View Full Version : Champions League

James
10-04-2007, 08:47 PM
Man U 7 Roma 1 (8-3 agg)

Valencia 1 Chelsea 2 (2-3 agg)

More trouble outside Man Utd ground. :sad:

Mike
10-04-2007, 08:51 PM
Get in, when Chelsea scored right at the end i was actually running around the living room, after we went 1 down i thought we had no chance but give the lads credit they kept going - well done to United as well, great peformance.

James
10-04-2007, 09:07 PM
I must say Clive Tyldesley (the ITV commentator) was sounding especially satisfied with himself tonight. :hugesmile:

LargeAndInCharge
10-04-2007, 09:08 PM
liverpool are going to win lads so dont get to excited lol

Emilee
10-04-2007, 09:17 PM
No way..... After Man U's performance tonight. Man u are gonna win!

LargeAndInCharge
10-04-2007, 09:23 PM
well i can say u wouldnt want to play united but it will be a very good final

Emilee
10-04-2007, 09:29 PM
Deffnatley. :hello:

BigSister
10-04-2007, 10:16 PM
yeah im hoping for an all english final that would be great ^_^

Emilee
11-04-2007, 02:31 PM
Hell yer......... I think that might just happen.... :cheer2:

James
24-04-2007, 07:42 PM
Man Utd 1 Milan 2 at half-time. Kaka has scored two.

SiMoN!
24-04-2007, 07:56 PM
hope man utd can pull something out of the bag 2nd half now

Mike
24-04-2007, 09:20 PM
Man Utd 3 Milan 2 - Full time result

SiMoN!
24-04-2007, 09:21 PM
what a 2nd half

all we need now is for liverpool to win then it will be a good week

Jay
24-04-2007, 10:19 PM
First half we started good and got the early goal but from their our passing was poor, and Kaka scored 2 great goals. Second half we played brilliant passed the ball really well and dominated and got 2 amazing goals threw Rooney and what an important 90th minute goal from Rooney.

GiRTh
25-04-2007, 08:49 AM
Rooney was brilliant. Nesta more or less kept him quiet but for the two times that Rooney scored. Nesta was great btw but Rooney showed some true class last night.

Mike
25-04-2007, 03:06 PM
I don't see United qualifing to be honest not now Milan have two goals, obviously want them to but it's a very hard place to go. Kaka scored two cracking goals last night, he will need to be kept queit next week for sure as hes clearly their 'main' man along with Seedorf, infact without them two Milan would never have got the two goals.

GiRTh
25-04-2007, 03:11 PM
You may be right Mike.

Seedorf is an interesting one. He was a member of the great Ajax side of the early nineties, has played for entirely big clubs thoughout his career, but he's always failed to win me over. He played well last night though.

Kaka is one of the best in the worl right now. I hope Man U will have a full squad available or it could 3 or 4 nil.

Jay
25-04-2007, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Mike
I don't see United qualifing to be honest not now Milan have two goals, obviously want them to but it's a very hard place to go. Kaka scored two cracking goals last night, he will need to be kept queit next week for sure as hes clearly their 'main' man along with Seedorf, infact without them two Milan would never have got the two goals.

I see what you mean but also you have to remember they have to try and stop us from scoring, with our midfield in form and Rooney to i can see us winning in Milan they have 2 or 3 good attacking players we have 5 or 6. Also with our pace upfront we will be dangerous on the counter attack.

Dan_
25-04-2007, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Jay
Originally posted by Mike

I see what you mean but also you have to remember they have to try and stop us from scoring, with our midfield in form and Rooney to i can see us winning in Milan they have 2 or 3 good attacking players we have 5 or 6. Also with our pace upfront we will be dangerous on the counter attack.

I agree with you Jay, United are always going to create chances and usually end up scoring.If Milan are without Gattuso and Maldini they are going to struggle to keep United restricted.

James
25-04-2007, 10:37 PM
Chelsea 1 Liverpool 0

I don't want to see an all-English final btw, so hope Milan can turn it around in the second leg. :tongue:

Mike
25-04-2007, 11:06 PM
It's still a tough one to call with both games being so close, right now i'm saying Chelsea v Milan final but obviously we will have to wait and see and no doubt Liverpool and United fans won't agree.

GiRTh
26-04-2007, 08:20 AM
I wouldn't mind an all English final just as long as Liverpool aren't there.

I think Chelsea will go through. I don't see Liverpool winning by 2 clear goals at Anfield. Let's just hope Manu Utd can hold on in Milan.

Jay
26-04-2007, 12:51 PM
I think for some reason and have done for weeks that it could be a liverpool v Utd final, because Liverpool had a few chances against Chelsea last night also Liverpool seem to do well at anfield against Chelsea, and i think United are capable of getting 2 goals in Milan even though we only need a draw.

SiMoN!
01-05-2007, 09:39 PM
COME ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Liverpool should have won anyway

Dan_
01-05-2007, 09:48 PM
Well that was a very interesting game, see Mourinho is moaning about Liverpool's tactics, hardly like Chelsea did much different.

Reina really is looking the difference in penalty shootouts, fa cup final last year and now this game.

Mike
01-05-2007, 09:51 PM
I could have cried watching those Liverpool fans celebrate although to be fair they deserved it because they wanted it more, there was far too many Chelsea players i.e Lampard, Drogba, Kalou just not on their game tonight, almost strolling around like it meant nothing, feel sorry for all fans that made the long trip up there they deserved better IMO.

Dan_
01-05-2007, 09:53 PM
Lampard really was huge let down for your lot tonight Mike, barely see him get involved in the midfield battle,with you having Mikel, Makelele and Lampard against just Mascherano and Gerrard they should've held the upper hand.

SiMoN!
01-05-2007, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Dan_
Well that was a very interesting game, see Mourinho is moaning about Liverpool's tactics, hardly like Chelsea did much different.

Reina really is looking the difference in penalty shootouts, fa cup final last year and now this game.

i no he cant just say well done
he said chelsea played better - i dont no what game he was watching but chelsea were crap
liverpool wasnt at there best but like mike said they wanted it more

Mike
01-05-2007, 09:56 PM
Your right Dan Lampard was a huge dissapointment considering these sort of games are seen as him vs Gerrard, Makelele and Mikel did ok but most of the time just looked over run in the middle, oh well gutted but life goes on...

SiMoN!
01-05-2007, 09:57 PM
to me Lampard is the most over rated player ever

GiRTh
02-05-2007, 12:28 PM
I was hugely disappointed by Chelsea. Mourinho can't moan about Liverpools tactis cuz Cehlsea showed little more than hoofing the ball up to Drogba; who always seemed to have two redshirts around him. A bunch of players didn't turn up for Chelsea most of all Lampard - who is not overrated by the way - but also Kalou and Joe Cole. Chelsea semd to lack ideas and Liverpool tactics seemed to be similar to most championship teams ie. hustle in midfield. the thing is when Liverpool started to tire - as is inevitable with that tactic - Chelsea started to play some good footbal but didn't have the cutting edge to create chances until Robben and Wright Phillips came on.

To the final. I wanted Man Utd versus Chelsea but now Liverpool are through I want Milan to win. Why? cus there is not a chance in hell that Liverpool will beat them again in the final. Those Milan players will be so fired up cos of two years ago that Liverpool could get the beaten they deserve. If Manu U go through I see calssic final that may see Liverpool turn out on top.

Legend
02-05-2007, 05:08 PM
The game was amazing last night, the atmosphere in the ground really was boss. I couldn't believe it came down to penalties. I hope Man U win now, they'd be an easier game because as Girth said, Milan won't want a repeat of 2 years ago.

I really want to go to the final!!

SiMoN!
02-05-2007, 07:58 PM
i am goin to cry if Man Utd dont win

but i think there geting bk into it

Dan_
02-05-2007, 08:02 PM
You can never write them off but Milan seem impressive tonight.

SiMoN!
02-05-2007, 08:04 PM
well lets hope it a game of 2 halfs
its looking that way

but man utd just cant seem to get it in

Dan_
02-05-2007, 08:26 PM
3-0 to AC Milan now, cannot believe how dominant they have been, still two goals needed but that would only take it to extra time.

Mike
02-05-2007, 09:10 PM
United were a massive let down, don't get me wrong Milan were on top form and the likes of Gattuso, Seedorf and Kaka ran the show but United just didn't really get near them, just like Chelsea poor performances from big players.

Razmataz
02-05-2007, 09:52 PM
Bout time the SCUM of the premiership got beaten. :thumbs: