PDA

View Full Version : Last night in Sweden?

Niamh.
20-02-2017, 09:37 AM
#LastNightInSweden: celebrities and the Swedish mock Donald Trump's bizarre claims

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/content/dam/news/2017/02/18/JS121103532_REUTERS_Trump-holds-a-rally-in-Melbourne-NEWS-large_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqxnlSljj15z1o8iKqMGA7twru3Y J7ofjoT4IOPfiqeog.jpg

Donald Trump has baffled everyone from politicians to celebrities with the strange claims he made about Sweden over the weekend.

Although he has insisted his reference was to an as yet unidentified Fox News story, many have been left trying to figure out exactly what he meant.

"You look at what's happening last night in Sweden," Mr Trump said. "Sweden. Who would believe this? Sweden. They took in large numbers. They're having problems like they never thought possible."

No incident occurred in Sweden and the country's baffled government asked the US State Department to explain.

"My statement as to what's happening in Sweden was in reference to a story that was broadcast on @FoxNews concerning immigrants & Sweden," Mr Trump said in a tweet on Sunday.

A White House spokeswoman told reporters after the incident that Mr Trump had been referring generally to rising crime and not a specific incident in the Scandinavian country, after Fox News linked reported rising crime rates in the country to immigration.

Of course, jokes and memes sprung up on social media and people sprang up to share their views about what on Earth happened in Sweden.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/02/20/lastnightinsweden-celebrities-swedish-mock-donald-trumps-bizarre/

Shaun
20-02-2017, 09:40 AM
It's genuinely terrifying that his supporters believe they can make up their own news, accuse the actual news of not covering it in order to get them all shut down, and then just have everyone accept their versions of events.

Niamh.
20-02-2017, 09:42 AM
It's genuinely terrifying that his supporters believe they can make up their own news, accuse the actual news of not covering it in order to get them all shut down, and then just have everyone accept their versions of events.

eerie familiarity about that...............

arista
20-02-2017, 10:00 AM
He watches Docu's and reports
but they are from the past.

This is normal for the President
why all this FUSS?

Niamh.
20-02-2017, 10:04 AM
He watches Docu's and reports
but they are from the past.

This is normal for the President
why all this FUSS?

perfectly normal indeed :umm2:

Toy Soldier
20-02-2017, 10:04 AM
The major problem is that much of the US population is very inward-looking... A lot of people never leave their own STATE, in their entire lives, let alone the country and there is a large amount of ignorance and misunderstanding about the world in general. So basically the news can report pretty much anything and it'll be believed by the unquestioning ones. For example, that white people "can't go into Birmingham because it's 100% immigrants now!". Remember that one?

The scary part of course is that now, one of the gullible / unquestioning ones is the ****ing president.

arista
20-02-2017, 10:06 AM
perfectly normal indeed :umm2:

He is not a Politician
he has loads of TV screens like me.

All Normal.

Niamh.
20-02-2017, 10:06 AM
The major problem is that much of the US population is very inward-looking... A lot of people never leave their own STATE, in their entire lives, let alone the country and there is a large amount of ignorance and misunderstanding about the world in general. So basically the news can report pretty much anything and it'll be believed by the unquestioning ones. For example, that white people "can't go into Birmingham because it's 100% immigrants now!". Remember that one?

The scary part of course is that now, one of the gullible / unquestioning ones is the ****ing president.

And you can be sure that there's still alot of people over there now thinking that something horrific just happened in Sweden

Niamh.
20-02-2017, 10:08 AM
He is not a Politician
he has loads of TV screens like me.

All Normal.

He's the ****ing President of United States of America, he's a Politician now whether he likes it or not and he should be making sure his facts are actual facts before he spouts them off

arista
20-02-2017, 10:14 AM
He's the ****ing President of United States of America, he's a Politician now whether he likes it or not and he should be making sure his facts are actual facts before he spouts them off

Yes He does Like picking on CNN
CNN is big enough to handle that
and be more positive.........

[Born:
14 June 1946 (age 70)

Nickname:“The Donald”

Elected President:9 November 2016

Presidential inauguration:20 January 2017

Education:Economics at the University of Pennsylvania

Net worth:$4.5 billion (2016 Forbes estimate), making him the wealthiest US president

Before politics:Mr Trump was already a household name in the United States, as the star of TV show The Apprentice. As chairman of the Trump organisation, he was involved in a number of high-profile real estate development projects, as well as licensing his personal brand to be used by other businesses

Weaknesses:Mr Trump’s brash statements have caused controversy and alienated some traditional Republicans]

arista
20-02-2017, 10:18 AM
He does not Qualify things on a live Mic.
so he is right to to say did they see Sweden
(but missed out the Docu' report on FoxNewsHD)

I hope todays Daily Politics BBC2HD mid day
has obtained a clip of that Fox news docu.
If Not Ch4HD 7PM
or SkyNewsHD,

When The President talks to the nation
he reads from a script.

So you will get used to him.
And you have * 8 Fantastic years *

In a way
like you all got used to me.

arista
20-02-2017, 10:25 AM
"making sure his facts"

Yes Sweden
let in too many migrants

Niamh.
20-02-2017, 10:30 AM
"making sure his facts"

Yes Sweden
let in too many migrants

But what happened that night he was talking about? Sweden was confused :think:

arista
20-02-2017, 10:40 AM
But what happened that night he was talking about? Sweden was confused :think:

Yes as Sweden did not watch the FoxNewsHD
Docu ' report like the President did.

Niamh.
20-02-2017, 10:41 AM
Yes as Sweden did not watch the FoxNewsHD
Docu ' report like the President did.

But but but Sweden is actually ummm in Sweden :hehe:

ebandit
20-02-2017, 11:01 AM
....his eyes are on their $.................their women...........

ya divvunt wanna be trumped....................

Mark L

Toy Soldier
20-02-2017, 11:11 AM
but Sweden is actually ummm in Sweden

Triggered.

Denver
20-02-2017, 11:21 AM
Trump is Ivanka

Kizzy
20-02-2017, 11:21 AM
Let's start our own :laugh: I'll go first...

#LastnightinSweden.... Somebody somewhere was listening to Abba.

Niamh.
20-02-2017, 11:28 AM
Let's start our own :laugh: I'll go first...

#LastnightinSweden.... Somebody somewhere was listening to Abba.

:hehe:

#LastnightinSweden ...... A couple fell out while flat packing an Ikea dressing table

Kizzy
20-02-2017, 11:31 AM
:joker: :joker: :joker:

arista
20-02-2017, 11:40 AM
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/02/19/22/3D6A176100000578-0-Twitter_users_were_quick_to_mock_Trump_s_comments_ tweeting_a_man-m-13_1487544170282.jpg

IKEA sold out

Niamh.
20-02-2017, 11:40 AM
:laugh2:

LeatherTrumpet
20-02-2017, 11:45 AM
Plenty swedish callers into LBC at breakfast today confirming what the fox news report said

actual people on the ground. sounds horrible

Kizzy
20-02-2017, 11:46 AM
Plenty swedish callers into LBC at breakfast today confirming what the fox news report said

actual people on the ground. sounds horrible

Evidence?

Kizzy
20-02-2017, 11:47 AM
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/02/19/22/3D6A176100000578-0-Twitter_users_were_quick_to_mock_Trump_s_comments_ tweeting_a_man-m-13_1487544170282.jpg

IKEA sold out

Arista! You made a funny :)

:hee::hee::hee:

Toy Soldier
20-02-2017, 12:20 PM
Evidence?

I reckon it was just Trump doing a Swedish Chef voice.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e7/The_Swedish_Chef.jpg

Livia
20-02-2017, 12:54 PM
So thread made about the veteran Swedish copper... you know, where all those on the Left called him a bigot and a racist.... that never happened, then? He made it all up? The Swedish government has denied they have a problem. Pretty much what our own government would do... deny everything.

Niamh.
20-02-2017, 01:47 PM
So thread made about the veteran Swedish copper... you know, where all those on the Left called him a bigot and a racist.... that never happened, then? He made it all up? The Swedish government has denied they have a problem. Pretty much what our own government would do... deny everything.

One person on that thread called that Cop a bigot so that's a bit of an exaggeration. Also, the statement that Donald Trump originally made, made it sound like something major happened in Sweden last night, like a terrorist attack or something, he later back tracked making it sound like he meant crime rate in Sweden in general because of something he watched on Fox

Withano
20-02-2017, 02:02 PM

Is that what he was in about lol? I assumed he confused Sweden with Sewan, Pakistan?..
Christ its gonna be a long four years

Niamh.
20-02-2017, 03:00 PM
I just saw this on FB #JeSuisIKEA :hehe:

https://www.indy100.com/article/donald-trump-conspiracy-theory-sweden-je-suis-cover-up-attack-7589191

**We should also point out that there was a terror attack in Sweden last month which went largely underreported.

Three suspected neo-Nazis were arrested in January after an Asylum centre was targeted with a homemade bomb. One person was seriously injured.

Withano
20-02-2017, 04:02 PM
I just saw this on FB #JeSuisIKEA :hehe:

https://www.indy100.com/article/donald-trump-conspiracy-theory-sweden-je-suis-cover-up-attack-7589191

**We should also point out that there was a terror attack in Sweden last month which went largely underreported.

Three suspected neo-Nazis were arrested in January after an Asylum centre was targeted with a homemade bomb. One person was seriously injured.

#prayforabba hahaha

LeatherTrumpet
20-02-2017, 05:00 PM
One person on that thread called that Cop a bigot so that's a bit of an exaggeration. Also, the statement that Donald Trump originally made, made it sound like something major happened in Sweden last night, like a terrorist attack or something, he later back tracked making it sound like he meant crime rate in Sweden in general because of something he watched on Fox

So you are cross with him because you thought he meant something and when he said er no I meant this yiu are even crosser?

Niamh.
20-02-2017, 05:03 PM
So you are cross with him because you thought he meant something and when he said er no I meant this yiu are even crosser?
I'm cross with him? No hes comedy gold [emoji23]

LeatherTrumpet
20-02-2017, 05:09 PM
I'm cross with him? No hes comedy gold [emoji23]

And to think you wanted that dull bitch Clinton

I hope now you realise how lucky you now are:hee:

arista
20-02-2017, 05:16 PM
Arista! You made a funny :)

:hee::hee::hee:

Why Ever Not

Saturday Night Live have a week off
so we need to fill the gaps

arista
20-02-2017, 05:19 PM

Yes LT
we could be in a War by now
if the Nasty Women won

LeatherTrumpet
20-02-2017, 05:32 PM
Trump has raised circulations, listenership and viewing figures as well as Internet traffic DRAMATICALLY

He literally has made media great again

Outstanding

Mystic Mock
20-02-2017, 05:34 PM

Whilst there's an exaggeration about Birmingham, there are a few no go zone areas in Birmingham that if you're a minority race in that area then you'll have a tough time coping there like Kingstanding, Alum Rock, deep into Nechells just to name a few.

Niamh.
20-02-2017, 06:14 PM

I did? When did i say I supported Hilary?

Brillopad
20-02-2017, 06:16 PM
This thread is hilarious - like a bunch of over-excited five year olds who heard their most hated and feared teacher was leaving. The witchhunt mentality of some lefties is worse than anything Trump has done. Talk about true colours.

Niamh.
20-02-2017, 06:33 PM
This thread is hilarious - like a bunch of over-excited five year olds who heard their most hated and feared teacher was leaving. The witchhunt mentality of some lefties is worse than anything Trump has done. Talk about true colours.
Trump just keeps on giving [emoji23]

arista
20-02-2017, 06:35 PM
I did? When did i say I supported Hilary?

you have been Anti Trump
for some time
Fine Lady

arista
20-02-2017, 06:37 PM
Trump just keeps on giving [emoji23]

We need the Saturday night show
on UK and Ireland TV.

That is so funny.

Niamh.
20-02-2017, 06:37 PM
you have been Anti Trump
for some time
Fine Lady
Being anti Trump doesnt make me pro Hillary though, Bernie was the only one I liked

arista
20-02-2017, 06:44 PM
Being anti Trump doesnt make me pro Hillary though, Bernie was the only one I liked

Yes I also Like Bernie

Niamh.
20-02-2017, 06:45 PM
Yes I also Like Bernie
God knows how Hilary beat him

arista
20-02-2017, 06:56 PM
God knows how Hilary beat him

Bill Clinton
dirty dealings

Northern Monkey
20-02-2017, 09:24 PM
This is hilarious.I think he's meant 'last night on the show i saw about Sweden' but he's worded it wrong and now it looks as if he's said there was some major terrorist event happened in Sweden and confused the WHOLE WORLD.It's fecking comedy genius and you couldn't make it up.

Niamh.
21-02-2017, 09:10 AM
This is hilarious.I think he's meant 'last night on the show i saw about Sweden' but he's worded it wrong and now it looks as if he's said there was some major terrorist event happened in Sweden and confused the WHOLE WORLD.It's fecking comedy genius and you couldn't make it up.

:laugh:

arista
22-02-2017, 09:30 AM
[Rioters began setting fire to cars, throwing stones at police and looting shops in the Rinkeby district of Stockholm
Suburb, north of central Stockholm, has a population of 75 per cent immigrants
Donald Trump made his confusing remarks about immigration in Sweden at his Florida rally on Saturday ]

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4245322/Riots-Stockholm-suburb-Trump-mentioned-speech.html#ixzz4ZPORKjfE

A New Update
thank you Kaz who posted it on my thread
Its also on a CNBC link
so not just the DM

LeatherTrumpet
22-02-2017, 09:44 AM
Swedish police on Tuesday were investigating a riot that broke out overnight in a predominantly immigrant suburb in Stockholm after officers arrested a suspect on drug charges.

The clashes started late Monday when a police car arrested a suspect and people started throwing stones at them in Rinkeby, north of Stockholm. Unidentified people, including some wearing masks, also set cars on fire and looted shops.

One officer was slightly injured when a rock hit his arm and one person was arrested for throwing rocks, police spokesman Lars Bystrom said Tuesday.

Some civilians who tried to stop the looters were also assaulted, he added.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/02/21/swedish-police-investigate-riot-predominantly-immigrant-suburb/

This has sparked a debate in Sweden about "no go areas"

Shocking but thank goodness President Trump has shone a light on it

Toy Soldier
22-02-2017, 10:06 AM
First president ever to report a false flag incident before it actually happened? Idiot got his days wrong and broke the embargo, clearly.

Brillopad
22-02-2017, 10:11 AM
Swedish police on Tuesday were investigating a riot that broke out overnight in a predominantly immigrant suburb in Stockholm after officers arrested a suspect on drug charges.

The clashes started late Monday when a police car arrested a suspect and people started throwing stones at them in Rinkeby, north of Stockholm. Unidentified people, including some wearing masks, also set cars on fire and looted shops.

One officer was slightly injured when a rock hit his arm and one person was arrested for throwing rocks, police spokesman Lars Bystrom said Tuesday.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/02/21/swedish-police-investigate-riot-predominantly-immigrant-suburb/

Unfortunately this Type of incident is becoming more common in predominantly immigrant ares all over Europe and apparently we are not supposed to make any kind of link to mass immigration or express any concerns over this . Absolute madness.

Kazanne
22-02-2017, 10:16 AM
Don't know if this is on topic,but it does seem they do have problems http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4245322/Riots-Stockholm-suburb-Trump-mentioned-speech.html

Denver
22-02-2017, 10:55 AM

Every country has places like this i mean the US have the most no go area's

Denver
22-02-2017, 10:56 AM
The daily mail make everything up

arista
22-02-2017, 11:29 AM
The daily mail make everything up

CNBC , don't , Adam
http://www.cnbc.com/2017/02/21/overnight-riots-in-predominately-immigrant-stockholm-suburb.html

Livia
22-02-2017, 11:31 AM

You should try Palestine... Or Libya... or Algeria... or Pakistan... I think you'll agree they have the best no-go areas.

arista
22-02-2017, 11:34 AM
[This has sparked a debate in Sweden about "no go areas"

Shocking but thank goodness President Trump has shone a light on it]

Bang On Right LT

LeatherTrumpet
22-02-2017, 11:43 AM

really, what do you base that on?

Toy Soldier
22-02-2017, 11:45 AM
Meh. Edinburgh has areas that even the police won't enter without a significant amount of backup, and it's had them for decades. Not because of immigrants, either.

Niamh.
22-02-2017, 11:49 AM

You don't think every country has really bad areas that people avoid? I know we have alot of them here anyhow

Toy Soldier
22-02-2017, 12:02 PM

Have you ever lived in Paisley?

Brillopad
22-02-2017, 12:04 PM
Have you ever lived in Paisley?

There will more Paisleys then - I think that's the point is it not.

Toy Soldier
22-02-2017, 12:07 PM
There will more Paisleys then - I think that's the point is it not.

Not really. Paisley has had all-white-native-british no go areas forever. Dundee has some awful ones too, the city has a massive %age of student population, but there are very clear "student no-go areas".

The point is that it's a socio-economic ("class", if you will) issue and not a race issue. These areas do and will always exist for so long as there is significant inequality and people are marginalised. It's not "because of their culture" or "because they're Muslims" - it's because these areas are becoming economically deprived ghettos. Doesn't matter WHO lives in them.

Brillopad
22-02-2017, 12:18 PM
Not really. Paisley has had all-white-native-british no go areas forever. Dundee has some awful ones too, the city has a massive %age of student population, but there are very clear "student no-go areas".

The point is that it's a socio-economic ("class", if you will) issue and not a race issue. These areas do and will always exist for so long as there is significant inequality and people are marginalised. It's not "because of their culture" or "because they're Muslims" - it's because these areas are becoming economically deprived ghettos. Doesn't matter WHO lives in them.

I think we see evidence already in large cities of cultural 'ghettos' as well as purely socio-economic ones, and I don't think it's simply based on one-sided 'racism' either it can be and is a two-sided thing, and I can only see the problem getting worse.

Toy Soldier
22-02-2017, 12:25 PM
I think we see evidence already in large cities of cultural 'ghettos' as well as purely socio-economic ones, and I don't think it's simply based on one-sided 'racism' either it can be and is a two-sided thing, and I can only see the problem getting worse.

The problem in both cases is marginalisation and poor integration, though. In my opinion, if we as a country put as much thought and effort into finding ways to ensure/promote the integration of people arriving, instead of trying to stop people from arriving in the first place... we wouldn't have half of the "problems with immigration" that we do have.