PDA

View Full Version : Muslim man who wants right to multiple wives in Britain

Brillopad
12-02-2017, 10:15 AM
Interesting subject on The Big Questions today. A Muslim man wants the right to have multiple wives in Britain but does not want to extend the same right to his wives. He admits his wife is not exactly on board with this but claims it is his nature to want multiple partners and it is his right within Islam.

In my opinion this is just a selfish and controlling Muslim man who wants to try to insert that double standard misogynistic way of life into Britain. Is this the start of Muslim demands to try to enforce Muslum practice onto British society?

smudgie
12-02-2017, 10:20 AM
If he can afford to keep more than one woman/family on the go and the women share him fairly then he can get on with it.
Just as long as he doesn't expect it all to be recognised by British law.
No different to any woman that is willing to share her man with another...and men/baby fathers who think it's ok to dip their wick when and where they please.

Brillopad
12-02-2017, 10:28 AM
If he can afford to keep more than one woman/family on the go and the women share him fairly then he can get on with it.
Just as long as he doesn't expect it all to be recognised by British law.
No different to any woman that is willing to share her man with another...and men/baby fathers who think it's ok to dip their wick when and where they please.

The difference being that his wives will have no choice in this and unless his current wife wants to go it on her own with young children, which I believe would be very difficult for a Muslim woman within Muslim society, she will be forced to put up with it. Not what we want in Britain surely. A backward step for British women.

Cherie
12-02-2017, 10:41 AM
It's the non extension for his wives that is problematic, if we are truly progressive this shouldn't enter the debate, he wants it fine, but he shouldn't be able to dictate what his wives do, that's back to the woman being a chattel

Brillopad
12-02-2017, 10:44 AM
It's the non extension for his wives that is problematic, if we are truly progressive this shouldn't enter the debate, he wants it fine, but he shouldn't be able to dictate what his wives do, that's back to the woman being a chattel

Exactly. It has to be a two-way right, in practice as well as in theory, otherwise it is just enforced double standards.

Tom4784
12-02-2017, 10:46 AM
Bigamy will never be legal and he's an idiot for not wanting the same privileges extended to his wife.

Not sure what else there is to talk about tbh.

LeatherTrumpet
12-02-2017, 10:46 AM
i could barely cope with one

DemolitionRed
12-02-2017, 10:48 AM

I agree with this.

I wonder what Islamic country he's from because its unusual to take a second wife without full consent of the first wife. He must also, under Islamic law, provide separate houses for both wives and both houses must be equal in size and cost. This is why we see so many Saudis with more than one wife and not see it so much in the less wealthy Middle East. Saying that, nomads often have more than one wife but that's a whole other kettle of fish.

Withano
12-02-2017, 11:02 AM
Newstory: Man wants what he'll never have

D: this changes EVERYTHING

parmnion
12-02-2017, 11:13 AM
I would want to check the age off each wife first before fully commenting on this subject

Brillopad
12-02-2017, 11:15 AM
I would want to check the age off each wife first before fully commenting on this subject

Dare I ask - why?

VanessaFeltz.
12-02-2017, 11:24 AM
then go back to saudi arabia?

Sometimes it is really hard to protect muslim rights in west countries because some of them do not stop with equal rights, they demand more and they do it in the name of their religion. They feel like they are entitled to have more than the others.

parmnion
12-02-2017, 11:30 AM
Dare I ask - why?

You know why.

Brillopad
12-02-2017, 11:39 AM
then go back to saudi arabia?

Sometimes it is really hard to protect muslim rights in west countries because some of them do not stop with equal rights, they demand more and they do it in the name of their religion. They feel like they are entitled to have more than the others.

Very honest post and good point. Well said.

jennyjuniper
12-02-2017, 01:44 PM
Interesting subject on The Big Questions today. A Muslim man wants the right to have multiple wives in Britain but does not want to extend the same right to his wives. He admits his wife is not exactly on board with this but claims it is his nature to want multiple partners and it is his right within Islam.

In my opinion this is just a selfish and controlling Muslim man who wants to try to insert that double standard misogynistic way of life into Britain. Is this the start of Muslim demands to try to enforce Muslum practice onto British society?

If he is allowed to get away with it, then of course many others will want the same. Someone should tell this numptie that he is living in Britain and British law is the only one that matters. If he wants to live in a country that accepts multiple wives, then he is more than welcome to bugger off there.

Brillopad
12-02-2017, 02:17 PM
If he is allowed to get away with it, then of course many others will want the same. Someone should tell this numptie that he is living in Britain and British law is the only one that matters. If he wants to live in a country that accepts multiple wives, then he is more than welcome to bugger off there.

Here, here Jenny!

waterhog
12-02-2017, 03:20 PM
:devil:how humiliating for his poor wife - as for my view on this ? as in rome do as the romans do. separately as it will not be recognised by our system he is free to have as many wifes as he wants as long as he is providing for all.

if the ladys facing are so unhappy I hope they start to speak out as this is the only way it will change.

g2g = I am off to see wife number 666 she is a right devil.:devil::devil

Brillopad
12-02-2017, 03:36 PM
:devil:how humiliating for his poor wife - as for my view on this ? as in rome do as the romans do. separately as it will not be recognised by our system he is free to have as many wifes as he wants as long as he is providing for all.

if the ladys facing are so unhappy I hope they start to speak out as this is the only way it will change.

You devil you! :joker:

Kizzy
12-02-2017, 03:39 PM
Is there a link for this or is it just some random hypothetical rant type thread?

LeatherTrumpet
12-02-2017, 03:52 PM
Is there a link for this or is it just some random hypothetical rant type thread?

no need as everyone knows how to access the bbc iplayer

DemolitionRed
12-02-2017, 03:53 PM

I'm guessing its just another anti-Muslim rant. :nono:

Kizzy
12-02-2017, 03:54 PM

Hmmm thought as much.

parmnion
12-02-2017, 04:04 PM
Hmmm thought as much.

You're easily persuaded.:joker:

LeatherTrumpet
12-02-2017, 04:04 PM

Hmmm thought as much.

Do you pair even read what the thread was about ? :rolleyes:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b08fpj1q/the-big-questions-series-10-episode-6

DemolitionRed
12-02-2017, 04:10 PM
You're easily persuaded.:joker:

Wow, you're really gunning for her. Very odd!

DemolitionRed
12-02-2017, 04:14 PM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b08fpj1q/the-big-questions-series-10-episode-6

The op didn't post a link with this thread, maybe if they had there would of been a proper discussion but just like someone else on here who is in the habit of starting threads without links, its just another topic that never really gets off the ground because most people don't have the time or the inclination to go searching for the full story.

Kizzy
12-02-2017, 04:15 PM

Did you skip the first question?...

Brillopad
12-02-2017, 04:17 PM

As I said at the beginning of the thread he was on the Big Questions this morning. Arrogant twat wearing big blue glasses whose only thoughts were for his own gratification.

parmnion
12-02-2017, 04:22 PM
Wow, you're really gunning for her. Very odd!

Not really.
Just found it funny that she asked a question and decided on the answer due to one reply.

You would think someone using the debate section might allow other responses b4 coming to a conclusion...no:shrug:

LeatherTrumpet
12-02-2017, 04:24 PM
"Interesting subject on The Big Questions today. "

Not hard to work out..

parmnion
12-02-2017, 04:26 PM
I dont post links cause i use my phone to access the forum and havn't worked out the link linkage yet DR if that sly comment was directed at me

Brillopad
12-02-2017, 04:29 PM
Not really.
Just found it funny that she asked a question and decided on the answer due to one reply.

You would think someone using the debate section might allow other responses b4 coming to a conclusion...no:shrug:

Not when it someone who is like-minded in their views it seems. If they think the same then they must be right in her book. Just wishful thinking.

parmnion
12-02-2017, 04:36 PM
Not when it someone who is like-minded in their views it seems. If they think the same then they must be right in her book. Just wishful thinking.

A wee bit pointless asking the question in the first place then.

A bit like you, cause no matter the debate you wont be persuaded to change your opinion.

I do, i have learnt a lot by reading on here and have had my opinion changed on many things over the years.

From the outside looking in it does look like you all just say how you feel to begin with then just tit for tat back and forth with both sides unable or more likely unwilling to concede points.

Funny to read though and i am all for laughing.:joker:

Kizzy
12-02-2017, 04:42 PM
Not really.

If this was an isolated thread I would agree, it isn't is one of many.
All these issues have been debated to death, it isn't our law and it will never be.

Brillopad
12-02-2017, 05:06 PM
All these issues have been debated to death, it isn't our law and it will never be.

Er excuse me, this is only the second thread I have created and the other was about pushchairs on buses. I have as much right as anyone else to express my opinions on other threads.

Is it supposed to be your way or the highway or something!

DemolitionRed
12-02-2017, 05:10 PM
I dont post links cause i use my phone to access the forum and havn't worked out the link linkage yet DR if that sly comment was directed at me

No it wasn't. I don't know you other than you posting for the last few days and I've never read a topic you started.

Kizzy
12-02-2017, 05:19 PM
Er excuse me, this is only the second thread I have created and the other was about pushchairs on buses. I have as much right as anyone else to express my opinions on other threads.

Is it supposed to be your way or the highway or something!

I was questioned why I had an opinion on this already, I explained the topic has been in discussion previously.
If you want to raise it again feel free, far be it from me to stifle free speech.

parmnion
12-02-2017, 05:23 PM

Like i said then, pointless asking the question in the first place.

No worriez DS..i often get you muddled up with lther users during bb as well so i felt i have had interaction with you b4..my mistake. Sorry.

iloveaisleyne
12-02-2017, 05:45 PM
Absolutely horrible.
No. No. No.

arista
12-02-2017, 06:34 PM

yes that 10AM show today
should get a late night showing as well.

Its not legal in the UK

Northern Monkey
12-02-2017, 07:48 PM
He should as said earlier...piss off to a country that facilitates this.

parmnion
12-02-2017, 09:42 PM

But the whole reason to have more than one wife is to have more children. Which will eventually outbreed the nations population so that islam and sharia law comes into effect.

Mystic Mock
12-02-2017, 10:59 PM

Tbf that is because extreme members of Islam keep wanting this debate to go on and on until our Government just caves in.

Brillopad
13-02-2017, 04:55 AM

Have you ever asked yourself why this topic gets debated over and over again - it is clearly a subject people have strong feelings about and want to keep discussing. Surely you don't support censorship.

jennyjuniper
13-02-2017, 06:02 AM

:laugh:Well if you haven't learned by now!!:laugh:

Niamh.
13-02-2017, 09:13 AM

I'm not one for saying stuff like that usually but in this case yeah I absolutely agree, if you can't follow the laws of the land go somewhere where you can. What we absolutely don't need is archaic ideas about women being entertained in this side of the world

Liam-
13-02-2017, 09:27 AM
If he wants to have multiple wives due to his religion, fair enough, go find somewhere to live which allows that to happen, don't expect this country to chop and change our laws to suit your religion. either change and adapt to our laws or go away.

waterhog
13-02-2017, 09:46 AM
If he wants to have multiple wives due to his religion, fair enough, go find somewhere to live which allows that to happen, don't expect this country to chop and change our laws to suit your religion. either change and adapt to our laws or go away.

I have got guilt - I am going to start divorce proceedings this morning. only 1665 left do do and I am going to write them all a love of my life poem to show how much I loved them. :shrug: