PDA

View Full Version : Unsung hero of the premiership

Mike
13-04-2007, 02:41 PM
Who do you think has been the unsung hero of the premiership this season? who hasn't been getting the praise they deserve simply because the bigger name players are constantly talked about

GiRTh
13-04-2007, 02:42 PM
Linvoy Primus - Legs like tree trunks

Dan_
13-04-2007, 06:48 PM
Joleon Lescott of Everton has had a great season, Everton don't seem to concede many and he's one of the main reason's for that.For a player that's never played in the prem before he's certainly looked assured.

Benni McCarthy of Blackburn has not had a great deal of praise but he's got 20 goals this season, could easily see him playing in a top side.

Some of the reading players have also done very well like Sidwell, Harper,Ingirmarsson and Kevin Doyle.

Mike
13-04-2007, 10:44 PM
Joleon Lescott is a class player and the good thing about him is hes consistant and fair which is always a good thing with footballers, Linvoy Primus is definately another one hes done a great job for Portsmouth.

Jay
13-04-2007, 11:24 PM
For me it's Martins of Newcastle first season in premiership has 20 goals and also has proved he is the player to fill Alan Shearers number 9 shirt.

Also Matt Taylor has had a great season at Pompey and has scored some amazing goals very surprised he hasn't been called up to the England squad.

GiRTh
18-04-2007, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Jay
For me it's Martins of Newcastle first season in premiership has 20 goals and also has proved he is the player to fill Alan Shearers number 9 shirtI agree Jay. It's amazing, but do you know that some Newcastle fans aren't too keen on him. Frigging Geordies.

I'm surprised to hear that Benni McCarthy has scored that many goals. I knew he was doing well but that's incredible.

Jay
18-04-2007, 04:18 PM
I think Martins has shown he's a class player without his goals they would be much further down the table, he's had a great season.

Mike
18-04-2007, 05:08 PM
Martins is a decent player, i think the main reason he doesn't get the credit he deserves is he had a slow start and hardly anyone was giving him a chance , good for him though because he sure has turned things around.

Jay
18-04-2007, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Mike
Martins is a decent player, i think the main reason he doesn't get the credit he deserves is he had a slow start and hardly anyone was giving him a chance , good for him though because he sure has turned things around.

Yeah also you have to remember he's had alot of pressure on him this season, with Shearer retiring and Owen being injured he's had to lead the frontline on his own and he has done a great job.

BigSister
19-04-2007, 06:17 PM
I would say Doyle too of reading and also taylor of portsmouth also mc carthy as well

Jay
19-04-2007, 10:27 PM
Also theres Pederson of Blackburn whose poped up with some good goals this season another decent player.

Dan_
19-04-2007, 10:45 PM
Pedersen's a great player, could easily fit into one of the top 4's starting lineup but he's just signed a new deal at Blackburn.

Another player who's impressed me of late is Hameur Bouazza of Watford, was not even in their team last season at one point and spent a couple of months on loan at Swindon but he's taken his chance and looked a premiership standard player, if he stays with Watford next year I can see him being a vital player for them.

Jay
20-04-2007, 12:10 AM
Yeah exactly, he's scored a fair few goals this season but to be honest they will do well to keep hold of him, i can see him playing either for a newly promoted club or a mid-table team.

InTheHood
22-04-2007, 10:00 AM
Ryan Nelsen, Emanuel Pogatetz, Joleon Lescott, Nicky Shorey.

Unsung heroes tend to be defenders or defensive midfielders