PDA

View Full Version : Unpopular Video game opinions

Calderyon
16-02-2017, 12:08 PM
Post your opinions about video games that majority would deem unpopular.

VanessaFeltz.
16-02-2017, 12:17 PM
War and soccer games are boring af

Toy Soldier
16-02-2017, 12:20 PM
Since the first Modern Warfare, CoD has been trash. (probably unpopular on a large scale though I suspect many games fans would agree)

Assassin's Creed is crap. Including AC2.

Final Fantasy X-2 is a great game if you stick with it.

Marsh.
16-02-2017, 12:51 PM
Video games are for kids. :worry:

*ducks*

Scarlett.
16-02-2017, 01:01 PM
Battlefield is boring
Grand Theft Auto IV was a better game than GTA V

Denver
16-02-2017, 01:02 PM
Football Manager is the greatest ever creation

Toy Soldier
16-02-2017, 01:15 PM
Battlefield is boring
Grand Theft Auto IV was a better game than GTA V
GTA IV had a better atmosphere, better city, story and a deeper protagonist than V... I can't reasonably say it's a better GAME though because the game play mechanics themselves of V are just better across the board.

Toy Soldier
16-02-2017, 01:16 PM
Video games are for kids. :worry:

*ducks*
What is this, 1999? :hmph:

Fetch The Bolt Cutters
16-02-2017, 01:17 PM
uncharted is overrated and the tomb raider reboot series is much better :love:

Niamh.
16-02-2017, 01:19 PM
Life was better when Mario was the most popular video game :flutter:

Fetch The Bolt Cutters
16-02-2017, 01:20 PM
the 2D rayman games (the original, origins, legends) are better than the 2D mario games

Scarlett.
16-02-2017, 01:22 PM
GTA IV had a better atmosphere, better city, story and a deeper protagonist than V... I can't reasonably say it's a better GAME though because the game play mechanics themselves of V are just better across the board.

GWVtZJo-HqI

I dunno, it feels like a lot more love and care went into GTA IV, than V, GTA V is still a good game, but I've not played it nearly enough as I played GTA IV.

Niamh.
16-02-2017, 01:22 PM
the 2D rayman games (the original, origins, legends) are better than the 2D mario games

I liked Rayman but not as much as Mario or Sonic

Toy Soldier
16-02-2017, 01:25 PM
Sonic

My youngest was running around holding two fistful of small pencils and clipped her shoulder on the corner of a wall, which caused her to spin around sending the pencils flying everywhere all around her, making a chiming sound as they hit the floor,and then she ran around gathering them up again.

IRL Sonic. Best thing ever.

Niamh.
16-02-2017, 01:29 PM
My youngest was running around holding two fistful of small pencils and clipped her shoulder on the corner of a wall, which caused her to spin around sending the pencils flying everywhere all around her, making a chiming sound as they hit the floor,and then she ran around gathering them up again.

IRL Sonic. Best thing ever.

aww :laugh: Sonic has a lot of nostalgic memories for me of long teenage summers :flutter:

Brother Leon
16-02-2017, 01:32 PM
Since the first Modern Warfare, CoD has been trash. (probably unpopular on a large scale though I suspect many games fans would agree)

Assassin's Creed is crap. Including AC2.

Final Fantasy X-2 is a great game if you stick with it.

Black Ops was probably the last enjoyable Call Of Duty.

Calderyon
16-02-2017, 01:39 PM
Most Mario games seem very overrated.

Niamh.
16-02-2017, 01:40 PM
Most Mario games seem very overrated anyway.

https://media.giphy.com/media/vi2ciYHi5u0FO/giphy.gif

Ronald.
16-02-2017, 01:41 PM
Singstar is still a fun game! R.

Toy Soldier
16-02-2017, 02:27 PM
Most Mario games seem very overrated.
Yes, other than original Mario Party (N64) and Mario party 4 (Gamecube) both of which are works of genius. I still have scars from the original.

Toy Soldier
16-02-2017, 02:28 PM
Oh and Mario Golf. Obviously.

Niamh.
16-02-2017, 02:28 PM
Super Mario Kart :flutter:

Alf
16-02-2017, 02:56 PM
Pro Evolution is better than FIFA.

rk3388
16-02-2017, 04:01 PM
I'm a big Nintendo Fan - I just can't get over my love for their IPs: Legend of Zelda, Fire Emblem, Pokemon, Metroid, and Super Mario games (64, Sunshine, Galaxy etc)

Can't make the switch to XBOX or PS

Jake.
16-02-2017, 04:18 PM
Cannot fathom how Super Mario is "overrated" :think:

Super Mario World is the best 2D platformer and Super Mario 64 the best 3D

Jake.
16-02-2017, 04:19 PM
And I find Crash Bandicoot vastly overrated, but then growing up I was always Nintendo

Mystic Mock
17-02-2017, 12:05 AM
Bloodbourne was terrible, instead of easing the player into knowing how the game even plays they just throw you in at the deep end with it's difficulty, which as someone that's never played a Soul series game before Bloodbourne it was extremely unfair to expect me to adapt on level 1 , and it was buggy as hell.

Resident Evil 6 was a good game, I just think that it got abuse because Resi 5 got let off so much for some reason as that game was terrible with it's broad daylight setting.

Final Fantasy XIII was a good game with Snow being the main issue with the game.

Sonic Adventure is my favourite Sonic game as I have fond memories of it being my first game that I ever played when I was a little kid, and I loved exploring the city.

Silent Hill is the best Horror Video Game franchise as all of it's games are actually Horror games, and it's characters and environments are simply more interesting than it's counterparts.

Peach is an irritating character on Mario who just has the same story over and over again.

