PDA

View Full Version : Dermot: 'I Get Bored of BB Contestants'

Kaz
20-05-2003, 01:59 PM
Big Brother presenter Dermot O'Leary has admitted he quickly becomes bored of the show's contestants.

O'Leary also says the only people who apply to the show are attention seekers.

The host of Big Brother show Little Brother says this year's contestants will be just as outrageous as their predecessors.

"It's strange because when they're in the house you're obsessed with them - you do the first interview and you're obsessed," he has told Heat magazine.

He added: "And then it's weird because after one or two weeks you're not interested in them but they do lose power. It's so strange and you hate yourself for it."

Producers have said they are looking looking for ordinary people who will get on well and not play up to the cameras.

"The people who apply are of that ilk and they're no less watchable for it," he said. "And bear in mind that people who aren't like that regret being there and leave, like Sunita."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh Dermot . . . . . how could you? :shocked:

I would reckon he's probably referring more to last year's contestants - but I haven't seen the whole article in 'Heat'.

WILDCHILD
20-05-2003, 02:39 PM
I can understand it - because even though we do too, he must live and breathe BB and if you are not that obsessed i can imagine it getting on your nerves!

But it does make you wonder whether Big Brother is just ajob for Dermot and whether he actually likes the show!
:conf::spin2::conf:

kaphc
20-05-2003, 03:56 PM
The bit from Heat magazine itself puts a slightly different slant on it:

Is it true that there'll be fewer attention seekers this year?
dermot: I doubt that. By definition people like that are on Big Brother, especially by the fourth series. The people who would apply are of that ilk and they're no less watchable for it. And bear in mind that people who aren't like that regret being there and leave, like Sunita.

Who was the person you were most dying to speak to?
Dermot: It's strange because when they're in the hosue you're obsessed with them - you do the first interview and you're obsessed.And then it's weird because after one or two weeks you're not disinterested in them - but htey do lose power. It's so strange and you hate yourself for it.

------------------------------------

I think Dermot's describing what most of us go through after BB each year there!

WILDCHILD
20-05-2003, 04:21 PM
Those tabloids really do twist things!!:devil:

Amy
20-05-2003, 07:43 PM
DERMOT :love:

I agree with him on this...

Dermot: It's strange because when they're in the hosue you're obsessed with them - you do the first interview and you're obsessed.And then it's weird because after one or two weeks you're not disinterested in them - but they do lose power. It's so strange and you hate yourself for it.
You do hate yourself for not it :bawling:

:love::love::love::love:

steve_o
20-05-2003, 07:56 PM
Poor old Dermented, thats what the bb contestants do to him :laugh: Only joking Amy :thumbs: I suppose when you've been interviewing SAS people bb contestants look a bit shallow. Still nice money though, and it's helped make his name. :dazzler:

:spin: