PDA

View Full Version : If I'm not going to uni

Will.
17-08-2017, 10:31 PM
Do I just ignore the stuff on ucas.

Like I got the email/message today saying congrats on your place but I'm not going.

Wizard.
17-08-2017, 10:32 PM
You should really tell them...

MB.
17-08-2017, 10:34 PM
You have to turn down the offer if you still can... if not, get in contact and tell them soon

MB.
17-08-2017, 10:34 PM
Alternatively, get someone else to pretend to be you for three years

Whichever's easier

Will.
17-08-2017, 10:44 PM
I'll call tomorrow x

Jarrod
17-08-2017, 10:52 PM
I'm sorry you decided not to go, Will!

Ross.
17-08-2017, 10:53 PM
Why aren't you going anymore hun

Will.
17-08-2017, 11:05 PM
I'm sorry you decided not to go, Will!

Why aren't you going anymore hun

:love:

Well I'm just not really interested in it very much anymore. The last year has been really difficult with so many deaths in the family and what happened mid last year that I want a year of normality if that make sense, I'm not emotionally or metally strong anymore. I'm not really wanting to go out to Surrey and meet new people all over again as I went to boarding secondary school and college all my own and It took me forever to settle in. I perhaps would have been more for it had my best friend had gotten in.

I think I'm going to take a year and get a small job somewhere and just see how it goes and decide what I really want to do and maybe I'll consider uni next year.

I know a fresh start would be good but I'm just not up to it yet.

arista
17-08-2017, 11:49 PM
No time to have a Rest
how ever hard your life has become.
Every day you are not learning
means Robots will be better than humans.

Feel The Force

Greg!
17-08-2017, 11:53 PM
No time to have a Rest
how ever hard your life has become.
Every day you are not learning
means Robots will be better than humans.

Feel The Force

Arista why are you obsessed with robots.

Greg!
17-08-2017, 11:54 PM
I'd send them a wee email to let them know lovley Will!

arista
18-08-2017, 12:08 AM
Arista why are you obsessed with robots.

They NEVER STRIKE
They NEVER TAKE a COFFEE BREAK
They work 1000 times faster than humans
They are not in any Union.

Sign Of The Times

Will.
18-08-2017, 12:09 AM
I'd send them a wee email to let them know lovley Will!

I will do this tomorrow. :love:

Thank you Greg. X

JerseyWins
18-08-2017, 12:25 AM
Good decision tbh. College is pointless if you don't know what you want to do. :joker: That diploma is just really expensive toilet paper.

Littlegreen
18-08-2017, 10:50 AM
If you are truly not mentally strong enough right now, the best decision you could make would be to postpone this year.

From my own experience I've regretted not attacking all the opportunities handed to me when I had the chance, but health comes first!

Cherie
18-08-2017, 11:00 AM
:love:

Well I'm just not really interested in it very much anymore. The last year has been really difficult with so many deaths in the family and what happened mid last year that I want a year of normality if that make sense, I'm not emotionally or metally strong anymore. I'm not really wanting to go out to Surrey and meet new people all over again as I went to boarding secondary school and college all my own and It took me forever to settle in. I perhaps would have been more for it had my best friend had gotten in.

I think I'm going to take a year and get a small job somewhere and just see how it goes and decide what I really want to do and maybe I'll consider uni next year.

I know a fresh start would be good but I'm just not up to it yet.

Everyone should have a gap year to explore their options I don't think going from College to Uni is great unless you are 100 per cent sure of what you want to do, why not defer rather than turn it down that way you won't need to reapply next year, but if you are not sure about the uni turn it down as you won't be able to apply elsewhere while you are holding an offer x

Will.
18-08-2017, 11:06 AM
I just called the uni and told them and they said send an email so have done that!

Will.
18-08-2017, 11:25 AM
They've cleared my offfer!

Do i need to do anything with the student finance I applied for?

Will.
18-08-2017, 11:26 AM
Everyone should have a gap year to explore their options I don't think going from College to Uni is great unless you are 100 per cent sure of what you want to do, why not defer rather than turn it down that way you won't need to reapply next year, but if you are not sure about the uni turn it down as you won't be able to apply elsewhere while you are holding an offer x

Yeah I'm definitely not 100% sure, with college I was. Yeah I think if I was to go I'd look at uni in London as I'd rather stay at home. X

Will.
18-08-2017, 11:28 AM
If you are truly not mentally strong enough right now, the best decision you could make would be to postpone this year.

From my own experience I've regretted not attacking all the opportunities handed to me when I had the chance, but health comes first!

Thanks for the advice! Yeah I don't think uni would suit me really but maybe next year if I feel more up for It.