Mystic Mock
17-02-2017, 12:06 AM
War and soccer games are boring af

The last PES game that I played was definitely boring.

rk3388
17-02-2017, 12:37 AM
Oh another unpopular one: I find Sims extremely boring and pointless.

Joelle.
17-02-2017, 12:43 AM
Tomb Raider Legend and Underworld are better than the reboot series. Don't get me wrong the reboots are great games, but those two feel more like proper TR games (i.e. dual pistols, more actual tombs, variety of locations rather than just Yamatai/Siberia etc.)

Better than Uncharted too. Also great games but linear as hell, repetitive gun fights and Drake isn't as good a character as Lara. Definitely overrated

Marsh.
17-02-2017, 12:44 AM
Oh another unpopular one: I find Sims extremely boring and pointless.

FIRST warning

LemonJam
17-02-2017, 12:47 AM
- Final Fantasy VII is so overrated. The story and art is what makes it as good as it is, the battle system is possibly one of the worst of the series. The fights are straight up boring.

- On the other hand Final Fantasy XIII doesn't deserve the hate it gets just because of its linear gameplay. The battle system is fast and engaging, the music is gorgeous and the storyline is pretty solid.

- And of course, Final Fantasy IX is the best, but that's just fact

- The gaming industry in general just feels soooo saturated. Obviously there's some great, original games out there but when I just hear gamers talk about whatever shooting game is the big buzz at the moment I just can't even pretend I'm interested.

- Donkey Kong 64 is a seriously underrated title. I would possibly rate it over Mario 64.

- Not necessarily an opinion at all, but there needs to be a Super Mario/Grand Theft Auto hybrid.

Scarlett.
17-02-2017, 01:37 AM
- Final Fantasy VII is so overrated. The story and art is what makes it as good as it is, the battle system is possibly one of the worst of the series. The fights are straight up boring.

- On the other hand Final Fantasy XIII doesn't deserve the hate it gets just because of its linear gameplay. The battle system is fast and engaging, the music is gorgeous and the storyline is pretty solid.

- The gaming industry in general just feels soooo saturated. Obviously there's some great, original games out there but when I just hear gamers talk about whatever shooting game is the big buzz at the moment I just can't even pretend I'm interested.

- Donkey Kong 64 is a seriously underrated title. I would possibly rate it over Mario 64.

- Not necessarily an opinion at all, but there needs to be a Super Mario/Grand Theft Auto hybrid.

I was gonna mention the FFXIII one, but I don't think it would have meant as much coming from the FF fanatic :joker:

Tregard
19-02-2017, 10:12 AM
Symmetra is the best Overwatch character

The Witness was the best game of 2016

DouglasS
19-02-2017, 10:13 AM
Mario Kart is the best game ever that never gets old, better than all the modern games

and Tomb Raider is ****, and the modern series has entirely copied the superior Uncharted

Life Is Strange is the best DLC game ever released

Resident Evil 5 is great and is only seen as bad because Resident Evil 4 was so good

DouglasS
19-02-2017, 10:15 AM

YES
Donkey Kong 64 is one of the most underrated games ever

DouglasS
19-02-2017, 10:15 AM
Nintendo games are much more fun than Xbox/Playstation - they are more imaginative and just appeal to a wider audience and take themselves less serious

RichardG
19-02-2017, 11:42 AM
uncharted sucks.

assassin's creed sucks.

skyrim is average, as is gta v - i don't understand the hype at all.

world war 2 shooters are far superior to modern/futuristic + call of duty world at war was by far the best in the series.

trackmania is extremely underrated, tm turbo is the greatest racing game to come out in a long time.

Macie Lightfoot
19-02-2017, 12:36 PM

oooh sis I've been watching a lot of video game videos on YouTube lately and the only thing that has been stopping me from breaking out my N64 and a bunch of Rare games (DK64 and Banjo-Kazooie mainly) is that idk where my expansion pack is. I have the same dilemma for GBA games bc I want to play all the DKC ports but idk where my SP/DA chargers are :(

Black Dagger
19-02-2017, 01:24 PM
I don't get and never will, the love for Pokemon games.

Tom4784
19-02-2017, 01:36 PM

https://31.media.tumblr.com/f8d1f46ce320b7df57f45bc69ab7dd3c/tumblr_inline_nd1rgdOHPH1rac694.jpg

Fetch The Bolt Cutters
19-02-2017, 01:59 PM

:clap1:

Fetch The Bolt Cutters
19-02-2017, 01:59 PM
the witcher 3 is better than skyrim

LemonJam
21-02-2017, 05:31 AM
oooh sis I've been watching a lot of video game videos on YouTube lately and the only thing that has been stopping me from breaking out my N64 and a bunch of Rare games (DK64 and Banjo-Kazooie mainly) is that idk where my expansion pack is. I have the same dilemma for GBA games bc I want to play all the DKC ports but idk where my SP/DA chargers are :(

iirc I think I bought an expansion pack super cheap online! There was only like 2 games I used it for (one of which was F-Zero 64 where the only benefit was being able to see ****ty 2D images of the racers on the podium :joker:) but if you're on a N64 revival kick I'd recommend getting another one, even if only for DK64 alone!

Macie Lightfoot
21-02-2017, 06:25 PM
ooh that's tempting! I actually broke out my DS yesterday and put back in the Super Mario 64 port bc I was missing one or two stars -- 100 coins on Tall Tall Mountain and one of the secret stars (I *think* the one where Mario has to fly from cloud to cloud and get 8 red coins?) -- and then before I could make any legitimate progress my low battery light came on and idk where my charger is! What a shame.

Deirdre
25-02-2017, 11:13 PM
as already said, Asssassin's Creed sucks. I like how long it is though, can play for weeks but so boring and repetitive.

Denver
25-02-2017, 11:33 PM

I found it disturbing that grown ass twats were orgasming over a kids game when it came out last year