PDA

View Full Version : Book or street smart?

Redway
04-07-2017, 02:43 AM
Would you rather be academically inclined and analytical or streetwise and hard? Theoretically or practically adept?

Gstar
04-07-2017, 02:47 AM
You chose books. I chose looks

Redway
04-07-2017, 06:40 PM
I'd go for books if I had to choose.

smudgie
04-07-2017, 08:57 PM
Reasonable at both I guess.
Common sense can be more valuable than academia at times.

Brillopad
05-07-2017, 10:16 AM
You chose books. I chose looks

That is very short-term thinking. It doesn't matter how good looking someone is if they are thick as sh**e and/or no personality - most would be bored by them. Not to mention looks fade quite quickly and only last for short percentage of your lifespan - you only have to see all those sad women spending thousands trying to recapture their youth and looks - it never works.

Most of the the time they look worse than if they just let nature take its course. Too much partying and not enough taking care of yourself quickly takes it toll.

waterhog
05-07-2017, 11:46 AM
Would you rather be academically inclined and analytical or streetwise and hard? Theoretically or practically adept?

I am one of the most intelligent people in the world but can you explain the question - I don't understand it :joker:

LeatherTrumpet
05-07-2017, 11:51 AM
the streets are my books, the gutter my teacher and the stars are, not really visible due to shocking light pollution

:umm2:

Withano
05-07-2017, 11:59 AM
That is very short-term thinking. It doesn't matter how good looking someone is if they are thick as sh**e and/or no personality - most would be bored by them. Not to mention looks fade quite quickly and only last for short percentage of your lifespan - you only have to see all those sad women spending thousands trying to recapture their youth and looks - it never works.

Most of the the time they look worse than if they just let nature take its course. Too much partying and not enough taking care of yourself quickly takes it toll.

Its a quote from a film, calm down

Brillopad
05-07-2017, 04:54 PM

Perfectly calm thank you.

Withano
05-07-2017, 04:58 PM
Perfectly calm thank you.

Oh good, you've calmed down in the six hours between making a ridic rant at a film quote and now lol.

Brillopad
05-07-2017, 05:08 PM
Oh good, you've calmed down in the six hours between making a ridic rant at a film quote and now lol.

:shrug:

Livia
06-07-2017, 01:36 PM
Some of the stupidest people I've ever met have a degree, some of them more than one. Conversely, I know some very successful people who didn't do well at school for one reason or another and yet have excelled in their career or in building a business. It all depends on the individual, I reckon.

Redway
06-07-2017, 09:51 PM
Some of the stupidest people I've ever met have a degree, some of them more than one. Conversely, I know some very successful people who didn't do well at school for one reason or another and yet have excelled in their career or in building a business. It all depends on the individual, I reckon.
Yeah. Some peeps are born hustlers and others just have to compensate with book smarts to make up for their lack of street sense. It's an individual thing for sure, innit.

Gstar
06-07-2017, 09:57 PM

:laugh:

Mystic Mock
07-07-2017, 12:24 AM
Neither.:joker:

Edit... I'd rather be booksmart.