriam', visited the house as a guest for a few days.

Merlin was later interviewed on the Nomination show the following day. He did not receive his prizes, but did receive an I-Pod. He apologised to Gretel the following day.

I was there (in the BBAUS auditorium) when that happened. it was soooo wierd seeing that.

Rory
01-04-2007, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Princess
Wow! That was just weird! The hose handled it well!

Yes, She did. But She isnt always as professinal.

Here is a clip from last years BB, where Gretel argues with ex-housemate Michael durig the live nomination show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNXqEnNRnXc
lmfao. I thought that was absolute gold.

MarkWaldorf
02-04-2007, 05:04 PM
What are "Ta Refugees"?

Kristen
06-04-2007, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Markus™
What are "Ta Refugees"?

A refugee is a person who is seeking asylum in a foreign country in order to escape persecution, war, terrorism, extreme poverty, famines, and natural disaster.

Source: Wikipedia

MarkWaldorf
06-04-2007, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by kristen1985
What are "Ta Refugees"?

A refugee is a person who is seeking asylum in a foreign country in order to escape persecution, war, terrorism, extreme poverty, famines, and natural disaster.

Source: Wikipedia

Yeahh, I know what a refugee is. It said "Ta Refugee" though. :laugh:

Arneldo
06-04-2007, 09:48 PM
What are "Ta Refugees"?

It actully says "Th Refugees", just the 'h' looks like a 'a' and the 'e' from 'The' fell off.

MarkWaldorf
06-04-2007, 09:50 PM
What are "Ta Refugees"?

It actully says "Th Refugees", just the 'h' looks like a 'a' and the 'e' from 'The' fell off.

Ohhh :laugh: Thanks for clearinf that up.